Poll: Whats with the My Little Pony craze?

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Mazty said:
daleious said:
Mazty said:
show made for little girls?
This is where your obvious insulting argument falls down. As stated previous this is written by Laura Faust who did PPG and Fosters, PPG being one of the best cartoons of the late ninteens and watched by majority of kids regardless of sex since seeing mojojo get his ass kicked once again was just clearly entertaining.

Your clearly making a distinction of the characters portrayed as being the intended audience which is also like saying that Team America is intended for fans of puppets.
Don't mistake honesty for offensiveness.
"My Little Pony is a brand of toy ponies marketed primarily to young women and children and produced by the toy manufacturer Hasbro"
Ergo the cartoon is for young women and children.
Someones past work has zero implication on their other work. Speilburg made ET. He also made Schindler's List. Are the two films for the same audience?
I could tell you how wrong you are, but I will let the show's creator, Ms. Lauren Faust, do it for me.

That's all.

CarpathianMuffin

Space. Lance.
Jun 7, 2010
I haven't seen it once, and I can't understand the fascination with it, unless it's some kind of failed ironic statement.

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
I do so love that, avoiding generalisation, a large number of people on the internet are so jaded that when they hear of a show developing a cult following they just assume that it is one big ironic joke that they are not in on rather then actually checking the show out.

Those who have seen the show and don't like it? I salute you for your willingness to try something before you form a judgement.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
It's taken the word "Twilight" back. For that alone I thank it.
no

it's taken the words "Twilight Sparkle" back to the point where you can say them without people jumping on you trying to eviscerate you

even more because Twilight Sparkle's goth style

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
John Funk said:
Mazty said:
daleious said:
Mazty said:
This is where your obvious insulting argument falls down. As stated previous this is written by Laura Faust who did PPG and Fosters, PPG being one of the best cartoons of the late ninteens and watched by majority of kids regardless of sex since seeing mojojo get his ass kicked once again was just clearly entertaining.

Your clearly making a distinction of the characters portrayed as being the intended audience which is also like saying that Team America is intended for fans of puppets.
"My Little Pony is a brand of toy ponies marketed primarily to young women and children and produced by the toy manufacturer Hasbro"
Someones past work has zero implication on their other work. Speilburg made ET. He also made Schindler's List. Are the two films for the same audience?
I could tell you how wrong you are, but I will let the show's creator, Ms. Lauren Faust, do it for me.

That's all.
Thanks for stepping in, now all "it is for little girl" have lost all ammo on this site :)

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
never even heard of the show until VG cats mentioned it, I'm not giving it a look, but none the less, it should be good

Bocaj2000

Sep 10, 2008
bob1052 said:
Truly spoken like someone who hasn't glanced at the show but feels superior because he doesn't watch shows for little girls and feels better about himself for not liking anything that is "popular"
u mad? get over yourself.

Urgh76 said:
[http://img541.imageshack.us/i/whyc.png/]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us [http://imageshack.us]

I hope you're proud of yourself
NOOOOOOOOO!!!! IM SOO SORRY!!!! :'(

sdmblack said:
...or we actually like it. Bronys are generally quite far from being trolls, some of the most consisten community i've seen on 4chan in quite a while. also the show IS quite good, as my friends-turned-bronys have finally learned, and it just gives off a warm and fuzzy aura.
Strife17O7 said:
On the contrary...

I would merely confess to an appreciation of cute things, in addition to a multitude of other interests. Ever have a puppy or a kitten? /:

Obviously I couldn't speak for everyone of course...that's just me.
Radoh said:
I respectfully disagree. I gave something a chance because people here kept talking about how great it was, I did not watch it because it was "popular" as popular stuff won't alienate me from friends.
I am very much a closet Brony and I have never trolled in my life.

I suppose you could argue then that I'm just stupid, and I won't really argue with you on that, being my intelligence is basically undefinable on a public forum.
On 4chan, an unstoppable cute is a troll by being a counter-troll. Look at Boxxy. She represents child-like innocence that every insecure gore poster despises. Ponies are the same thing. To be honest, I really like the meme. The cuteness is hilarious. However, whether the show is good or not, knowing that adults are watching My Little Pony because of a meme is extremely funny.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Bocaj2000 said:
However, whether the show is good or not, knowing that adults are watching My Little Pony because of a meme is extremely funny.
I'm somewhat certain that it's the other way around there, chap.
Although... no, perhaps it could be both. Chicken and the egg.

Sandytimeman

Brain Freeze...yay!
Jan 14, 2011
Smertnik said:
Well, I watched the first episode (as long as I could) and it seems alright for a kids cartoon, judging by today's standards, that is. I wouldn't mind my kids watching the show (if I had any).

Did I like it? No, the humor is predictable and childish (what a surprise) and I despise this kind of animation. But then I obviously don't belong to the target audience.
Ironically, the best place to start people on MLP is not episode one or two which. I know I saw a guide to the best episodes to introduce people to the series was..Episode 3 though is a pretty solid one.

Condor219

Sep 14, 2010
Sandytimeman said:
Smertnik said:
Well, I watched the first episode (as long as I could) and it seems alright for a kids cartoon, judging by today's standards, that is. I wouldn't mind my kids watching the show (if I had any).

Did I like it? No, the humor is predictable and childish (what a surprise) and I despise this kind of animation. But then I obviously don't belong to the target audience.
Ironically, the best place to start people on MLP is not episode one or two which. I know I saw a guide to the best episodes to introduce people to the series was..Episode 3 though is a pretty solid one.
I found that ep.15 was a good place to start; pretty good representation of what the show's all about. But DEFINATELY not episode 1, unless they have an iron will or already know about MLP to some extent. I showed it to a friend who would have otherwise liked MLP but the first impression really got them off on the wrong note and they didn't even make it past the opening theme.

Death Prophet

Mar 23, 2011
You know what color the best pony is? Pale.
And behold a pale horse, and he that sat upon him, his name was Death, and hell followed him. And power was given to him over the four parts of the earth, to kill with sword, with famine, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
Now thats a cool pony.

Nihilism_Is_Bliss

Oct 27, 2009
Zergadooful said:
I just watched the first episode and it is awesome. Thankfully, my avatar isn't a pony yet...
Heh, heh. Well obviously didn't take long.
Welcome to the herd.

and +100 for Fluttershy.

crazy_egyptian

Dec 2, 2010
Legion said:
What I'd like to know, is how many of the people swept up in this craze would openly admit it to family/friends/partners were they directly asked?

If they said "There is this following of the new My Little Pony show, are you a part of it?" How many would outright, and unashamedly say "Yes, I am?"

I don't think many would, although I could be wrong.
I have, and got met with some serious "What. The. FUCK!" In spite of this, however, I am still a fan and am quite happy to cop the crap I get from

Mainly because I legitimately like the show. Just sayin'.

espressojet

Feb 22, 2011
Saelune said:
Its a meme. Honestly, I think most people actually dont watch/like the show and just want to follow everyone else.
Internet people love their memes...
not really true.. why waste hours of your life just to follow a meme?

crazy_egyptian

Dec 2, 2010
Space Jawa said:
In response to this thread, I have ponytized my avatar. HYAH!

Besides, it's not just an internet craze. It's making its way out into the real world as well.
Your avatar... IT'S INCREDIBLE!!!!!

That's it, I'm getting rid of my avatar for something more ponytacular

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
John Funk said:
Mazty said:
daleious said:
Mazty said:

That's all.
Aaaaaand saved. That picture will end so many arguments about MLP in my favour :)
Take the fight to the haters, and beat them to death with the creator!

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Legion said:
What I'd like to know, is how many of the people swept up in this craze would openly admit it to family/friends/partners were they directly asked?

If they said "There is this following of the new My Little Pony show, are you a part of it?" How many would outright, and unashamedly say "Yes, I am?"

I don't think many would, although I could be wrong.
If asked, I would say yes.

I'm not afraid of what I like. Being a geek is fun, I'd rather be that than some moron who wears his trousers round his butt and has a baseball cap on backwards, bobbing his head in time to his stupid music and hydraulics in his car xD

Or just someone who is being someone there are not. Either or.