Poll: What sequel do you desire the most?

TheRussian

May 8, 2011
Battlefront 3 or Republic Commando 2

Aaaaaa don't make me choose!!!!

On reflection, perhaps Battlefront 3, if it would have 64v64 Multiplayer matches

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
bafrali said:
Hmm A certain sci-fi shooter's next instalment seems to be missing from your poll. My choice would be that.

RedDeadFred said:
Bastion 2.
Excuse me but I need to kill you before you give developers anymore terrible ideas.
While the ending was perfect, it was also very open ended. There are still many possibilities for what they could do next. I'm confident that the developers could make another outstanding game in that universe.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Terramax said:
Here was me thinking this was gonna be a Shenmue 3 thread.

Shinsei-J said:
Hmm, only if they make it cutesy like the first game. I really disliked how they tried to make him look cool in the 2nd installment.
Agreed, it's what made the game great while the second was kind of lackluster in comparison.

Also how did I not think of Medievil 3 and another Golden Sun game.
I'm disapointed in myself.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Oddly enough, there are two games.

Alpha Protocol 2, and Brink 2.

AP was a rather good game, that fell short of many gamers expectations, I would assume, because they beleived it was going to be like Mass Effect, when it was actually more of a RPG than the two ME games to fallow the first Mass Effect.

Brink, well, it was rough, and could have used some more work in areas. But it was still a cool idea, it wasnt all that bad control wise, it wasnt a serious, dull brown shooter, and has a more unique story compared to what other shooters were out that year.

Raziello

Jul 22, 2010
Legacy of Kain - Defiance, i want a sequel, not a remake, The Balance needs to be restored! Even if they only make 1 more game to wrap things up in a decent manner i would be in insanely happy man.

Alpha Centauri - One of my fav games of all time that could do with an equally awesome sequel

Freelancer - With modern graphics and processing power, a sequel of this could be amazing.

Gluzzbung

Nov 28, 2009
As soon as I saw this thread I thought 'This is going to be an entire country's worth of people lusting after Half Life 3' but no, of course not, the person who made the poll has the gall to look at the top ten best selling games right now and ask us to pick which one.

Anyway, Half Life 3, you need to add that in.

lostlevel

Nov 6, 2008
scorptatious said:
Out of the choices listed, I would not mind seeing a Star Wars Battlefront 3.

As for something that's not on the list:

Metal Arms: Glitch in the System 2

Kingdom Hearts 3

Can't think of anything else.
I second Metal Arms: Glitch in the System 2, I would love to see a sequel to that game.

Oh and more Galerians, that game was pretty darn good.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
Explorator Vimes said:
Other: Eternal Darkness 2.
I second this one. Although it will never happen due to the fact that silicon knights is in a lot of trouble. To be honest I will be very surprised if they will even release a game after everything.

Also due to the fact i have really terrible taste in games i would love to see a Wet 2 (somehow i enjoyed playing the first game).

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
declare The Old Republic non canon and give KotOR 3 to Obsidian

also give jade empire 2 to them

in fact give any sequal you want to a bioware game to Obsidian

Olikar

Sep 4, 2012
canadamus_prime said:
I do. In fact it was specifically in regards to KotR III, people used to say they'd want Bioware to handle it because supposedly Obsidian fucked up KotR II. So surely you see the irony now.
I have honestly never met these people, most Kotor fans I have met (myself included) have said Kotor 2 is vastly superior in terms of both gameplay and story.

EDIT: Also even if it was a mainstream consensus that Bioware did a better job at Kotor than Obsidian did, it wouldn't be 'ironic' for me to think that Obsidian would do a better job at the third.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Im amazed by the fact that with so many good Star Wars sequels open to do LucasArts chooses the crappy Force Unleashed and shitfest that is Kinect Star Wars.

generals3

Mar 25, 2009
Grivahri said:
What sequel that probably won't be made do you want the most? Note, the options that I gave you are the games that I want to be made.
Rise Of Nations 2. I really liked how RoN mixed AoE with Civ and i feel a sequel has a lot of potential. And than there is Empires Dawn Of The Modern World 2, EDOTMW was probably the best Empire Earth style RTS out unfortunately Stainless Steel Studios went bankrupt :(

Grivahri

Mar 26, 2012
Gluzzbung said:
As soon as I saw this thread I thought 'This is going to be an entire country's worth of people lusting after Half Life 3' but no, of course not, the person who made the poll has the gall to look at the top ten best selling games right now and ask us to pick which one.

Anyway, Half Life 3, you need to add that in.
I thought about adding Half Life 3 to the poll. However, I am pretty sure that they are working on it and that it will be released eventually. Remember the thread is about the games that will most likely never be made. As for the options, how are they the best selling games right now? I think you misunderstand the purpose of this poll. The poll can't list all the possible game sequels that gamers want. It is simply a way for me to see how many people want the same games that I want.

Grivahri

Mar 26, 2012
Olikar said:
canadamus_prime said:
I do. In fact it was specifically in regards to KotR III, people used to say they'd want Bioware to handle it because supposedly Obsidian fucked up KotR II. So surely you see the irony now.
I have honestly never met these people, most Kotor fans I have met (myself included) have said Kotor 2 is vastly superior in terms of both gameplay and story.

EDIT: Also even if it was a mainstream consensus that Bioware did a better job at Kotor than Obsidian did, it wouldn't be 'ironic' for me to think that Obsidian would do a better job at the third.
Obsidian are undoubtedly better story writers than Bioware. Bioware were, if you think about it, never that good at making a well written and intelligent story (even before EA made them "evil"). Their strength is making appealing characters that you can both love and hate. I would like it if both Obsidian and Bioware worked on Kotor 3, after the old republic is declared non canon. Obsidian creates the story keeping the "grayness" aspect of the force, while Bioware makes the characters and the setting.