Poll: What would you do if you found a Death Note

waj9876

Jan 14, 2012
Four and five. I'd keep it and use it extensively for personal gain.

Only on people who really don't deserve to live, of course. Though I guess that's entirely up to my own sense of morality...

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
I'd keep it handy. I'm terrified of the idea of killing people, but having that particular ace up my sleeve if I get into trouble? Literally up my sleeve, a little scrap of the paper? It's hard to imagine a specific act-or-die scenario where I can get my assailant's name, but, fuck, wouldn't my face be red if something like that happened and I didn't have the power?

Yeah, there'd be the temptation to use it on people I feel 'deserve it', and I don't know for sure I'd be able to overcome that- I'd like to think I would, but that's the problem with hypothetical abilities- But I'm not going to throw away the most powerful weapon on the planet just because I don't trust myself, and I'm certainly not giving it away.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
I'd keep it and use it. Only on the people who deserve it. Animal abusers first and just people abusers in general really. I would try and make sure I never get corrupted by power. I doubt I would.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I'd start ticking names off faster than a damn school register.

On a serious note, keep it and use it sparingly. There's several people who I know deserve to drop dead. Some family members included. No one is gonna miss them either.
I highly doubt I'd go mad with power and I'd need an actual serious reason to kill someone.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
Well, in all honesty, I'd probably keep it and do nothing with it.
It's a bloody Death Note. Who else has a Death Note? I want one!

I'm not enough of a risk taker to write anything in it but without that I still wouldn't just write the names of people that piss me off. Maybe a mass murderer or two if I'm in a shitty mood one day.

ViridianV6

Sep 15, 2013
I'd probs hide it just to fuck with the Death God it is attached to. Otherwise I'd go with option 1 because that is way too much power for anyone to have.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
I'd possibly use it very sparingly, but mostly as a tool for my own education. Killing 'baddies' (you know, terrorists, dictators and insurance salesmen) might be fun and all, but it would have consequences. Consequences that could possibly be worse than the bad guy continuing to live. Also, who am I to crown myself moral authority over all? (Then again, me being rather smarter than most people might make me as good a choice as any. ^^) Only after very careful research and maybe even consultation would I possibly put a name down.

Or, to use a couple of quotes: Don't be too eager to deal out death in judgement. And: Who watches the watchmen?

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
I'd use it sparingly. Killing terrorist leaders would actually help save lives in the long run.

The biggest problem would be the urge to create really weird deaths using it.

"Random corrupt vicar. May 21st 3:00pm. Run over by a bus full of nuns, impaled by a large crucifix, then struck by lightning twice."

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Ronald Nand said:
Halyah said:
Hard to tell how I would react and what I would do without actually experiencing it. The first thing I'd do is definitely do some heavy research into what will happen to the user and I'd get as much detail about it as possible. It's not worth considering anything if one ends up seizing to exist upon death or the likes if one has used the thing.

Chances are I'd introduce it to Mr Fire though or keep it around to see if anyone came for it.
Its been a bit since I've watched the Anime but I think the only downside is you don't get to go to hell or heaven, you have to go to the death god world and become a Shinigami when you die.
Well. Ryuk said that, but then immediately afterward it's implied that heaven and hell don't exist at all. So in that case, there is no drawback.

OT: I'd probably go full Light with it. Imagine how much money and land we'd have if the prisons suddenly found themselves without prisoners. Probably a lot, considering we have a quarter of the world's prison population.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Honestly, I won't pretend I'm above revenge. So I'd take revenge on the terrible people that made me waste years of my life.

After that some terrible people to see what'll happen. Putin, Kim Jong Un, that sort of thing. I honestly don't think it'll do anything constructive in the long run. I'm just curious about what'll happen. Hell, if I'd decimate the Russian government it'd probably completely escalate the tense situation in Ukraine. But what can I say, I'm curious about that.

Yeah I'm probably not the best person to find this thing.
Torque2100 said:
Immediately write the following names in it;

Barack Obama

Joseph Biden

Nancy Pelosi

Harry Reid.
Not a fan of the Democrats eh. Funny hearing that from a European perspective. From our p.o.v you guys are finally making a small bit of progress.

Gormech

May 10, 2012
Burn it. If I remember correctly, there's a part in the anime where Light is told that by using the death note, he will never be able to go to heaven. Kind of a double edged sword scenario with the thing. If I'm just imagining things, sparingly.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
In hypothetical-land where I am the most amazing human being ever, I would use it to get rid of the world's worst criminals and then everything would be great and there'd be sunshine and ice cream and The Beatles would come back to life, etc.

In real life though, I would probably keep it, but hide it, and only use if there is absolutely no way out without killing someone, but even then I'd hesitate.

DragonLordSerge

Mar 13, 2012
I would assume the death god is attached to it and i can get the eye power to know everyones name i would use it extensively.

CorvusFerreum

Jun 13, 2011

Just to see what'll happen. Because I'm really curious wether this would work (not that I'd really would notice if it did...)

Voted "extensivly", obviously...

(Font's Jonathan S. Harris' "Across the Road" [http://www.dafont.com/across-the-road.font], in case you were wondering)

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Well, I wish I could say that there are a few names I'd write down. Six, to be exact. Five in the name of getting rid of corrupt fucks who cause all kinds of hardships for the citizens. One would be petty revenge. I wish I could say that, but alas, since I don't think I get to be the arbiter of life and death, I cannot.

Now, if I found a "Forced permanent vacation, all expenses paid, in Whateveristan"-note, then I'd be all for it.

Hawk eye1466

May 31, 2010
Oh wow the things I'd do with it, that's what daydreaming is for since they don't really exist which makes me a little sad now

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Almost a shame that I can't really remember people's faces. Still if I got one I would use it when nescecary and hey, you can have shinigami vision (or how was it called).