Poll: What's your perferred alignment?

xOriigins

Oct 3, 2011
I find it hard to stay neutral for an extended period of time. There's always that one NPC that decides to piss you off...

Grottnikk

Mar 19, 2008
In a CRPG I usually play an extroverted philanthropic kleptomaniac. I'll talk to everyone I see, do any good quests they have, then rummage through their chest-of-drawers for anything nifty.

In a P&P RPG, I'll usually be Neutral Good. I'll do the right thing, but sometimes that means being a sneaky bugger and doing things the Paladin might not approve of. Meh :)

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
I tend to play good-aligned characters out of habit. Evil characters just... tend to be too extreme for me. Sometimes I just can't handle the kinds of acts that evil characters commit. I've been playing a Renegade Shepard for the first time and, even if she's not really "evil", some of her actions have been hard to take.

PonceyMcTosserFaic

Jul 30, 2011
Mcoffey said:
Chaotic good. Lawful good is just too restrictive. It basically means you'd still have to hold up and enforce the laws of an unjust society, simply because those are the laws. Nah, when in a game where you have the power to change things, why wouldn't you?

it seems we are two of a kind. i hate following stupid or unjust laws AND since no one else has super armor and a BFG i guess i win.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
I'll use D&D as an example for the sake of simplicity. I prefer chaotic good. My characters always turn out to be white knight-type guys that will stand up for anyone, but also if the law steps on my toes while I'm doing so, I will slit a few throats. Kind of like Ezio. Except without the accent and possibly several STDs.

Hitokiri_Gensai

Jul 17, 2010
it sort of depends on the game i suppose.

In True Crime which is a GTA clone, you play a cop, so generally, i drive around running down civilians and blowing up cars. total win!

but for the most part i play well to get the good endings

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
Neutral good

I think this page best explains why

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NeutralGood

Eomega123

Jan 4, 2011
Chaotic neutral, though in most games that pushes me into the good side, as I base my actions on reward and the paragon route always yields great benefits.

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
Chaotic Neutral, I'm in it for me, nobody else, maybe I'll blow some stuff up along the way (Megaton), maybe I'll help people (For the right price). That's me (Er, my characters) in a nutshell.

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Pure good/pure evil characters tend to be more two dimensional than mixed characters. Most people have a dash of both, so the most interesting characters incorporated both.

UrieHusky

Sep 16, 2011
Chaotic good. It's how I am in real life usually, so I tend to emulate that in role playing games.
hiks89 said:
teh fuck is chaotic good/evil????
It's an extremely nerdy spectrum of personality
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alignment_(role-playing_games)

ServebotFrank

Jul 1, 2010
I do anything that I might morally do in that situation. In Fallout 3 I only really looked out for myself which gave me an evil karma but I wasn't going for it. In New Vegas I was mostly good even I though I stole everything I saw.

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
Hrm..depends. Lawful good/LN Brian Blessed style Paladins are at the top...the call of NE is however a harsh mistress and i am honour bound to do her duty. I do love NE chars. Shame i end up being the Token Evil Teammate because of people being pussies.