Poll: Which Harry Potter death affected you most? [SPOILERS FOR ALL 7 BOOKS/MOVIES]

llew

Sep 9, 2009
Sarcastic_Applause said:
MASSIVE SPOILER! if you havent seen the finale, dont read this (primarily because i don't know how to put this in spoilers :( )

Snape... it the start i was pretty much 'you reap what you sow *****...

Then Harry delves into his mind... MY. GOD... at that point it weighed down on me like a lead blanket, Snape was plain incredible, and it made me so upset that he had to play out this persona of a Bad guy and never let harry know just how much he and his mother meant to him.

That poor guy :(
Harry didnt mean jack shit to Snape, it was all Lilly, in the book when he is asked to protect Harry he is sceptical but then Dumbledore points out he will be doing it for Lilly he agrees to it. OT: Fred, he was always light-hearted and funny and whatnot, but then BOOM he is dead in the middle of a joke, it caught me by suprise

LightspeedJack

May 2, 2010
llew said:
Sarcastic_Applause said:
MASSIVE SPOILER! if you havent seen the finale, dont read this (primarily because i don't know how to put this in spoilers :( )

Snape... it the start i was pretty much 'you reap what you sow *****...

Then Harry delves into his mind... MY. GOD... at that point it weighed down on me like a lead blanket, Snape was plain incredible, and it made me so upset that he had to play out this persona of a Bad guy and never let harry know just how much he and his mother meant to him.

That poor guy :(
Harry didnt mean jack shit to Snape, it was all Lilly, in the book when he is asked to protect Harry he is sceptical but then Dumbledore points out he will be doing it for Lilly he agrees to it. OT: Fred, he was always light-hearted and funny and whatnot, but then BOOM he is dead in the middle of a joke, it caught me by suprise
Snape always resented Harry because he was a constant reminder to him that James was the father of Lily's child rather than him. That's why he always protected Harry but as not affectionate towards him.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Tonks and Lupin made me sad because they had just had a baby. I think I cried a bit reading Sirus' death. I cried watching Dumbledore die, and snape. Probably because Alan Rickamn's one of my favourite actors though.

OliverTwist72

Nov 22, 2010
So...I'm piggybacking my question in this thread.

Snape is totally Harry's dad right? Right? *wink wink nudge nudge*?

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Instinct Blues said:
Its because he wasn't in more than 2 books as far as I recall.
He was definitely in at least 3 books, Chamber of Secrets, Goblet of Fire and The Deathly Hallows, and maybe got small parts in others, but yeah I always loved him, even in the films, he was a great friend of Harry's.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Fred. Oh, why one of the jokers, why one of the pair? I'd say a close second is Dobby, after all he did and went through to get a damn knife in the chest.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
UberaDpmn said:
Wait... Harry Potter wasn't in that list, that means he survived the last film. Oh dear.

Now we've just got to 'look forward' to the inevitable (7th or 8th?) cash-grab movie that comes afterwards.
9th I guess, Deathly Hallows part 1 was the 7th, part 2 was the 8th, so it would be the 9th.

I hope they never ever do another film, based on Harry Potter. It's done, leave it!

Carbonyl

Jun 2, 2011
I heard the red-headed kid died, one of the tall ones. I liked him, I felt mildly disappointed that the red heads were no longer a matched set.

the trooper

Oct 17, 2009
Tough decision, so im just gonna pick dobby, caz i always loved him and his death was totally unexpected. Especially sad. Runner up is probably fred, caz again totally unexpected, and it was a character i really liked.

Also, Snape's death in the film has to be mentioned. it was just so sad and brutal. I was vert tearful and my sister bawled her eyes out.

As For the one who least affected me, it has to be hedwig. It felt pointless and heck, I was more annoyyed Harry lost his firebolt. Yes... thats right i get more emtional over inanimate object than someone's pet. Someone lock me up!

The Hero Killer

Aug 9, 2010
Bellatrix Le Strange. She was one of the few cool characters who didnt decay with time ((Lucius Malfoy)) and was played by a hot actress. It was disappointing for her to be killed by a lame character instead of some epic fight with her vs someone like McGonagall.

effilctar

Jul 24, 2009
Dobby in the books, Snape in the movies.

There wasn't too much to Sirius' death, he fell through a veil and that was it, Voldemort's death was terrible in both the book and movie. Dumbledore's was expected and there was nothing... personal about it, everyone was hurt by it. Snape's death never hit me until Harry looked at his memories in the pensieve.

Dobby's was personal, Harry dug his grave by hand and everything. He died specifically in the act of saving Harry whereas most of the other deaths were simply a consequence of protecting Harry.

LightspeedJack

May 2, 2010
Krychek08 said:
So...I'm piggybacking my question in this thread.

Snape is totally Harry's dad right? Right? *wink wink nudge nudge*?
Not sure if serious...but no. Technically it's possible but how can you explain how Harry looks just like James.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
Lupin and Tonks... Oh GAWD! Lupin and Tonks!!!

When I was reading the book I was like "Wait... WHAAAA?"
*Reads passage again*
"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA~?"

...so... yeah... To be honest, more Tonks than Lupin but still..