Poll: Who here that has graduated high-school (or equivalent) still lives with their parents?

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Just wondering how many of use conform to that old stereotype of the nerd living in their parents basement. Include your age if you want. ;D

For me... Yes, I still live with my parents. I am within driving distance of where I am going to college, I am unemployed, and the cost of rent everywhere else is really high, so... I am going to hang out with them till I get my degree. Hurrah for being a shameless freeloader! :D

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
I'm 19, my brother is 21 (and employed). We both live with our parents. It's gonna suck when I have to move out....

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
I just hit 25, I have a bachelors and moved out for 2 and a half years, however I really couldn't find a steady/ well paying job, going back to school for 2 years to get a degree in clinical lab science which guarantees me a job in a hospital lab. So until I get back fully on my feet living with my parents and paying them super cheap rent is what I'm sticking with. Living in my own place + paying loans from my bachelor's college + current college fees is just impossible/unreasonable.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
I still live with my parents, but that's because it's cheaper than living at college.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
I lived with my parents for about a year after getting my bachelor's. The latter of half of which was spent looking for a job. Found one about a year ago, moved out and haven't looked back.

deshorty

Dec 30, 2010
I do sort of. I currently live in my dorm, but I tend to go back to my house (30 minutes away by subway) every other weekend or so. I'm 18 btw.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
I'm 22 and graduated college and still live with my parents... Yes, it is perfectly fine to call me a loser...

Actually I help a lot around the house and with grocery shopping, etc. I want to move out but can't because I can't seem to land a job. I guess I could sort of blame the economy on this one.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
The university is in driving distance. Ive never had a job to move out with and when I di its gonna be based on what I went to school for. My mom isnt home much anyway so its like living alone.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Yes, I'm 21 and I'm currently at College, but when I'm home I live with parents/family

Oct 12, 2011
Back when I was in college, I did live at home. I was literally only 15 minutes walking distance from the campus and it made no sense to either pay for the dorm rooms or the artificially high college-town rent.

While in school, I took a year off to get over burn-out and moved out for that time. Had a job, payed rent, the whole nine yards. When I went back to school, I moved back home because of the cost of both school and rent was just too high.

After I graduated, I stayed at home a couple of years longer until I not only moved out, but moved out of my home town.

Isn't living on a moderate budget wonderful?

Doc Theta Sigma

Jan 5, 2009
Yes. It is perpetual hell. I cannot find a job. My days are filled with filling out applications never to hear back ever again and walking the family dog. The little bastard gets lots of walks.

littlepima

Mar 12, 2011
I've been lucky enough to not have to live with my parents since high school. Now I'm 31 and married with 2 kids and a good career. I think it would be irresponsible of me at this point.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
In my culture, family usually sticks together until one is engaged and/or married. That and I do my fair share of work around the house to earn my keep.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
When I was 17 I moved out. Though I lived in a dorm (off of my parents money) for 3 years. I rented a house my fourth year with some buddies. Other than a three month period when I moved from my college town back to the city my folks live in, I have not lived with my folks since.

Though to be fair I moved out in the late 90's when the economy was awesome and jobs would just fall out of the sky.

I also have never lived 'by myself' I always had a roommate usually two. One of them being my twin brother. (Until he got married)

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Yes, but I'll be moving away in January because I'm leaving for USAF basic training.

sharinganblossom25

Jan 2, 2011
I'm 18, and my first semester of college is about to end, and I'm still living with the folks. It's just cheaper that way in these times. I don't want to be like my brother who lives in an apartment that they pay for. -_-

Grayjack said:
Yes, but I'll be moving away in January because I'm leaving for USAF basic training.
And good luck to you. :) My dad's a former pilot, so I would classify myself as an "Air Force brat" haha.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Have my own apartment, attending college.

My home will always be where my family is, though, even if I don't technically live there.