Poll: Who Do You Think is Best RPGs Between Bioware, Square Enix, and Bethesda?

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
That depends if Square Enix also includes its library from Square and Enix because Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Vagrant Story, Brave Fencer Musashi, and Parasite Eve say I should pick Square Enix.

If I can only include those released after the merger, then Bethesda. They make nice, open worlds.

Volkov

Dec 4, 2010
Between these 3 - Bioware.

Overall? Interplay (including Black Isle Studios and Troika, even though the latter are only ex-Interplay staff).

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Considering I love Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Morrowind, and have never played Mass Effect,

Bethesda.

bakan

Jun 17, 2011
Bethesda and Square/Soft/Enix are better for RPGs (even though the second one falls under JRPGs), Bioware just doesn't make them anymore.

JB1528

Mar 17, 2009
Bioware definitely with Bethesda a close second. And Square Enix? Eww Atlus is way better than them.

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
Veldie said:
You really shouldnt include Square in this since They Do JRPG maby put Obsidien instead?
Leave JRPG/WRPG elitism out the door. Also, Deus Ex 3, son.

OT: My vote is for Bethsteda
BioWare. They have the coherent story and characterization of Square-Enix games with the depth of character development of Bethesda... without the running down long one single endless corridor of Square-Enix, and without the buggy un-polishedness of Bethesda.

Also, I can't say Obsidian. They made Alpha Protocol and FO:NV, after all. Again... either buggy or sooooo full of unfulfilled promise.

Man, so many things AP did oh so very right... and oh so many things it got OH SO MUCH WRONG.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Midnight Crossroads said:
That depends if Square Enix also includes its library from Square and Enix because Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Vagrant Story, Brave Fencer Musashi, and Parasite Eve say I should pick Square Enix.
That's the logic I was going with.

As good as games by Bethesda and Bioware are, they don't come remotely close to the power of my nostalgia.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
My answer would be: none of the above.

Working Designs, all day every day. Love me some Vay, LUNAR series and Popful Mail.

poppabaggins

May 29, 2009
I voted for Bioware. My vote would have gone to Bethesda, but then I realized that they haven't produced anything of real quality since Morrowind. But really, Morrowind is still all kinds of awesome.

jacobythehedgehog

Jun 15, 2011
I love Square Enix :). I might be one of the few people that still enjoy new Final Fantasy games. Final Fantasy XIII was my favorite RPG since Final Fantasy X.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
I sat Bioware only because their games are more engaging and the stories are great. While I love fantasy over sci-fi Besthesda games have never had good stories. And square has just gone down over the years. Hope fully they can recover soon.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
Bioware. Square's a joke, and Bethseda games are meh without the mods. I don't think technology has caught up to their ambition yet. Also, they have mediocre storylines.

DracoSuave said:
Veldie said:
You really shouldnt include Square in this since They Do JRPG maby put Obsidien instead?
Leave JRPG/WRPG elitism out the door. Also, Deus Ex 3, son.

OT: My vote is for Bethsteda
BioWare. They have the coherent story and characterization of Square-Enix games with the depth of character development of Bethesda... without the running down long one single endless corridor of Square-Enix, and without the buggy un-polishedness of Bethesda.

Also, I can't say Obsidian. They made Alpha Protocol and FO:NV, after all. Again... either buggy or sooooo full of unfulfilled promise.

Man, so many things AP did oh so very right... and oh so many things it got OH SO MUCH WRONG.
Deus Ex 3 is being done by Eidos Montreal...Square just pays for it :p

Agreed about Obsidian

Plazmatic

May 4, 2009
ChupathingyX said:
Errrr...Obsidian.

I've never played a Square Enix RPG or a Bioware RPG.

And Bethesda "RPGs" barely have any choice in them, at least the last two really dropped the ball, and I'm still on the fence about Skyrim.
LOL what? fallout new vegas buddy, just as un-choice full as bethesdas fallout 3 if now more un choicy