Poll: What's your opinion on summer?

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
I have a seething, volcanic hatred for summer. I hate the heat, humidity, bugs, blazing sunshine (it gives me headaches), and perhaps most of all, I hate that everyone around me seems to think summer is awesome. I do as little as possible. I prefer to bask in the flow of the AC unit and wait for fall. Now there's a season!

Also, my job is much worse in the summer.

Smiley Face

Jan 17, 2012
Summers can go either way - when they get too hot, they're absolutely miserable - but I usually adjust to the average temperature, and I enjoy myself - I certainly don't mind the additional sunlight.

Springs are terrible. Either it's an extended winter, and you're sick of it, or it's gearing up for summer, getting hotter and hotter, you never quite adjust. Plus hay fever - sneezing and clogged sinuses all the time.

Winter is good - I can handle really cold temperatures, so I find winter quite bracing. I do get sick of it after a while, but I enjoy it more often than not.

Fall is perhaps my favourite - not too hot, not too cold, things still have their leaves, but nothing's blooming - all good.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I'm okay with it so long as it doesn't get too hot and the bugs aren't too bad that day.(in other words only like three days out of each month)

Syphous

Apr 6, 2009
Love summer. Living in Maine you come to really appreciate any and all heat waves. Because the winter is coming.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Colour-Scientist said:
I'm Irish.

What's a Summer?

Oh, that one week we had in June? Yeah, that was great.

Edit: Appreciate the sun, ingrates!
As an Australian, I say screw that! The sun is my enemy. Summer is a long, searing, terrible half of the year, temperatures staying in the forties sometimes for weeks, and in the middle three months rarely dropping below the mid thirties even at night. I loathe summer with a passion.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
As someone who had to endure winter until APRIL I have to say this summer has been great!!

This weekend has been the first time I've been out and about with the family for the Canada Day long weekend. The lake, the canoe, the kayaking, the hotdog roasting, the swearing at tents during the set up. It is in my very blood.

Multiply by 3 billion.

frizzlebyte

Oct 20, 2008
Colour-Scientist said:
I'm Irish.

What's a Summer?

Oh, I appreciate the sun, but I can get that year round where I live.

It's the damn 38-degree Celsius average temps, and summer wind that feels like a blast furnace that I don't appreciate, and the reason I hate summer.

If I lived in Hawaii, I'd love summer.

EDIT:

infohippie said:
Colour-Scientist said:
I'm Irish.

What's a Summer?

As an Australian, I say screw that! The sun is my enemy. Summer is a long, searing, terrible half of the year, temperatures staying in the forties sometimes for weeks, and in the middle three months rarely dropping below the mid thirties even at night. I loathe summer with a passion.
This guy knows what I'm talking about, and we live half a world away from each other.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
I'm happy as long as it's kept to brief periods of time. I need to replenish a bit of Vitamin D but otherwise it can sod off, my computer complains in summer. I feel sorry for it.

There there baby, it's gonna be alright, you can make it through another summer.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
infohippie said:
Colour-Scientist said:
I'm Irish.

What's a Summer?

I say the ACB bans summer!

As an Australian I agree.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
I'm okay with it, but it's getting a little less tolerable now that I no longer have summer breaks. On the other hand I USED to think I'd be okay with severe cold, being from Southern California (inland, not near the coast) where it's like 80-90 on average, 100 on a bad day, but spent winter on the East Coast for the first time a couple years ago and my god, I just can't deal with that kind of cold. Even if it's unbearable at least you feel like you can survive outside in intense heat. With cold, it's actually painful to be outside without the proper dress.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
I hate it, although I winter too. Too fucking hot and too fucking cold (and Canada, for reference).

But, if nothing else, summer does have the occasional days where it's nicely cool with a warm breeze, or not too warm with a not too cool breeze, usually on overcast days where no direct sunlight involved. On those occasional days, (the right time of night is also often similar), where the perfect blend of heat and cold is met, I rather like it. Winter on the other hand, always sucks.

ShiningAmber

Mar 18, 2013
I've lived all over the world and I have hated Summer in every single one.

I hate the heat. I hate sunlight (I'm actually allergic to it. I will sneeze in rapid succession :p) and living in the South, oh my god it gets so hot and humid and it's like that for over half the year.

Give me Late Autumn and a freezing Winter. I love the Holidays from Halloween to New Years. I love the cold and the festive feel. Something about it, maaan.

AlbertoDeSanta

Sep 19, 2012
Loathe Summer. Australian Summers are way hotter then what you American's are used to. I'm beginning to loathe Winter as well. Too freaking cold.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
I don't really like it. I hate the heat, although luckily living in England I don't see too much of the sun. HERMITS UNITE!

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
I live in Texas. Where we have 9 months of summer each year. By August it'll be triple digits late into the evening and it sucks. It sucks like a triple cu... err, well you know the gag.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I hate Southern California Summer so much, I simply cannot sleep well unless the A/C is blasting it's glorious frigid fury. I love cold weather so much, I think California weather would be better if we got more rain, or at least another month of Winter/Autumn.

ShiningAmber said:
Give me Late Autumn and a freezing Winter. I love the Holidays from Halloween to New Years. I love the cold and the festive feel. Something about it, maaan.
I agree, the Autumn and Winter months have so much more to offer, I really miss that time of year so much right now.

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
Summer would be awesome, as I love the long days, but where I live it gets way too hot. Today was over 100, same for the last couple days. I hate that. Luckily we have solar where I live so we blast AC all day.