Poll: Where is humanity going with this?

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
The Earth will be destroyed by a coordinated implosion of fanboys when the inevitable Halo 4 comes into existence.

Zombie Turtle

Aug 28, 2008
Flying Dagger said:
i love how people shout
USE THE FUXIGN SERCH BTN OMG WTH IS WRONG WITH U
yet if you use it
OMFG NECROPOST WHY TEH HELL YOU GO DO THAT YOU DICK
don't bother to quote me and tell me i'm wrong, or that that doesn't happen here because i honestly don't care.

anyhow back on topic, this thread would be so much better if you hadn't made the stupid reference to 2012, and just left an open-ended "where are we going with this?" question.

Zombie Turtle said:
No it won't

And do what Steven Hawkins did..
Make a bet that the world wouldn't end

You can't really lose :p
do you know how betting works?
you give the money to them, then if you win they pay you back your original money and your winnings.
so you would lose.
(supposing you are using proper betting shops... if it is a bet with a friend it is unlikely he'll pay out anyway)
I don't know if you get what i'm saying. Steven Hawkins placed a large bet with another colleague at his university that the world wouldn't end in the year 2000

If the world did end, well what has he lost? But if it continued, which it did, he doubled his money. So no, you can't lose

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
Do you mean the end of civilization, or the end of the human race? Because there are plenty of things that could easily break down civilization, but I believe the human race is fairly durable and good at adapting. There would atleast be some people that would find a way to survive most things, save an asteroid/meteor (I forget the difference) smashing into the planet. Oh, and the sun dying and swallowing up Earth. But if we've survived by then undoubtedly we'll have found a way to migrate to another planet or atleast kill the sun.

xxcloud417xx

Oct 22, 2008
Unfortunately for the planet only the French will survive the apocalypse... Bad Cheese will bring about the end!

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
In 2012 bad cheese all over the world will release a stink so bad that we will all die of asphyiation

The_Angry_Haruhist

Apr 16, 2009
I' m tired of hearing all this 2012 bullshit. The Mayans never even left evidence to suggest that 2012 was "the end." It just marks a great event or change. 2012 is the new Y2K, in that people will start pissing themselves over it in fear until it passes and they all say "that was it?"

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Where's the option for
'being wiped out by a much more highly evolved alien lifeform that finds it's way on earth and spreads and takes over (Alien as in the movie Alien)'

Fronken

May 10, 2008
Squid1316 said:
Umm, 1012 is the expected eruption of the volcano under Yellowstone...
If you don't know what this will do: http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/supervolcano/under/under.html
I am not one of the "we're all gonna die" people, but still...
You do realise that Humanity is something that exists outside of north america....right?

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
slevin8989 said:
Why not zombies?
the ninja revolution will thwart the zombies and lead to the destruction of all those unfaithful the way of the shadow.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Lukeje said:
Solar flares will send EMP's that will take out everything dependent on electricity. We will then end up eating each other.
I just read about that. Its not an EMP as such, just a massive surge in energy. I dont see why we cant just earth and disconnect everything then wire it all back up once its past.
and its suppose to happen in 2012.... wtf is it about that year?

TopHatTim

Nov 8, 2008
Lukeje said:
Solar flares will send EMP's that will take out everything dependent on electricity. We will then end up eating each other.
ok...then we start everything back up again...Electro Magnetic Pulses render things unusable for amounts of time...it would be a week or so before we got some plants up and running...

but you have the point of just like what happened in new york in the 70s a powerplant was bombed and the city went on a loot and crime spree...thousands of electonics were stolen and (like it was something like 1176 radios stolen and like 2938 tv's) and just general things.
soo maybe before we get power back we have some awesome destruction goin on...

and if a solar flare got that close it would probably burn the surface of the earth a bit starting mass forest fires and all sorts of solar radiation.