Poll: Which would you choose to save?

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Hmm...

My parents, my brother and nephew, my two half-sisters, and 4 of my friends are worth 100 strangers to me. Even if the strangers are mostly children I'd still choose to save the 10 closest to me. I'm usually pragmatic in theoretical scenarios but there's no way I'd choose not to save my infant nephew.

magicmonkeybars

Gullible Dolt
Nov 20, 2007
In this event I would like to explain myself to the people I condemn to death.
Closest doesn't mean care for the most but does include them,
Still, the needs of the many out way the needs of the few and I'd rather say goodbye to ten of my closest people than explain a hundred deaths to them.

Grospoliner

Feb 16, 2010
I would let both die. I would never compromise my principles by caving into the demands of a lunatic, especially when presented with such an infantile argument such as "It is your fault they died because of your inaction" when it is clearly the lunatics actions which place them there and invariably kill them. Unfortunately for whoever put on such an event they chose their subject poorly since I am all too aware of the effect of psychosocial experimentation.

dragonhunter21

Feb 6, 2011
Theoretically, I'd save the 100. Needs of the many and all. But honestly, I'm so borderline on it that if it actually happened, I don't know what I'd do.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
10 people closest to me. I'd feel pretty bad but I'd feel worse knowing that the ten closest people to me just died.

Shade184

Nov 11, 2009
I like to think of myself as a "good" person, but I'd probably save the ten. I couldn't live with the guilt of killing my own parents. It's one of those choices where there's no right answer. :(

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
The ten people closest to me.

Those 100 people could possibly be assholes. But with those ten closest to me, at least I know they're assholes.

SuperUberBob

Nov 19, 2008
You'd have to have one sad, miserable family to choose 100 strangers over ten people closest to you.

Shit, I'd let a million strangers die if it meant that I got to save my mother.

The_Chief

Jun 3, 2008
chickencow said:
Ugh, you people disgust me beyond belief. I would choose to save the 100 strangers. All because I don't know them personally, but that doesn't mean they are less important than the 10 people closest to me.
"blahbiddy blah blah i like to pretend to be a big person because
"

we're all selfish and unless your some form of minister, your just as selfish.

OT:10 people easily. my friends helped me through some tough times and will continue to do so hopefully. and i care about them more then my own family.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
JezebelinHell said:
Mr.Pandah said:
Lol of course I'd save the ten people. I don't give a shit about 100 people I won't know and would most likely be completely ungrateful for me saving them. Family members or people I don't know? Come on.
I agree with the pantless Pandah. ;)

The people closest to me are the ones that make life worth living and help me when I need it. Why would I bother saving 100 strangers that probably wouldn't give me the time of day?

Sorry Pandah, you would be dead too. *waves bye bye through the glass*
Bam, loving all the exact sentiments of hatin' on strangers.

Also, you're only hating/wouldn't save me because of my pantless outlook on life. ;D

Feb 9, 2011
rokkolpo said:
10 people closest to me.
Easy.

I might be a massive dick that way, but those 10 lives are worth more to me than 100 random ones.
Completely selfish and all. but I couldn't condemn the people I love.
Yeah, that.

It's obviously selfish, but I have no idea who those 100 people are, and frankly I don't care about them compared to the 10 closet people I know. Easy decision.

Kakashi on crack

Aug 5, 2009
I'd be unsure. In the end I'd pick the ten closest to me though. I'm a selfish individual at times though, and those 10 lives are worth more to me than 100 people unfortunatly...

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
obviously the 10 closest people to me. Who cares about any strangers?? :p

AmayaOnnaOtaku

The Babe with the Power
Mar 11, 2010
Ladette said:
I'd trade a billion people I don't know for one person I care about. That decision would take all of about 5 seconds.
same here especially when it comes to my child or my family. Sucks to be a stranger

TheBoulder

Nov 11, 2009
imacharginmehlaz0r said:
chickencow said:
Ugh, you people disgust me beyond belief. I would choose to save the 100 strangers. All because I don't know them personally, but that doesn't mean they are less important than the 10 people closest to me.
"blahbiddy blah blah i like to pretend to be a big person because
"

we're all selfish and unless your some form of minister, your just as selfish.

OT:10 people easily. my friends helped me through some tough times and will continue to do so hopefully. and i care about them more then my own family.
"Blahbiddy blah blah I am a pretentious social introvert who's views on everything are automatically right and anyone who has a different opinion is wrong."