Poll: What is your nationality?

FolkLikePanda

Apr 15, 2009
British, more specifically English, more specifically Yam Yam.

Born in West Scumwich Bromwich (though me mothers side of the family is Wolves fans so is me Dad but his family am all Stripey Pajama fans) but live in Dudley borough, quite nice, near the countryside.

Quite proud of being British/English though, 25% of the World was once ours, 2 World War, 1 World Cup and a lot of amazing Rock bands come from me area as well. Though I think were in desperate need of a massive overhaul.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
AnarchistFish said:
Blunderboy said:
British. Or United Kingdom has your poll calls it.
"British" applies to the whole of the UK though, so it's the same. "British" doesn't specifically refer to Britain alone.
But no one says that their nationality is 'United Kingdom'. It's British. That's my point.

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
Born and raised in the United states of MURRICA! We got so much undeserved pride it's just spewing out our eye holes.
Captcha: peter out
teehee

saxxon.de

Apr 18, 2011
I'm german and I never saw anyone dressed like this:

Just trying to clean up with the embarassing stereotype. Oh, and I also don't like slaughtering people. Just sayin'.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I'm from Canadia. No, I did not misspell that.

canadamus_prime said:
I'm from Canada, Alberta to be specific.
Are you from the *ahem* City of Champions?

Tayh

Apr 6, 2009
Denmark.
alexwbyrd said:
Well as me, I'm from the good ole' US of A in the state of California.
I've always wondered, why do americans say that?
USA is pretty much one of the youngest countries here on earth.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
TopazFusion said:
YAY!!

There's an option for New Zealand!

[sub]For some reason NZ is always left out in these threads, and we have to vote "other" or, heaven forbid, "Australia".[/sub]

Anyway, yes, New Zealand. Live here, was born here.
I'm as suprised as you are.

Gandanga11

Mar 17, 2012
Zimbabwe. And no i dont live in a round hut. I know there was at least one person tempted to ask me if i did.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010

U.S.A!
U.S.A!
U.S.A!
Born and raised American. Sadly, whenever I attempt to express any form of pride for my country, I adopt a very thick redneck accent. I think I used to do it for the fun of it, but now I don't even think about doing it. I usually speak in a very formal fashion with no accent, but as soon as I begin talking about America... YEEEE-DOGGIE!!!
Both sides of my family came from Germany quite a few generations back. While many of my friends are the same, this leads to me being the butt of a lot of Nazi jokes, thanks to my blonde hair and blue eyes.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
I was born and raised in Canada, specifically Winnipeg, Manitoba. Our winters will freeze your fingers off and our summers are hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk. So you tend to fluctuate between bundled up in multiple layers to wearing as little clothing as you can without being charged for indecent exposure.

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
American by birth, Prussian, Austrian, Saxon(Contradictions everywhere.), Scottish and Dutch by hereditary. I hale from the wonderful state of Ohio, home of the world's highest library usage.

Optiluiz

Dec 30, 2010
Brazilian here, though I lived in Canada for a long time and was tempted to choose it in the poll.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
kortin said:
Shocksplicer said:
Australia. Born in Melbourne, live in Brisbane now.
AKA two major cities in Australia which Americans somehow never pronounce correctly.
So, for my American friends, I was born in Melbern and now live in Brisbayne.
If it's pronounced "melborn", then I can hardly see your problem with people pronouncing it "incorrectly" since I'm certain it's just a case of them saying the name quickly.

Brisbane, however, I can't see how it could be pronounced differently and you can hardly blame someone for pronouncing it phonetically.

The US here. Born here, lived here for say...12 years of my life, spent the other 5 on that small island in Japan known as Okinawa.
The correct pronunciation is "Melbn" and "Brisbn".

alexwbyrd

Jul 12, 2012
Tayh said:
Denmark.
alexwbyrd said:
Well as me, I'm from the good ole' US of A in the state of California.
I've always wondered, why do americans say that?
USA is pretty much one of the youngest countries here on earth.
That's a good point and to answer your question its just a turn of phrase a good deal of us Americans like to use when referring to our country in a prideful manner. By comparison our country is certainly a young one but I suppose we think that 306 years is a good while.