Poll: What would you save? All of your gaming accounts/memory, or a person?

[.redacted]

Jan 24, 2010
This is an easy choice, my gaming files, providing that I would nor have any recognition for saving the stranger.

If I was never to able to interact with the stranger, they would have no value to me, and so can go ahead and die if they like. It isn't that my games are worth much to me (they aren't really) It's just that they do have some value.

Obviously if I could actually talk to the stranger/gain credit for saving them I'd do so, but surely if you buy a new game over donating to charity, you're making the same choice.

Jun 24, 2009
As much as I hate to admit it, I would save my data. If it were somebody I knew, I would definatly save them, but I put a lot of work into my data, and I don't want to lose all of it for something that there are over seven BILLION of in the world.

Watchmacallit

Jan 7, 2010
You lose your memory, your life, for a stranger? Wow, altruistic bunch aren't we?

I chose not to save the stranger.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
The person, hands down. I can find time to play my videogames into completion again, a human being can never be replaced.

Panorama

Carry on Jeeves
Dec 7, 2010
Alucard 11189 said:
The person, hands down. I can find time to play my videogames into completion again, a human being can never be replaced.
That saved me a job, yeah i ca live with losing my data give me another 8-10 years i can get it back.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Save the data of course!
Unless I get an infinite amount of money for saving said stranger maybe...

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
The stranger gets to live at the cost of my gaming data. Knowing me, if I picked the data, I'd have the stranger's death on my mind for a very, very long time.

Iconsting

Apr 14, 2009
Let's see... On one hand, I lose my entire gaming legacy, all my life's work in the digital world would be lost. All I'd get in return is gratitude from some average Joe.

On the other hand, not saving him would be first degree murder, I don't think the judge would think very highly of me if I told him "I did it to keep my video game progress."

I'd probably just save the asshole stranger and start a new gaming career, this is something I consider to be fun, so re-living that experience would be oodles of fun. I also wouldn't want to kill a man, so there you go.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Is this even a real question, honestly?

I found it hard to believe anyone would pick the first seriously, but there's a disproportionate amount for mere irony or humour.

Seriously, what the fuck?

Mr Somewhere

Mar 9, 2011
Of course I would save the stranger, way I see it... it's a win/win situation. I save a life and get to experience Super Metroid for the first time, again! Pure magic...

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
i'll save the stranger, of course BUT not because i couldn't sleep if i didn't, no no no:
it it will allow me to experience every beloved game of mine once more as if i played it for the first time... which i actually do, as i have neither my saves etc, nor any memory of it

how awesome it'll be to play BG2 and planescape torment again, anew, without knowing shit about them :D:D:D

BUT if the question is meant as "you lose all your GAMES"... well, screw him, we're cloing in on 7 milliard people on this flying rock, what is a stranger to me?? i have invested money, time, sweat, tears and blood into my games! ^^
also, i have already a certain reputation, and i am aware that conscience is an illusion, so what gives

aunt edith says: great poll/question, really! i less than three it!

wolfy098

May 1, 2009
There would be a long rant on how s/he should be more careful and how my MONTHS of disgaea saves are now GONE!

Cry Wolf

Oct 13, 2010
Nothing in your post says I'd somehow lose all my games, merely the memories and the various linked accounts. In this case, why would I care? Hell, it actually sounds great. I'd get to play games for the first time again which I've always wanted to do. I'd have tens of thousands of hours of new stuff to do in my shelves without have to pay a single cent.

And I saved a guys life. How many people can say "Yeah, I saved a dudes life" and not been giving corrupted bollocks juice out for you to chuff down like a tequila shot? Instant cool right there.

So yeah, save the guy.

Tibs

Mar 23, 2011
Save the stranger. I have lost all my gaming data in the past anyways. Its not that bad.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I'd probably save the person. MUCH easier choice than that one thread in which you have to choose between a stranger and your pet.

Besides, my data getting erased gives me a reason to play through my games again.