Poll: What's Your Favorite PlayStation 2 Game of All Time?

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
Poll: What's Your Favorite PlayStation 2 Game of All Time?

The PS2 era is officially over, but these titles will live on forever.

As we reported yesterday, Sony has ceased worldwide production of the PlayStation 2, officially ending the console's 12-year lifespan. But while this may be a sad event for gamers, the millions of PS2s in homes around the world will continue to bring enjoyment to their owners for many years to come. With that in mind, it seems appropriate to take a look back at the most popular PS2 games and let you all weigh in on which ones were the very best.

As you might imagine, we couldn't possibly include every PS2 game in the list -- in fact, it's not even close. However, we've gathered what we believe to be the cream of the crop. If your all-time favorite title doesn't appear as an option, feel free to make your choice known in the comments section.

[poll=36216]

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Could have put a bit more effort into that list. No Persona 4? No Tales games? Ah well, voted for Katamari but of the list Jak II would have been my next choice.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Well you didn't have an option for The Godfather so it was a toss up between San Andreas and Burnout 3.

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
VanQQisH said:
Could have put a bit more effort into that list. No Persona 4? No Tales games? Ah well, voted for Katamari but of the list Jak II would have been my next choice.
Yeah, I'd put Persona 3, Xenosaga 3, or Ar Tonelico 2.. none of which are represented by that list.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
VanQQisH said:
Yeah the list should include waaaaaaaaaaaay more. I voted Resi 4 but I feel that Metal Gear Solid 3 is missing :\ and the most fun I had was shamefully Sonic Heroes

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
I'm still...in a dream

[HEADING=1]SNAKE EATER![/HEADING]

Some worthy choices there, but I couldn't choose anything other than Metal Gear Solid 3 as soon as I saw it.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Since Time Splitters 2 wasn't on there I had to choose Kingdom Hearts II.

However it's a really fucking hard choice since the PS2 holds so many of my favorite games on such an equal level, I can't possibly just choose one.

Alcaste

Mar 2, 2011
Was a tough decision between Kingdom Hearts, Okami, and Vice City. Vice City won out for having the most fun held within that I've had in a long time with my friends. Only Just Cause 2 has come close to the amount of hilarity we got into.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Time to be in the minority! I voted for Final Fantasy XII, although I play the International Edition, but it is still my favorite Final Fantasy game ever. Although it was tough for me to choose as I've been playing through Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and that game has been fun. Also, stinks since most of my PS2 games are imports so they aren't necessarily represented on the list. :/

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Where is Persona 4!? Whaaaaaaaaaa---?!

Escapist, I am disappoint.

prinnyzeta

Nov 21, 2008
I would of like to see Disgaea 1 and 2 on the list. I voted for Kingdom Hearts 2 though.

redknightalex

Elusive Paragon
Aug 31, 2012
Off the top of my head it was immediately Final Fantasy X. Played that game through so many times, even worked on a complete sphere grid challenge for a while, and just had a wonderful experience with that game. Even played it last year when I gave up waiting for a PS3 HD remastered version. FFXII and God of War were also in my top games for PS2 but I went with my gut.

Such a grand system, RIP PS2.

DVS BSTrD said:
Battlefront wasn't an exclusive, so I went with Bully.
Neither was Resident Evil 4 (GameCube first) but it's included anyway.

Bolt-206

Dec 6, 2010
Mr Cwtchy said:
Star Wars Battlefront II.

So much fun was had.
So much this.

Personally though, I've got way too many favourites just to put down one (so many memories...)
I mean, let's see; we got Armored Core 2 & 3
Starwars Battlefront 1 & 2
Sonic Riders + Zero Gravity (I liked them, ok?)
Metal Slug 3
Devil May Cry 3
Midnight Club 1 & 2
And then Gauntlet: Dark Legacy

They might not be the best games, but when I look back at them atop my shelves, I think "Good times... gooood times...".

TehKnifeh

Custard Connoisseur
Dec 26, 2008
Final Fantasy X (International with dark aeons) by a long shot. Although Disgaea would have been my first choice. Sooo many hours pumped into that game.

Although I did love me some Blitzball..

..I know I am weird