Poll: What Is Your Virtue?

Synyster

Madman with a laptop
Jul 20, 2011
Couarage, I have had 12 surgeries last year, and have another 4 from now till June

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
Well I'm definitely not a lot of those things, but I am Fortitude. Because when it comes time to make a hard decision I do it. I've also put myself in a dangerous situation to help a friend.

But I'm pretty much the exact opposite of prude and saying I'm temperance would probably make some people laugh to death.

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
Temperance is the only one I can really claim to have. Maybe Loyalty, depending on how you define it (for example, if you define it as the same thing as Faith, then probably not)

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Blue Hero said:
Courage. I touched a spider today and didn't even cry for very long. I can do anything.
Oh god that's fucking Heroic!

OT: I think Loyalty (not faith, fuck that) Since I stay loyal to friend's I guess?

Or perhaps prudence (not of my own will) -.- kill me.

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
Fortitude/Courage i think. I don't want to come off as an internet badass but i have a personal policy to never back down from things that intimidate, scare or challenge me. I spent many years as a lazy coward so im kind of overcompensating. Having masoschistic tendencies and a burning hunger for respect helps too.

Loyalty would be my second pick, and these two go well together. Taking metaphorical bullets for people you love ftw.

Nudu

Jun 1, 2011
More a fan of the sins myself, but I guess justice(diligence) fits me better then the others.

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
Fortitude, cuz if yer a wuss all the loyalty in the world won't help your friends one bit in a dangerous situation. I for one will not lay down will not cower will not let anything stop me till my last breath leaves this shell, I fear not death, I fear not pain, I fear not ridicule, as death is inevitable, pain is an illusion of the mind, and ridicule only affects those who fall prey to self doubt.

I'm the one people go to for the killing of spiders/rats/other pests, I will move a piano by myself if i have to to help someone, and if someone is harrassing bullying or mistreating me or a friend of mine I will initiate the required confrontation to end the situation, just how I am.

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
Either courage, hope or charity.

I picked charity, because I would do anything for anyone, even if they don't entirely deserve it.

Hope is quite ok because I'm a pretty optimistic person. But right now, I don't really feel like I live in bliss.

Courage is just because I'm hardly ever worried (might be linked to hope) and would do pretty much anything. Not a lot of things scare me.

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
JesterRaiin said:
Chicago Ted said:
So, what's yours?
How about "none" ? ;)
One may fall into "passive" category being neither especialy virtuous nor evil per se, just your average, pragmatic Joe.
While part of me would agree with you about a people not really fitting a mold of virtuous or evil, that wasn't really the point of this. It was more of just asking which one an individual was either most susceptible to or most pious in upholding. While we all have a mix of one, I believe every individual has at least one or two more defining virtues and vices. I've already answered mine, but if I had to pick a second Virtue for example, it'd probably be Faith/Loyalty or a Vice probably Wrath, but Hope and Gluttony would be near the bottom of each.

I'm just wondering what everyone generally sits on as their most defining one...

... That and I was writing up a New World of Darkness character sheet that requires you to pick one for your character.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
Chicago Ted said:
(snip)
I'm just wondering what everyone generally sits on as their most defining one...

... That and I was writing up a New World of Darkness character sheet that requires you to pick one for your character.
I see. I find your approach acceptable. :)

I merely refuse to acknowledge wolrd being black or white. The reality is so mutable - when we think we know all about it, it shows us different face. That, which can't be closed in the house erected from bricks with definitions.

But, if it's about fun, then aaaawhell ! Pure, naiive faith would be my choice of virtue. Despite all my cynicism and cases of pure, cruel evil i witnessed, i believe in the Mankind. Also i believe that Skyrim is meant for troo Nords only ! Power to the people ! ;)

BTW, what do you think about 20th Anniversary edition of Old WoD ? :)

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Faith/Loyalty would have to be mine since I am pretty damn loyal to a fault.

Marcus Kehoe

Mar 18, 2011
For me it would have to be Prudence. Well yea there is the Chasity thing in which I believe in, their the object of morel virtue that comes with Prudence in which I try to hold up with everything I do.