Poll: What's Your Favorite PlayStation 2 Game of All Time?

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
I'm gonna have to say San Andreas it's tough but that's just a great game I really enjoyed it and I wish that Rockstar would release Grand Theft Auto HD Collection with some online multilayer now that would just be pure awesome.

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
Resident Evil: Outbreak File 2

That game had better co-op than the newer RE games, because the goal was to get not die rather than kill everything in sight. You could also aim and move at the same time.

It would be so great if it were ported to a current console.

Rascarin

Feb 8, 2009
Of those listed, Soul Calibur 3. But, I only owned about five titles on the whole thing. My favourite would have been Primal, but Okami bears special mention.

The_Scrivener

Nov 4, 2012
Harker067 said:
Persona 3 FES with runner up Odin sphere. Neither are on the list.
Persona 3 is my 2nd favorite PS2 game so its omission is definitely unwarranted. Based on P4's coming of age, although I think it's a lesser game, it should've been included also.

dementis

Aug 28, 2009
I can't vote because Persona 4 isn't on the list. Still playing that game today, more engaging than anything I've played today.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
I picked ICO, because it was either that or Shadow of the Colossus, and the latter is already winning the poll so...

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Think I might be one of the few, but really I was rather disappointed with the PS2. Perhaps it came from having one of the original release PS2s and having to wait well over a year before there really being anything that interested me to play on it. As I recall the first 2 plus years of owning it It got used more as a DVD player than a game console. That was the front end of its cycle. After I started seeing games released, yeah Xenosaga, FFX, FFXII, SSX, Silent hill 2%3 (though I voted for 4 despite playing it on xbox) Gran turismo, Manhunt, few others here and there. Toward the end of its cycle, I ended up gravitating to xbox, then to 360 with much greater degree of enjoyment.

So personally the PS2 was nothing gaming wise compared to what the PS1 was. Honestly With a few exceptions I practically jumped from PS1 to Xbox (or perhaps was just distracted by MMOs during that period) So I never really got the undying adoration for the PS2. It was a solid system yes, but far from impressive.

tokae

Mar 21, 2011
Really? A "Best of PS2"-list with no Persona-games and no Fatal Frame, but instead with Bully, SH 4: The Room and Gran Turismo 4?

Ah well, Kingdom Hearts II it is then!!

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
I genuinely feel bad for all those people who said Final Fantasy X was the best PS2 game. I can only assume they've never played Shadow Of The Colossus or Okami, since both of those games are just immeasurably better.

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
TehKnifeh said:
Final Fantasy X (International with dark aeons) by a long shot. Although Disgaea would have been my first choice. Sooo many hours pumped into that game.

Although I did love me some Blitzball..

..I know I am weird
not unless we're both freaks, I voted Kingdom Hearts, but it was an extremely tough call between that and FFX, I must've played through that game at least 8 times since it came out, and I'm still looking forward to the re-release (assuming it happens)

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
Toss up between MGS 3, San Andreas and Jak 3.

Went with Jak 3 because its the one I played most recently.
There were far too many games to consider, it was nice to have a relatively short list to pick from...

CellShaded

Aug 8, 2009
DMC 3, I suppose. Though I spent most time playing Star Wars Battlefront 2. Absolutely adore that game.

Malfy

Jul 16, 2010
Out of the choices presented:

3. Snake Eater
2. Guitar Hero II
1. Grand Theft Auto 3

Personally, my fav has to be Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
I can't say any of the listed games were a favorite on PS2. Mine was PTO IV.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
So...many...good...games...

I voted Okami (because not only it's my favourite game on the PS2, it's my favourite GAME), but so many of my favs were either on the PS2 or had games in he series on the PS2. Ratchet and Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal, Jak 2, Shadow of the Colossus, Ico, Sly 2, Kingdom Hearts 2, Klonoa 2, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Psychonauts, god damn!

RADIALTHRONE1

Feb 6, 2011
I had to sit there and stare at the small space between Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II for about five minutes before i made my decision. KHII was slightly better.

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
gotta be ratchet and clank, if only for nostalgia. that game was so amazingly ahead of it's time.