Poll: Who Do You Think is the Best Sci-Fi Soldier?

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Pretty simple question, which Sci-Fi soldier do you think is the best. This is considering their equipment, physical prowess, mentality and intellect.

I personally think that Halo's Spartans are the superior Super Soldier. They may not be quite as tough as space marines, have the huge arsenal of Starship Troopers, or be as expendable as Stormtroopers, but they are much better rounded than any other. They are crazy deadly with or without suits, are easily smarter than any of the others, and can use just about any weapon without much trouble.

Fanta Grape

Aug 17, 2010
Stormtroopers. Back in the original trilogy (as opposed to the NON-CANONPREQUELSSHUTUPTHEYARE) they had personality. They'd chat, do their job, but they were just regular people doing their job. I think that's why I like them.

Ninjat_126

Nov 19, 2010
The Mobile Infantry have nuclear rocket launchers, jetpacks and are designed to:

a) Take on platoons of tanks and win.
b) Destroy entire cities with minimal casualties on both sides.
c) Orbital Drop.

They could take on 40K Space Marines and probably win.

EDIT: They're the Starship Troopers.

And one of them could kill every Spartan ever made. A MI Private could kill every Spartan ever made.

(Except the smart ones like Master Chief. He'd hide somewhere.)

Aragatory

May 18, 2011
Commander Shepard, by himself.

And Shepard also starts with S and that means I don't have a low content post

Valiard

Feb 26, 2009
Crono Troopers from the red alert series forget killing people you just dont exist anymore....

Tax_Document

Mar 13, 2011
Hawk of Battle said:
This is a contest involving 40k. Every other argument is invalid. Nothing competes with 40k and wins.
Sword of the Stars, your argument is invalid.

Ninjat_126

Nov 19, 2010
Hawk of Battle said:
This is a contest involving 40k. Every other argument is invalid. Nothing competes with 40k and wins.
Mobile Infantry, if they had the space.

The key drawback with the MI would be that they require their gear to be operational to actually be effective. They're well trained and can still fight with old guns, knives and their bare hands, but nowhere nearly as efficiently as a Space Marine or Spartan.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Ninjat_126 said:
Hawk of Battle said:

The key drawback with the MI would be that they require their gear to be operational to actually be effective. They're well trained and can still fight with old guns, knives and their bare hands, but nowhere nearly as efficiently as a Space Marine or Spartan.
Thats probably the biggest reason I chose the Spartans over them. MI troopers are tough as nails and aren't dumb either, but compared with genetically modified super soldiers they just can't keep up.

Gazisultima

May 25, 2009
Commander Shepard. So awesome, when he dies, he doesn't stay dead. He's also good for endorsements :D

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Why would anyone ever choose Terran Marines?

I chose spartans because their K/D ratio is ridiculously high.

owen4evr

Feb 11, 2011
I think Artyum from Metro 2033 was the best I mean no-one on the list had nuclear strike on hand.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well I say Gear of War grumpy guy something..., everybody else just copied them anyway :p

But seriously, the best sci-fi soldier is Captain Mal

Ninjat_126

Nov 19, 2010
Shock and Awe said:
Ninjat_126 said:
Hawk of Battle said:

Thats probably the biggest reason I chose the Spartans over them. MI troopers are tough as nails and aren't dumb either, but compared with genetically modified super soldiers they just can't keep up.
Of course, if you strip away the gear and armour and make them fight hand to hand, Space Marines would win every time due to the whole "I'm 8 feet tall and spit acid" thing.

It would be an interesting fight though. Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny time?

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Ninjat_126 said:
Shock and Awe said:
Ninjat_126 said:
Hawk of Battle said:

Of course, if you strip away the gear and armour and make them fight hand to hand, Space Marines would win every time due to the whole "I'm 8 feet tall and spit acid" thing.

It would be an interesting fight though. Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny time?
Well Spartans are seven feet high.....XD

Plus from what I've seen they're a lot smarter than Space Marines

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
Damn. Had a hard time choosing between MI's and Space Marines, but I choose Space Marines, for this reason.

Terran Marines - A convict with a gun and shitty power armour.
Spartan II's - Sure, they were badass. I mean, they were.
Stormtroopers - If they actually hit stuff and didn't get slaughtered by FURRIES in the films, I might have picked em.
But they don't hit stuff and they don't kick ass, so screw em.

Space Marines - Warriors essentially descended from God who have gone through training, indoctrination and augmentation that makes Spartan training (I mean Spartan Spartan training) look like its for pussies. The standard weapon of a Space Marine is a rifle which pretty much shoots rockets which bury into a target and explode, fucking the unfortunate bastard up from the inside out. They fight against all sorts of fucked up horrors and WIN the majority of the time. They are fearless in battle and do awesome shit again and again and AGAIN.

They are the SPESS MARHINES!

-

(If Imperial Guardsmen were on there I'd choose them though, because they do the same sort of stuff but to less awesome degrees, but do so only being squishy little humies without the concentrated badassitude of the Space Marines.)

Spoonius

Jul 18, 2009
Shock and Awe said:
I personally think that Halo's Spartans are the superior Super Soldier. They may not be quite as tough as space marines, have the huge arsenal of Starship Troopers, or be as expendable as Stormtroopers, but they are much better rounded than any other. They are crazy deadly with or without suits, are easily smarter than any of the others, and can use just about any weapon without much trouble.
I actually think that Imperial Stormtroopers (Warhammer 40k, not Star Wars) would probably be an even match for Spartan IIs, and definitely able to hold their own against Spartan IIIs.

My brother and I had an hour-long discussion about it, and eventually agreed that the outcome would depend on the situational context.

deshorty

Dec 30, 2010
The best sci-fi soldier (singular) is Shepard. But for groups of soldiers... definitely Spartans.