Poll: Who here that has graduated high-school (or equivalent) still lives with their parents?

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
I've sweated blood and tears to try and head out of the house after I graduated. Sadly even a versatile programmer has limited job opportunities, so it took a long time.

Grimsinger

Apr 9, 2008
In college, living half way across the country away from my parents, in an apartment with my girlfriend, and ever going back.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Macgyvercas said:
I still live with my parents, but that's because it's cheaper than living at college.
This describes me as well. No reason for me to leave when school already costs so much.

Captain_Fantastic

Jun 28, 2011
yeah im 19 and i live in a small industry town the i just graduated and have no real reason to go to college yet as i have no real direction in life and the only colleges around being a few hundred km away in cities and whatnot

i could easily get a job in town that pays around $22 per hour with my background and family connections but i really dont want to really root myself here as i would love to leave this town(the social aspects of this place are shit)

the only thing keeping my is "where would i go and what would i do when i get there"
college being the only reasonable option but then comes the "why would i go to college" arguement

Lady Larunai

Nov 30, 2010
moved out when i was 16, same year i finished highschool actual moving out happened about 2 months after i had finished.

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
I'm 18, I go to university 2 hours away from home, so for now I don't live with my parents, but on summer's break and other breaks I'll live with them.

Nemesis729

Jul 9, 2010
I just graduated high school, I'm in my first semester of community college right now as a full time student and I work part time so I wouldn't consider myself a moocher lol, Just there till I transfer to a four year college

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
I graduated at 17, moved out at 20 when I could afford it from working full-time, and I'll only go back when I'm unemployed. Otherwise, I'll find a way to pay the rent.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
I don't but I did quite a few times because I screwed up on life and they were kind enough not to leave me homeless. I love my parents for their support.
Granted, I hate living with them only because I don't like relying on them for anything monetarily. But they're wonderful people, and my Dad is a blast to hang out with.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I'm 19, my college is 20 minutes away and doesn't have a dorm. All that spells me still living with my parents.

Eisenfaust

Two horses in a man costume
Apr 20, 2009
21, living with my parents mainly because their house is 5 minutes drive from the university... 3 years into a 4 year degree with a part-time job... best to save money now for when i have to flee to do a post-grad degree... so yeah, i don't pay rent, though i severly undersell how much money i make

Blobpie

May 20, 2009
I still live with my parents, but i still pay rent every month.

(i graduated just 6 months ago)

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Wow, that is a lot of people. Didn't expect the stereotype to be so true. I have yet to graduate highschool, but I don't plan on living with my parents.

Nov 28, 2007
I still live with my mother. But that will all change in a couple of months, when I move.

Then, I'll be living with my father. -_-*

JDLY

Jun 21, 2008
BreakfastMan said:
Just wondering how many of use conform to that old stereotype of the nerd living in their parents basement. Include your age if you want. ;D

For me... Yes, I still live with my parents. I am within driving distance of where I am going to college, I am unemployed, and the cost of rent everywhere else is really high, so... I am going to hang out with them till I get my degree. Hurrah for being a shameless freeloader! :D
From your response and many of the others it looks like you should add a "yes while attending college" or "during winter and summer breaks from college" because that seems to be the majority so far.

As for me, I also fall into that. I go to a university about 2 hours away and live in the dorms, but during Christmas and summer breaks I will be living with my parents.

Doom-Slayer

Ooooh...I has custom title.
Jul 18, 2009
Lived with parents(not basement) for 2 years, starting my 2nd year of uni next year. Oh and best bit? I have a job, but I dont pay rent. On top of that, I dont havea car because...since Im a student I get free buses everywhere and this isnt a huge city. So ya, I dont get out socially as much as should, but Im making a chunk of money so its all good.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
I still live with my parents (we don't have a basement). I'm 21 years old and only in part time employment. I want to move out and live with my girlfriend (she also lives with her parents) but I'm having trouble finding a full-time job and my girlfriend is having trouble finding a job at all.