Poll: What's the best animated show airing right now?

Lord Garnaat

Apr 10, 2012
I'd like to think that the irritating period of time in which there weren't really any good animated shows going on, when Cartoon Network stopped making good content and a lot of great stuff was either cancelled or significantly decreased in quality, is over. Nowadays there are several truly awesome animated shows around, so which is your favorite? Note that it has to be an animated show that is currently running, nothing that's not currently making new episodes.

My apologies in advance if your preferred show isn't on the poll, I don't really have that many options to use so I just picked the most popular shows I could think of.

Personally I'll have to go with MLP. I do adore The Legend of Korra, and personally think that it's even better than the original, but there's just something about those ponies that causes my brain to devote all of its spare attention to it. Its like some sort of sick, twisted virus that destroys your spare time.

I haven't had a chance to see Adventure Time or Gravity Falls yet, so maybe I'll think that they're better when I see them, but for now I'll stick with what I believe.

Accel

Aug 18, 2012
What time is it?

Yeah I went with adventure time. Gravity falls is great but it's still early right now. And I just fell out of MLP at some point. But AT stills holds up. Transformers Prime is great too but I still haven't seen the second season yet (they need to hurry up on that so I can watch it on Netflix)

Still haven't seen Phineas and Ferb yet though. Or LoK.

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
MLP:FIM. Yup, not too surprising, I'm sure. Although, Legend of Korra is a close 2nd. J.K. Simmons is awesome :D

Adventure Time... Eh, watched it. Can see the appeal, but it just wasn't my cup of tea (although it does have some funny moments).

Seen a little bit of Futurama. It's ok.

Haven't seen any of the others.

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
Voted Gravity Falls because it makes me laugh out loud multiple times per episodes, has a load of hidden codes with hinted conspiracy that appeal to my compulsions to find and know everything and paranoia, 8 bit tunes and meta references.

Also dat intro.

One more clip

Edit: Was also considering voting Korra but as much as I love watching LoK it doesn't really make me laugh all that much.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Although I'm a fan of the ponies, my vote goes to Korra.
The creators put so much effort into it, they deserve recognition.

clipse15

May 18, 2009
Adventure Time is so amazing. At first a lot of it just seems random humour but the more you watch it the more you see that their universe follows certain rules and I love how they leave clues to showcase that it takes place in a post apocalyptic earth.

However the best animated show would have to be Young Justice. Depending on how the rest of this season goes I would say its better the n the Justice League show

Euphbug

Mar 31, 2009
Tough choice between Adventure Time (been around a bit but still strong) or Gravity Falls (Fresh and new). Just like Accel said though Gravity Falls is still new to see which way it will go, so gonna go with Adventure Time for now.

Though the other choices are all good, but many have some reason to not choose them, for me at least. Korra is great, but the season 1 ending left a slight misstaste in my mouth so I couldn't give it a vote. MLP is surprisingly good for what its source is, as most know, it just isn't top of the group for me.

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
While its not on the air at the moment (They just wrapped up their 4th season a couple of months ago) Metalocalypse. Just awesome.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Last time I've check, Legend of Korra is done for the time being until Season 2 aired, Archer is also done for the time being aswell and MLP:FiM season 3 suppose to be aired soon (give us a release date already!). Otherwise I would of vote for MLP:FiM.

Anyway I'm going with Gravity Fall. Sure I love Adventure Time but Gravity Fall is relatively a new show and yet there something about it that make it so refreshing and unquie compared to the others.

I think what make it so appealing is that the some theme is more akin to those mystery and monsters shows like Scooby Doo or X-Files while the characters themselves are greatly developed (in my view). Dipper is calm and collective for a kid while Mable is kind of silly so they compliment each other (even their names stand out from the many other cartoon characters, serious had those two names has been used in a cartoon before?). Stan is money grabbing obsess man but he does look out for them most of the time.

Lord Garnaat

Apr 10, 2012
Scarim Coral said:
Last time I've check, Legend of Korra is done for the time being until Season 2 aired, Archer is also done for the time being aswell and MLP:FiM season 3 suppose to be aired soon (give us a release date already!). Otherwise I would of vote for MLP:FiM.

Anyway I'm going with Gravity Fall. Sure I love Adventure Time but Gravity Fall is relatively a new show and yet there something about it that make it so refreshing and unquie compared to the others.

I think what make it so appealing is that the some theme is more akin to those mystery and monsters shows like Scooby Doo or X-Files while the characters themselves are greatly developed (in my view). Dipper is calm and collective for a kid while Mable is kind of silly so they compliment each other (even their names stand out from the many other cartoon characters, serious had those two names has been used in a cartoon before?). Stan is money grabbing obsess man but he does look out for them most of the time.
When I said "currently airing" I meant as in "not cancelled". Things that are between seasons still count, sorry if that wasn't clear.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
God, I love Gravity Falls.
Can't believe the influx of new good animated series lately!

Daily recommended dose of Gravity Falls:

Euphbug

Mar 31, 2009
Pinkamena said:
God, I love Gravity Falls.
Can't believe the influx of new good animated series lately!

Daily recommended dose of Gravity Falls:
Thank you, this is always needed. I have such high hopes for this show and I believe it could easily go for some more seasons with its current pace. Curses on Disney if they ever can this show D:

ninjaRiv

Aug 25, 2010
This is a difficult one. I'm loving Gravity Falls, Regular Show, The Amazing World of Gumball, Adventure Time and Phineas and Ferb but I can't decide which one's better.

It actually annoys me when people say that the 1990s had the best cartoons or before then. Yeah, Animaniacs, Looney Toons, Freakazoid, The Mask and all those others were fantastic but, believe it or not, these new ones are pretty fucking awesome, too. In fact, they embody everything those older cartoons were trying to do. They entertain people of all ages. Looney Toons had jokes for all ages, right? Well, these cartoons do, too! Phineas and Ferb, for example, is a great imaginative cartoon for little ones but for us older audiences it has plenty of jokes! References to Invasion of the Body Snatchers, for example! And it's also satirical of similar shows!

Entitled

Aug 27, 2012
The temptation is great to bring up some random anime that you didn't hear about, but to be fair, FiM is still the most amusing phenomena in recent media history, and that is in large part thanks to the show itself.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Out of those choices I think I have to say Legend of Korra. Futurama and Adventure Time are also really great. I've never heard of Gravity Falls or Archer though.

If it wasn't restricted to just the poll options... I would probably still say LoK. But it wouldn't be so easy. There's so much out there. Animation seems to have had a bit of a come back in recent years.