Poll: What's your Operating System?

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
luke10123 said:
Just bought a new gaming PC which came with XP. runs beautifully, was just wondering if anyone else is still lingering around this pre-user account control paradise? anyone think there's any point in upgrading to Win 7 anytime soon?
You know it takes all of 10 seconds to turn off User Account Control, right? Oh well, enjoy your outdated and soon to be unsupported operating system. I'll be over here enjoying the awesomeness of 64 bit Windows 7 with UAC turned off.

Josh Horton

Apr 6, 2011
I unfortunately have Vista (64), but once I get the money, I'm upgrading my processor and OS

Anti Nudist Cupcake

Mar 23, 2010
DasDestroyer said:
Anti Nudist Cupcake said:
Windows 7 is much nicer. Why do you think it absolutely dominates the results in the poll?
It dominates because it is getting more and more difficult to run games on any Windows other than Vista or 7, and let's face it, nobody uses Vista.
But the interface it inherited from Vista is total shit. XP was way better.
In what way? With the amazing ease at which you can multitask with XP? /sarcasm.

Windows 7 has a much faster search tool, networking, media center, windows aoro,better designed control panel ,action center, better task bar,better device management, better file management, better system recovery,etc.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
In what way? With the amazing ease at which you can multitask with XP? /sarcasm.

Windows 7 has a much faster search tool, networking, media center, windows aoro,better designed control panel ,action center, better task bar,better device management, better file management, better system recovery,etc.

OT: I use Windows 7 because of Aero and some other things.

Takuanuva

Jun 12, 2011
Usually, Windows Vista 32 bit...
...but right now, I'm stuck on a computer that runs on Windows 98. Barely.
'ptscur glassed'
No idea where is it located, but it seems that the Covenant didn't liked ptscur too much...

Anti Nudist Cupcake

Mar 23, 2010
AndyFromMonday said:

It is more secure than xp was, but hackers have adapted accordingly so we haven't really accomplished anything.
Less prone to viruses though? Heh...lol...

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
DasDestroyer said:
Windows 7 is much nicer. Why do you think it absolutely dominates the results in the poll?
It dominates because it is getting more and more difficult to run games on any Windows other than Vista or 7, and let's face it, nobody uses Vista.
But the interface it inherited from Vista is total shit. XP was way better.

Once again, not talking about speed, as Win7 obviously wins. The icons on the task bar take up a fuckton of space even when made smaller, so I can keep less windows open while actually being able to see what I have, I can't remove Skype from my taskbar without fully closing it, (this only happens in Win7), the control panel is utter crap, to access most of the functions in it I need to take extra steps to access All Control Panel Items, device management is virtually the same, file browsing is the same, but now I need to click in a certain area to type in an address, it's still better to use a separate program for system recovery, the sound management is fucked up, as I've never had problems switching channels from TV to Headphone on XP, but here I need to go into the Audio manager every time to disable one device and enable the other, etc.
The only thing that Win7 is better at in terms of interface is eye candy, Windows Aero, dynamic wallpaper etc.

Sajuuk_Khar

Mar 16, 2011
I'm currently using Windows 7 32-bit on my laptop. I would have it dual booted with Fedora or Ubuntu, but alas AMD hasn't created/released drivers for my graphics card, and my programming skills aren't quite up to making my own yet. My PIII computer will probably get Xubuntu installed on it soon though, for use as a file/web server.