Poll: What's Your Favorite PlayStation 2 Game of All Time?

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
No Grandia II? Awwww... I can understand its absence though. Grandia II didn't seem like a very well known game even back when it first came out. It was one of the last good JRPGs before the genre started to take a nosedive. Aside from Persona, JRPGs have gotten really... blah.

With that said, I'm actually surprised by the lack of Persona. I didn't play either game on the actual PS2, so I wasn't going to choose them. The absence is still odd considering the series' popularity.

Guess I'll go with Devil May Cry off the list then.

Now that I think of it, I didn't play half of the games on that list when they were new. I didn't even play Okami until the HD release this year.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Neronium said:
Time to be in the minority! I voted for Final Fantasy XII, although I play the International Edition, but it is still my favorite Final Fantasy game ever. Although it was tough for me to choose as I've been playing through Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and that game has been fun. Also, stinks since most of my PS2 games are imports so they aren't necessarily represented on the list. :/
I do not wish to insult you opinion but can I ask why? The only FF I hated more than XII was XIII. I liked X-2 more than XII.

I could understand if it was because of the gameplay as it was fun but I always judge a FF on the story and XII was just Return of the Jedi without lightsabers.

OT: I picked FF X. The last great Final Fantasy.

Lodgicalwill

Nov 12, 2009
It was a tough choice for me between FFX, KH2 and MGS3. KH2 won however. I only came to recently appreciate the MGS series over the last year, so despite how incredible an experience MGS3 was, to me it was inferior to the other 2 (I can completely understand if anyone disagrees with me). FFX only lost out, because it was only within the last 6 months that I felt the urge to purchase a copy for myself (which I did), after having completed it 4 times over, using an emulator or friend's copy. KH2 gets the prize however, since due to the strange, yet wonderful, and extremely successful combination of two favorite franchises, along with a great story, it seems to be a game, and also, game franchise I continuously return to (KH was not up in the top 3 as KH2 was superior for me)

RIP PS2. Here's hoping PS "Orbis" isn't a joke

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
That was harder than it should have been because there were so many awesome games for the PS2.

I had to go with Silent Hill 3 since I love that game so much, and I played it a lot when it first came out. The character was great and the music and atmosphere were brilliant, and that one moment before Heather goes to Silent Hill damn near made me cry.

Jedi-Hunter4

Mar 20, 2012
Few things, first who in their right mind thinks San Andreas was a better game than vice city? more features but Vice City is just on another level.

An who put that list together? 3 ratchet and clank games and 3 sly games which I actually had to google to find out what they were yet no

Star Wars Battle Front's
Battlefield
Football, NFL, NHL, basketball or any ball themed sport (which is disgraceful as this was the era of Pro Evo Soccer greatness when they were actually making innovations.
or LOTR return of the king, quite possibly the best movie tie in game ever made Two towers was pretty good as well but made obsolete as if I remember right the big battles from it are also in ROTK

Edit: also forgot morrowind and Star Wars Knights of the old republic! amazing games that showed you could have imersive RPG's on consoles as well as pc

Caffeine_Bombed

Feb 13, 2012
OtherSideofSky said:
That's a pretty limited list. No Persona? No Shadow Hearts? No Z.O.E. 2?

Actually, where's Devil May Cry? How did you make a best-of PS2 list and not include even one DMC game?
Uhh Devil May Cry is right there dude. Twentyyyyyy...sixth down.

The game I would pick is already on there but I agree with most of these comments, it's a pretty poor list considering a lot of them are sequels or prequels. At least use the series or the more popular one to make room for other outstanding games (Shadow Hearts, for example, does have a large cult following).

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Gizmo1990 said:
Neronium said:
I do not wish to insult you opinion but can I ask why? The only FF I hated more than XII was XIII. I liked X-2 more than XII.

I could understand if it was because of the gameplay as it was fun but I always judge a FF on the story and XII was just Return of the Jedi without lightsabers.

OT: I picked FF X. The last great Final Fantasy.
Not Neronium, but a lover of Final Fantasy 12. I admit the main characters were forgettable, but I very much enjoyed the chemistry between Balthier and Fran and the story surrounding those characters. If they had been the main characters, it would have been a better game. It's a political story rather than a love story and takes a lot of the charm from Final Fantasy Tactics. The world is also very well designed and open (following X, that was a breath of fresh air).

This review sings it's praises quite well.
http://rpgfan.com/reviews/finalfantasy12/index.html

OT: I'm lost between Okami, Shadow of the Colossus and Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (my first game on the PS2)

kyogen

Feb 22, 2011
So many good games. I chose ICO, but I could have easily chosen Okami, SotC, or even Final Fantasy XII as well. MGS3 was triumph, as was God of War. And there were all the quirky outliers like Tenchu and Drakengard. Yeah, a great game system indeed. I wish even more of its games were at least digitally available.

Gothproxy

Mar 20, 2009
No Persona games? No Shin Megami Tensei (Nocturne, DDS)? No Tales? No Xenosaga?

I call SHENANIGANS!!!

Caffeine_Bombed

Feb 13, 2012
Kingdom Hearts (the first).

It would take too long to explain why that will go down as my favorite PS2 game and one of my favorite games in general.

I will never forget seeing that trailer and hearing that music for the first time.

Please make number 3 already. Thank you.

volcanblade

Jan 11, 2010
No Ar Tonelico 1 or 2, no Radiata Stories, and no Persona. This makes me very sad.

OT: I put Okami because it was absolutely stunning.

Apr 28, 2008
There's no God Hand or Timesplitters.

Very disappoint.

Though it's still a good list. Ended up going with Metal Gear Solid 3.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
As long as that list is im still dissapointed that there isnt more on it.

Voted for Okami, being dissapointed that God Hand or certain Shin Megami Tensei titles were not included.

coibmiller

Mar 18, 2011
While the story line remains unfinished and hanging I am disappointed not to see Legacy of Kain or Soul Reaver 2 on the list of options. Solid games in my opinion.

elilupe

Jun 1, 2009
Holy crap, I will never be able to choose between these games...I mean, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Kingdom Hearts 2, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Goddamn 3? How am I supposed to choose just one...?

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
I chose Silent Hill 3. It was my first entry into the Silent Hill series, after which I immediately went back and played 1 and 2. The graphics were eerily realistic and the controls, while sluggish, made sense in that not everyone can be a Tomb Raider or a Raziel.

Outside of this list, my fav would be .hack//, with Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner a close second.