Poll: Which is worse - Hot weather or cold weather?

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Hot weather. I need to run an AC during the summer, which uses a lot of power. During the winter, I just have to have my PC running and the heat it generates is more than enough to keep my room warm.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
MeChaNiZ3D said:
I'm in Australia so we don't get incredibly cold but generally speaking we get both, and I've come to the conclusion that I hate HUMIDITY. I'm happy with hot or cold, but fuck humid weather. Overcast muggy hot without rain in the worst, I would say. I'm absolutely fine with dry and hot, raining and cold, dry and cold, but humidity leads to discomfort in all scenarios that don't involve precipitation.
I second the hate for humidity. Australian heat of 40d with 40% humidity it fine. I went overseas and had a stop over in Kuala Lumpur. like 28d with 90-100 humidity. Something like that. That was terrible. Worst weather I've ever seen.

Which out of hot or cold is worse. Cold. When it gets hot the shade is your friend. When it's cold there is no sun to be your friend it's behind clouds.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Of course heat is worse! You can save yourself from cold by putting clothes on, but when its 38 degrees celsium, you are already naked, but still hot, there is nothing that cane save aside from cold water. Mmm... Swimming in lake.

Aur0ra145

Elite Member
May 22, 2009
Cold weather makes training much more difficult, and for the place I live in. We seldom have cold enough weather to impede our everyday stuff.

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
SanAndreasSmoke said:
Just for the record official weather prediction for Christmas tomorrow in Brisbane is 31 degrees C or 87.8 in farenhight.

To answer the question neither. My problem is all the other factors that make up the weather. Hot days are fine unless the humidity is too high and it feels like your swimming in a sauna or too low then it feels like your being dry baked alive.

Cold is fine so long as it's not too windy or rainy. I like being wet. I like being cold. Wet and cold? Not so much.

VeryOddGamer

Feb 26, 2012
Well, if it's only about the temperature, meaning that there's no snow, I'd say hot is worse, because you can only take so many clothes off before you get arrested.
But if we were to add snow to the equation, I'd probably go with the cold, because it's still pretty bad and that goddamn snow makes it a lot harder to get anywhere.
And of course, when it's hot, there's more than one damned colour visible outside.

Wait, wait, I have to say this.
yeti585 said:
Snow is magical, and ice means a nice game of hockey.
Are you completely insane? Snow is magical? Yeah, like the spell Grease is magical. AND HOCKEY? WHO THE FUCK LIKES HOCKEY MY GOD SOMEONE HELP ME

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Hot. Sweating and being unable to do anything about it sucks(fanning is useless!). At least when you're cold you can put on extra clothing. Easier to endure cold rather than hot weather in my opinion.

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
Both.
Me in the summer: "Fuck it's hot, wish it was winter"
Me in the winter: "Fuck it's cold, wish it was summer"

Still, if I really had to choose, hot weather.
Being a bit overweight I sweat, a lot. Not pleasant.

SoulSalmon

Sep 27, 2010
Hot weather is worse for sure.
There are over a MILLION ways to keep warm, most are very cheap or even free. Plus the more awesome clothing like jackets, coats, hats and gloves are all rather warm.
Heaters are the extreme end of staying warm and those are about the cost of a decent fan nowadays (Most even double AS fans). Heck, merely EXISTING generates heat.

The only ways to keep cool though are cold drinks, fans and ACs, all of which cost more money the longer you have them on.

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
I had to spend a winter in Fairbanks and it just wrecked me for the heat. Even ten years after I'm far happier in a t-shirt at 50 than I am at 100.

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
I am really suprised hot is winning, usually people think I am weird for disliking the heat. Glad to know there are others out there.

Yeah the heat makes me feel sick and moody. I like a cold night while I am wrapped up in a blanket.

I took a vacation in Rome, Italy once...one of the hottest places I have ever been, oh my fuck. It was hard to enjoy myself with sweat pouring off my face, yuck. Also Tunis...but I pretend that I never went there.

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
until you have to work a heavily physical job outside you really don't appreciate hot weather
somewhere around the mid 40's (110ish) is where it really hits you and every step feels like walking in syrup but there is absolutely no way out of it except removing yourself from the environment. at least in winter you can throw on a jacket and gloves and still be able to work even in the harshest weather but at 45 degrees working outside is life and death

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I'm bias to say cold seeing how I am from the UK (horay for Brits weathers...) I rarely experience proper hot weather over here. Heck the only time I did felt so bloody hot when I was on holiday abroad (U.S and Hong Kong)!

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
I hate hot weather, especially when it comes with high humidity. It makes me feel sticky and miserable. There aren't very many ways to counter it, either. Sure... you can remove layers of clothing, but there's only so much of that you can do before you get stuck on a sex offender list. You could go to a beach to swim, assuming there's even one close by... and if there isn't, you could get a pool - if you feel like dealing with the incredible cost and maintenance requirements. There's also fans and whatnot... which most of the time don't do shit unless you're right next to them and never, ever move. There's air conditioners, which work great, except for when they spike your electric bill, cause brown-outs because everyone has them on, have to be drained, or when they for some reason break or cease to work and you're stuck miserable with nothing to cool you down.

Sure, cold weather sucks too... but all you really have to do is put on additional layers of clothing to fix it. This is the second winter in a row in New Hampshire where I haven't even bothered to turn the heat on, opting for sweatshirts instead.

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
When it's hot outside you can take clothes off, but this only gets your temp down so much, when it's cold you can keep throwing on clothes to raise your temp to whatever temp you desire.

T3hSource

Mar 5, 2012
Both,because in my region it's either dry heat or dry cold.It's not the temperature,it's the lack of humidity that makes it unbearable.
Anyway with the given choice-cold is worse,because snow makes going places take more effort than it should and dry cold pierces through half your clothing and boots anyway.And I love it when it drops below -10 C,ice on the windows in the afternoon is always nice to see.
And it wasn't until I went to the plains to realize that the heat I experience every summer is nothing compared to the baking ovens there.
Can't I have a nice warm weather with occasional drops to 5-10 C?That would be nice.