Poll: Which enemy/enemy type in Skyrim do you hate the most?

Grimfolse

Feb 28, 2011
For me, it's like this:

#1 Frostbite Spiders: I'm a major arachnophobe, so I can't even fight the giant ones while looking directly at them. I have to squint. Ugh.

#2 Dwarven Constructs: these guys don't seem to take much damage from bows (my main damage source), so they're a pain to deal with. The Spheres are especially bad, bursting from those vents in the wall and ganging up on me.

#3 Draugr: The big ones have lots of health and can shout at you. Boss fights with them turn into Benny Hill routines more often than not (only with more screaming and chugging health potions).

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
Bears. Not so much for difficulty, but the fact they are so so annoying, i cant go anywhere without at least a few bears attacking me. and we are led to believe that the only attack when provoked. Pffft.

Also, wolves. Another pest.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
Well, from this list the first one I can easily mark off are Giants. I never have much problem with them since I leave them alone unless they attack me (for whatever reason) or a quest requires me to kill one. Since these encounters are both few and far between, I don't have much to do with them. In fact, I think they're pretty cool, I only wish I could communicate with them someway.

Frostbite Spiders are another that doesn't bother me. They're pretty easy to deal with and I like the atmosphere of going through a cave that has spider webs and cocooned prey everywhere. They also look well done, though it'd be kinda cool if they would flip over to their backs and twist their legs when they die.

Out of the others in this list, the most annoying would be Dragons, for obvious reasons. But when one shows up, I usually go and hide in a nearby cave for awhile, 'til it pisses off so I'll pick another.

'General humanoids' - fucking mages. Magic is like my worst enemy in this game, since I currently have no magic resistance equipment. So all kinds of Forsworn mages, Necromancers and Conjurers I hate more than anything else. Bastards they are.

Skeevers too, since they're so small, you never see them in the grass or whatever, and they scare the living shit out of me when they attack me from behind or whatever. Damn.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Draugr for me. I find it hard to believe there are THAT many restless/cursed Nords to be skulking about in every frickin' ruin I come across. This "Sovengarde" place must be a frickin' ghost town... no pun intended. Seriously, they're all still here, laying around in their little crypt cubbies. I know you're alive, fakers; I don't get a prompt to "search" you and your texture is all "shiny."

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
Mages suck, especially if they are a "boss" type. So do the high-level Draugr. Not really dangerous, just incredibly tedious with their huge amounts of health and annoying shouts.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
I... Hhhhhaaaaaate... Spiders... Why did there have to be spiders? And why did they have to weave webs?! I can't stand webs! It's what my nightmares are weaved of! And those ceiling webholes... Those... Ceiling... Webholes! And I had just gotten over my spiderphobia in World of Warcraft, too.

And although I adore them at the same time, fighting a Troll isn't a very fun affair... It's a shame we didn't see a comeback of sorts for the "Deathclaw-b-Gone" dartgun from Fallout 3.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
Ice wraiths suck ass. but Spiders terrify me.

But on encounters i just straight avoid, Definitely the Ancient Dragons, I get instantly rapified against them.

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
Bears are tougher than most humans. I suppose you can catagorize them with wolves and sabercats under "beasts".

Ice wraiths are also hard and hard to see, but I can't hate them because they drop nice stuff.

vidirg

Sep 23, 2009
Ice wraiths are the worst you can barely see them and they do freaking ice damage that makes you slow, they fly everywhere and are a pain in the a** to hit. I also hate Falmers there just annoying enemies.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
kman123 said:
I fucking hate the spiders. Also the Charaus are weird...

Giants are the worst though. They knock me out in one hit.
The Highest Level Charaus bugs are a nightmare.

I can run naked through a dungeon of Draugr death lords without issue.

Fully armored with the eyes of god powering my holy ballista of doom and those darn things still chomp me in half. So much stronger than anything else in their level range :p.

FurinKazanNZ

Dec 30, 2009
From the list, those exploding dwarven spiders piss me off a tonne. But I really HATE the Falmer and Chaurus, what with their bloody poisons and clickety noises. Also, Hagraven's and other teleporting bosses, so annoying.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Wolves and bears.

Wolves are only less annoying because they die quick but bears? Just yell and take a bit longer to kill.

They both have the habit of either:
Giving me diseases
Spawning in front of me while I am sprinting

But I do hate falmer as well. Just blank stares and doing nothing but be weird looking. Also poisons.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Any enemy that uses magic, because I am an archer an their spells that fill up the ENTIRE GOD DAMNED SCREEN make it pretty hard to aim.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Haven't played too much of Skyrim, but so far I hate those damned vampires that like the drain health spell. Basically had to abuse stupid AI to kill this one vamp lord.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Not very fond of the giants. My first encounter went something like this:

Beowulf (my character. Creative, eh?): Ho hum, boring day, think I'll...Holy Talos, dragon!
*big fight erupts*
Beowulf: Whew. That wasn't so hard. Oh, what's that over there? A giant? That should be easy after a dragon.
*gets one kit killed by giant*
Hank (me): What. The. FUCK!