Poll: Who is looking Forward to Brink?

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Xzi said:
Squilookle said:
I still don't get why everyone's so hyped about it. I'm not trying to hate- I actually wish someone could tell me why it's so good to get me excited too. The inclusion of bots already has me half sold, and Mirror's Edge controls sounds interesting... but is there anything else that makes it so 'wow'?
Well you missed the limitless character/class/weapon customization and objective-based gameplay (ala Team Fortress 2). Obviously it's a shooter, so again, there's only so much it can do different, but the things it does do different warrant a positive reaction. Shooters have been moving backwards as of late in terms of returning us to the simple deathmatch-style gameplay, and this puts the genre back on the track to innovation and forward-thinking.
Well OK, that's good. But is there an alternative to Iron Sights? I.E. a way to zoom in slightly without your gun blocking off the bottom half of the screen? Also is getting 'incapacitated' a togglable option? It was by far the most maddeningly annoying thing about BF2, and something no old-school arena deathmatcher would dream of including.

strangeotron said:
It's more to do with the devs attitude to the genre. They have gone out their way to say al the right things about what a fps experience should dekliver, rather than parrot the usual pro-killstreak crap. This game looks good...but every online game i've played over the last year has not worked properly, and this game is p2p on consoles. I doubt there will be a demo, but this game looks good to me.
Well yeah, but wasn't Bulletstorm all about the exact same thing? Why would this fare any better than that?

Lacsapix

Apr 16, 2010
Zhukov said:
Meh.

It's a shooter. You shoot people. With a gun. Again.

If I do get it, it's only because there's nothing genuinely good coming out for a few months.
agree, all multiplayer shooters are (almost) the same.
I guess I'm going to play some TF2.

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
Squilookle said:
Xzi said:
Squilookle said:
I still don't get why everyone's so hyped about it. I'm not trying to hate- I actually wish someone could tell me why it's so good to get me excited too. The inclusion of bots already has me half sold, and Mirror's Edge controls sounds interesting... but is there anything else that makes it so 'wow'?
Well you missed the limitless character/class/weapon customization and objective-based gameplay (ala Team Fortress 2). Obviously it's a shooter, so again, there's only so much it can do different, but the things it does do different warrant a positive reaction. Shooters have been moving backwards as of late in terms of returning us to the simple deathmatch-style gameplay, and this puts the genre back on the track to innovation and forward-thinking.
Well OK, that's good. But is there an alternative to Iron Sights? I.E. a way to zoom in slightly without your gun blocking off the bottom half of the screen? Also is getting 'incapacitated' a togglable option? It was by far the most maddeningly annoying thing about BF2, and something no old-school arena deathmatcher would dream of including.

strangeotron said:
It's more to do with the devs attitude to the genre. They have gone out their way to say al the right things about what a fps experience should dekliver, rather than parrot the usual pro-killstreak crap. This game looks good...but every online game i've played over the last year has not worked properly, and this game is p2p on consoles. I doubt there will be a demo, but this game looks good to me.
Well yeah, but wasn't Bulletstorm all about the exact same thing? Why would this fare any better than that?
Squilookle said:
Xzi said:
Squilookle said:

strangeotron said:
I think that being incapacitated is mandatory, but you can choose whether or not you want to wait to be revived or respawn while incapacitated.

Rayken15

Jan 10, 2011
Well, as there's no "Not interested" option I'll be in space. There's just so much space in space.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
I pretty much forgot this game even existed. Looks good though, might wait for the price drop when it's released.

Optimus Hagrid

Feb 14, 2009
Trezu said:
Bethesda FTW
Actually, this game is being developed by Splash Damage. If you come to like Brink, or if you want something to play in the game, you should download their free Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, which may be one of the best games ever made.

Quake Wars is also another absolutely brilliant game, though I wouldn't bother with the console versions. Not being an elitist but there are some FPSes which are designed with the mouse + keyboard in mind.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
I've had it pre-ordered for about a year now. I've been looking forward to this way more than Skyrim or anything.

P.S. Security Mid-weight medic, reporting in!

NicoDK

Sep 21, 2009
I pre-ordred it after i found a damn good deal, but i am still kind of sceptical.

The recent vidoes they've released all reffer to console controls, giving me all the more reason to belive it'll be a port.
Even though i've been told the main focus is the pc, i find it hard to belive.

Jun 11, 2008
At around 2:40 and 4:20 it shows a very very very generous aim assist. Is this not basically the same gameplay as Quake Wars? I can definitely see that aim assist being a problem on console versions.

Doowoo

Feb 15, 2010
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory was OK.... but the was living off the success of the previously released Return to castle wolfenstein wich i actually prefered. In my opinion Quake Wars is one of the worst MP fps games ever released.

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
Likely getting it - shame it comes out on the day of my 2nd exam though -.-

Most likely going to be security but still dabble in some resistance (double agent all the way across the sky)

Favourite class will likely be engineer/medic

NathLines

May 23, 2010
I'm not looking forward to it. I've been following news on it but it never interests me enough. Sure, customization and being able to choose your build and guns is pretty neat, but gameplay just looks meh. I have not seen any of this "free movement" they're talking about. Being able to grab ledges isn't something that makes me jump in excitement.

WaffleCopters

Dec 13, 2009
Glademaster said:
At around 2:40 and 4:20 it shows a very very very generous aim assist. Is this not basically the same gameplay as Quake Wars? I can definitely see that aim assist being a problem on console versions.
in the video of the main post? no, not really that much autoaim, not nearly as much as other shooters anyway. probably just not so good hitboxes at the time.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
AverageJoe said:
Depends how the singleplayer is.. Waiting on reviews personaly
There is no Single Player and Multiplayer

its like lets say your playing a level people around the world can join in your game and fight with you or against you. kinda of like Demon's Soul's mixed with Mindjack

but i guess you cud sign off and just fight NPC's but wheres the fun in that

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
AverageJoe said:
Depends how the singleplayer is.. Waiting on reviews personaly
I dont think it really is single player..I dont know but from what I hear its not liek "songle player campgn" then multiplayer

anyway not a bad thing...if you going to do one or the other then you might as well focus on doing one thing right

It does look very interesting how ever because of my internet limits I dont do multiplayer often...mabye when I grind down my back log providing the multiplyer isnt dead by then

I am a little disapointed with no female avatars but ehhh what are you going to do?

ObsessiveSketch

Nov 6, 2009
After looking at the videos since last year's E3, I think I'll probably give it a shot once the price drops and/or there's good deal on Steam. Hopefully the port won't be too bad, and it looks more varied and interesting than Hat Fortress 2.

Jun 11, 2008
WaffleCopters said:
Glademaster said:
in the video of the main post? no, not really that much autoaim, not nearly as much as other shooters anyway. probably just not so good hitboxes at the time.
Well I don't play many console shooters and when I do I turn auto aim off but from here it does look quite generous. Then again as I said I don't play console shooters so I might be wrong on a general level but when I see a cross hair physically jump to a target it is too much.