Poll: Who IS buying the Xbox One?

godofgamers

Oct 20, 2010
I've always been a PC gamer, and while I'm not elitist or anything, I certainly am enjoying this controversy over the Xbone. Partly because I see it as Microsoft's punishment for the horrible Halo 2 port and then not releasing Halo 3 on PC, but mostly because I get to watch this whole thing without having a dog in the fight. But it really does seem like Microsoft has been taking some pointers from EA, and the undue influence and success of the two companies definitely makes me worry.

Of course, one could always be immensely cruel to whoever is monitoring the mic/video feeds on the Kinect and put it in the bedroom of two old people or something.

Krixous

Jan 15, 2013
I am getting the ps4 i got spotty internet connection at best so if i chose the xbone id probably be locked out of my games that being said i did just get my comp upgraded and havent touched my consoles in awhile so probably not day one purchasing anything

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
Edl01 said:
That's 117 too many sales for this console.
People wonder why publishers and developers have no respect for consumers, but how can we expect them too when we will buy anything they give us no matter what kind of crap they pull with it. The new Xbox could be on fire and run off the power of dead babies and people would still buy it.
Or it could be that said "crap" doesn't matter to certain demographics? If you buy all of your games new anyway, have a solid internet connection, and remember to off your Kinect then everything that people complain about ceases to exist. I love how people forget that some people have different opinions.

Moth_Monk said:
Rather like supporting the troops but not the war? Or some other nonsensical contradiction in terms, yes?

Captcha: egg on
Well if my father was a soldier who had to fight in a war, and I didn't agree with the war then I should tell him to fuck off? The government declares wars, it's not the soldier's decision to go into combat. Similarly if you go to a resturant and hate the decor, but go for the food, then you would be going for the food. It's a similar situation with consoles, if you like the games then you play them. Nothing says you have to enjoy what you play them on.

OT: MAYBE! On one hand, family sharing seems amazing. On the other, as a core gamer, the DRM rubs me the wrong way. So i don't know.

PS: These Miller ads are fucking insufferable!

roguewriter

May 9, 2011
Caught this late but: I am. Just one unit for myself. United States. Honestly, I don't have a problem with what Microsoft is doing because I understand the why of it. It's a pain for anyone without a constant web connection, no doubt. But for most gamers I think that's a really small percentage. Other than the Web Connection issue, I think most people are being incredibly childish or paranoid about everything else.

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
Tradias said:
I don't know if I count. Personally, I'm waiting for someone to tear open the case and find a way to shut off that damn mic/camera and still have it work. If it can be done safely, I'll purchase it for some of the titles.
i know how to do it. step 1: get black duct tape. step 2: get that calk stuff carpenters use to seal things. step 3: place black duct tape over camera lens. step 4. calk the shit out of the mic. blamo. kinect is not an issue anymore.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
xDarc said:
They could stop making games entirely for anything but xbox one and I still wouldn't buy it. I would go outside.
You know xDarc? I never agree with anything I have ever seen you post. This one time, however, is the exception. I agree wholeheartedly. Likely not for the same reasons (you are likely concerned about being spied on, I am concerned about consumer rights and the loss of first sale), but still. I gladly endorse this statement.

gamefreakbsp

Sep 27, 2009
I will never be buying an Xbox One with the policies they are implementing. If I buy a new system, which I think I shall, it will be a Ps4. That and my computer will be my gaming tools. I am ashamed of Microsoft and I can't see how they think the good that will come from this strategy of theirs will outweigh the obvious bad.

cjspyres

Oct 12, 2011
It honestly makes me worry that people are still considering to buy this console. I mean, I respect their choice, but I just don't understand. Are the few good games worth the pain and invasion that will undoubtedly come in the future? And what about when you can't play your games anymore because Microsoft shut down the servers (Because we know how long they like to support their last-gen consoles)? And if that wasn't enough, two, I repeat, TWO Microsoft employees openly mocked their fans and criticizers for legitimate concerns. I just don't understand. Can anyone just explain to me how you can justify this?

Edit: I think it's pretty clear that I do not intend to every buy an Xbox One.

Karhukonna

Nov 3, 2010
I'm not gonna buy it, to be honest. It's mostly just the money, though. I purchased a PS3 for the exclusives, and it was cool you could play online without paying. I recently upgraded to PlayStation Plus, and I had been missing out, I tell ya.

The X360 exclusives simply didn't have enough oomph in them to ever make me want to buy a second gaming system. Had they been released on the PS3, I would've bought them, surely enough.

And here it comes down to me voting with my wallet. Shady DRM is really the number one cause. The other, really, is just my personal preference of Sony. Yeah, brand loyalty, pretty much.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
I'm actually shocked that over 100 people say they will on this site alone o.o

I really want this thing to crash and burn, just so Sony and Nintendo never once consider Microsofts decisions as anything short of dangerously irrational and insane. If they ever go down this route, I'll just stop playing games entirely.

Aikayai

May 31, 2011
Such a shame Microsoft have all that money to buy exclusive rights to titles but I can't see their console selling. If I had to pick one, it'd be the PS4. I think after bad sales most games would be ported to the PS4 anyway. Still, I'll have neither since The Division is now coming to PC (unconfirmed but the rumors are strong) I don't see the point in either since you can build an entry level gaming PC for less than an Xbone, or have a good upgrade for the same.

Still, anyone who thinks the DRM stuff isn't a big deal, look at EA and the launch of SimCity. That will be your gaming lives. Don't force that on yourself.

Apr 24, 2008
So far they've made me an offer that I can refuse. So... no, probably not.

The PS4 is cool in theory. I'm looking at play.com pre-orders and the games are currently set at £60 a pop, and £55 on amazon... that's not gonna be the standard for the next era, right? I'm not paying that for a game.

Samos205

Dec 14, 2011
Country
New Zealand
Tarcolt said:
Dark Knifer said:
Oniontears said:
Oniontears said:
I shudder to think what the Aussie cost is gonna be like :(
It's going to be $600 Australian PS4 about $550

Xbox is confirmed from retailers and microsoft and sony confirmed their price.

OT: No, I'm not getting an xbone.
And this is why I wont be buying either of them, this as well as costs for games, internet etc, Its just not fucking worth it. I thought the US price was high and now... this^. I don't know what reasons the "satan-box"(thankyou 9thRequiem) is going to give people to buy it but unless it prints money, has boobs or does my laundry, Not. Gonna. Happen. Savvy?
Dude, that's cheap. In new-zealand the PS4 costs $649 and the Xbox one costs $748.

Samos205

Dec 14, 2011
Country
New Zealand
Tarcolt said:
Dark Knifer said:
Oniontears said:
Oniontears said:
I shudder to think what the Aussie cost is gonna be like :(
It's going to be $600 Australian PS4 about $550

Xbox is confirmed from retailers and microsoft and sony confirmed their price.

OT: No, I'm not getting an xbone.
And this is why I wont be buying either of them, this as well as costs for games, internet etc, Its just not fucking worth it. I thought the US price was high and now... this^. I don't know what reasons the "satan-box"(thankyou 9thRequiem) is going to give people to buy it but unless it prints money, has boobs or does my laundry, Not. Gonna. Happen. Savvy?
Dude, that's cheap. In new-zealand the PS4 costs $649 and the Xbox one costs $748.

redhatman

Sep 20, 2012
Moth_Monk said:
redhatman said:
I am probably going to get it but for the games only, not the console.
Rather like supporting the troops but not the war? Or some other nonsensical contradiction in terms, yes?

Captcha: egg on
I don't really see it as a contradiction. If the games i wanted all came out on ps4 as well i would buy it in a heart beat.

so-it-goes

Jun 16, 2013
UK.

I'll be getting the PS4. I've had an Xbox 360 since day one and a PS3 for 2 years. I've been upset with Microsoft since they released the Kinect. Their E3 conference was the final nail in the coffin.

Cloudydays

Apr 17, 2013
9thRequiem said:
1 - You don't need the disc to play games. This means that a) I can be lazy (Woo!), and b) I can store my games elsewhere (Space in that room is a premium)
And if you ever lose the discs, you've still got the game.
Though then it just means that the discs itself are useless after installing other than just for show I suppose.
You could throw them away and it wouldn't mean a thing!
Now that's a weird thought..

EstrogenicMuscle

Sep 7, 2012
Wel obvusly im hear 4 da bes systum pls3 kil there branb.
Soni wus alway carp. i stik w 360 no i stic w xbxox on.^^
tis vid explan y soni fal an mcosft is bets. prod xbxox.

Are you crazy. I'm not even going to go in the same room as an XBOX One. I didn't even like the 360 even though I begrudgingly bought one for games like Tales of Vesperia. The XBOX One offers absolutely no benefit to me, whatsoever. And I just hope that not many people actually buy the system. It would send the worst message to the gaming industry if it sold.