Poll: Who IS buying the Xbox One?

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
9thRequiem said:
1 - You don't need the disc to play games. This means that a) I can be lazy (Woo!), and b) I can store my games elsewhere (Space in that room is a premium)
2 -
Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend?s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.
This. I'll no longer need two copies of games in order for the two of us to play at once. Plus, hopefully they may not look too closely at who is actually your Family, so I can add friends to the list and play their games.
If you want to go XBone then that's your choice, just want to point out though that you could just buy the PS4 games from PSN if you don't like discs. Good luck if you go wtih the X-Box though, just realise that when Microsoft turns off your system and all your games (turns servers off) that you'll have a brick.

Iron Gix

Mar 26, 2010
9thRequiem said:
mohit9206 said:
9thRequiem said:
I am. At least 1, possibly 2.
From the UK.

And yes, I do have very good reasons for picking this over the PS4. It's not just blind loyalty - it's legitimately the better choice for me.
How is it a better choice unless you are really into TV stuff. For TV xbox is better but for gaming PS4 is better.
1 - You don't need the disc to play games. This means that a) I can be lazy (Woo!), and b) I can store my games elsewhere (Space in that room is a premium)
2 -
Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend?s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.
This. I'll no longer need two copies of games in order for the two of us to play at once. Plus, hopefully they may not look too closely at who is actually your Family, so I can add friends to the list and play their games.
i don't think you really know whats going on

Deleriumllama

May 19, 2011
I may end up getting one, but not anywhere near release. Will want to see how these features play out a few months after release. The main reason would be for exclusives like halo and forza. However i have a decent steering wheel set up for forza and worried it won't be compatible seeing as 360 controllers won't work on xbox one.

Will buy it when i'm in UK or Aus, both the expensive options.

Drago-Morph

Mar 28, 2010
Even though the PS4 is coming first and foremost, and will absolutely be my primary console, I'm one of those guys who has to have everything at his disposal. Plus, I'm a huge Halo fanboy, so that factors into it, too. I feel guilty about supporting the Xbone, but I figure that I'm in a pretty small minority of people who must have all their options open, so I'm not too worried about it. The way everyone else is going, I'm not so much supporting an evil menace as I am humoring a dying one. Plus, I'm still doing my part to fight the good fight by spreading awareness of the Xbone's sucky-ness and telling people that if they're only getting one to get the PS4.

tl;dr - PS4 as my main console, but I was always getting both anyway.

Flatfrog

Dec 29, 2010
Based on a very small sample conversation on another forum, a sizeable proportion of those people see no problem with the always-on requirement and plan to get one.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
I have a friend who is most likely going to get it. For some reason, he keeps trying to justify it when the topic of consoles comes up in conversation. Considering I'm adamant in my decision and don't give a damn what other people are doing, it gets kind of tiresome.

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
As a owner of the other 2 Xboxes (that I really enjoyed) I could honestly handle all the internet bs & sharing restrictions & all the other crap with the system, but I refuse. When a company tells a large portion of their fans to basically fuck off, I lose a lot of respect for said company.

If MS did a complete 180 on all the bullshit "features" of the Xbox One & made a public apology & admit that they fucked up, I might get one after a severe price drop. That's a big "maybe" though. So to answer the question, no, I will not be getting an Xbox One, because it'll be a cold day in hell when MS changes anything for the better.

AvangionQ

Aug 22, 2012
Polls require more than one option to gauge accuracy. I have an xbox360 now and skipped the PS3, but as things stand now, more than likely will be getting a PS4 next year. Microsoft screwed the pooch on used games, and as 99% of my games are bought used at a considerable discount, enough a reason to skip buying.

ryessknight

May 30, 2013
Noone if there smart. But there are gonna be people who are suckered or are just dumbass's who will buy one, which makes me even sadder about humanity.

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
9thRequiem said:
Kinect does turn off. They've mentioned how to do it, plus you could just stick it down the back where it couldn't detect anything anyway.
The xbox can be turned off, through kinect. The kinect can only be paused if you want the system to be on.

piinyouri said:
Once again, I'm afraid not. Here's a direct quote from the sidebar in the arstechnica article linked above. "The only limitation, it seems, is that only one person can be playing the shared copy of a single game at any given time."
So it's for borrowing a friend's game when they're not playing it, not for sharing it with them at the same time.
Whoops, how I managed to quote someone else with your words, I dunno.

BaronVH

Oct 22, 2009
Honestly, it will be tough. For one, I have a 360 due to the fact that they have the games I want. The PS3 exclusives just did not interest me, and I like the feel of the 360. That being said, I was late to this generation since I have been a long time (and I mean a long time) PC gamer. If the Xbone has many exclusives over the PS4, I might get it. I do not like the fact that I cannot play 360 games on it, and it seems that the PS4 will let you stream PS3 games. That is a big deal, and I cannot believe how short sighted MS is on this issue. A required internet connection is a huge problem as well. I plan to play my 360 games for a real long time. When this generation is over, I still plan to play them. What happens when the new generation ends? Will they shut down the servers and turn this into a brick? What happens if my local internet goes out, which does happen from time to time. Again, it amazes me how blatantly incompetent Microsoft seems to be. Personally, unless they address these concerns, I will be getting a PS4. Finally, if the blu-ray movie playback is all region on either device, I will purchase that device. So far, they have only discussed all region playback for games.

Frost27

Good news everyone!
Jun 3, 2011
chiefohara said:
I was... until they unveiled it.

I was open minded to see what was out at E3, wasn't impressed.

Don Mattick making asinine statements didn't help either.

I've never bought a console on launch before, but Sony's presentation nearly made me do that. Thankfully i supressed the impulse buyer in me.
Does it even count as an impulse buy if it isn't out for another 6 months?

As far as the folks willing to buy an XBone, as long as you have a well reasoned and informed argument, I won't flame or hate. I will disagree 100% that the XBone has a single offering that makes it even a semi attractive option, but I have to respect a reasoned opinion.

I originally planned to buy both, until the recent reveals and information. Post E3 opener, the XBone is almost like a massive trolling attempt (IMO) and the PS4 has me more excited for any system release in 15 years.

AmtracZac

Jun 12, 2013
I won't be getting an Xbox One for the simple reason that the exclusives didn't interest me at all. Any game that might have is on alternate platforms (for example: TitanFall on Xbox 360). I'm not sure if The Witcher 3 is an Xbox One exclusive though, is it? Be a shame if it was. Loved the second game.
Sony's games interested me more, with Order 1886 and Infamous:Second Son catching my eye in particular. Anything else I liked at E3 is multi-platform (The Division, The Crew, Battlefield 4, NFS Rivals). Add to that I'm not interested in the TV and movie services that Xbox One offers, since I have a perfectly good TV and I never used the Movie services on Xbox 360 anyway.

(Greetings from the UK.)

InsaneBurger

Oct 2, 2012
Dead Rising 3 and Titan Fall sold me. I've been in love with the series since early 360 days and I thought Titan Fall looked pretty damn fun. Plus Sony is really lacking in good exclusives; there just wasn't any that caught my eye. Well Final Fantasy did but I later heard its not an exclusive so oh well. Also, the only guys I play with are kinda big xbox fans so I'd likely have more fun on xbox regardless of exclusives.

REZNoR_greed

Jan 21, 2010
it would take one of two things to convince me to get one.
either if they get rid of that used games policy, and the having to check in every 24 hours thing.
or if something massive comes out exclusively for it; like Shenmue 3.

SkullKing84

Feb 10, 2011
The Xbone exclusives don't excite me, I haven't had cable in 10 years, needing to connect to the internet once every 24 hours or you CAN'T play the games you own is a crock of sh*t, and the all seeing eye of Sauron is 1984 Big Brotherish crap. Hal 9000 wont be singing about daisies if everyone has a Hal.

So... no Xbone is not for me.

Most PS4 exclusives are up my alley. PS4 remaining a console and not an "entertainment" system is a plus.

Edit: Xbone used game policy is crap. I buy what i can afford at the time.