Poll: Who is the best Assassin?

Chaos-Spider

Dec 18, 2009
Lolth17 said:
Snarky Username said:
Ezio because he had a personality and some character development.

Not just "I used to be an insensitive douche. Now I'm a slightly less insensitive douche"
To be honest with you, that's kinda why I liked Altair.

No whining, no crying, no goofy stares every time he passes a female.

Also:
He not only found a hot Templar chick, he knocked her up. Gotta give the man props for that.
Wait...What? When does That happen in Assassin's Creed 1?

OT: I can't remember where we were going with wetboys, but I'm going to say that Durzo Blint was the best of those. As for Assassins, I'm going to say that Kenshin Himura and Altair (AC1) are some of the best mentioned.

I am then going to be a complete M:TG nerd and mention Kiku Nihgt's flower for this thread as well.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
The Spy from Team Fortress 2.

"The Spy has already breached our defenses, You have seen what he has done to our colleges, and worst of all. He could be ANY one of us"
- The Spy, on The Spy

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
captaincabbage said:
Altair, I choose you!! (sry, been playing waaay to much pokemon)

Other than Altiar, It'd have to be Rikimaru, from the Tenchu: Stealth Assassin games on PS1 and 2. He was bad-arse, looked the part and was super deadly. What's not to love??

I still maintain that it's the best ninja game around, tho we need a new one badly, because I don't want to have to go to a 12 year old game to be a proper ninja.
I tuned out on ninja's in games since they started wearing safety orange.
If you wouldn't have mentioned Rikimaru...then I sure as hell would've.

IMO the first two games need a next gen remake/ reimagining.

What did you think of Wrath of Heaven (PS2) by the way?

Mr Pantomime

Jul 10, 2010
47. But I always hated it in Hitman: Blood Money when id make a kill look like an accident, and the paper would still say there was a killer

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Manji187 said:
captaincabbage said:
Altair, I choose you!! (sry, been playing waaay to much pokemon)

Other than Altiar, It'd have to be Rikimaru, from the Tenchu: Stealth Assassin games on PS1 and 2. He was bad-arse, looked the part and was super deadly. What's not to love??

I still maintain that it's the best ninja game around, tho we need a new one badly, because I don't want to have to go to a 12 year old game to be a proper ninja.
I tuned out on ninja's in games since they started wearing safety orange.
If you wouldn't have mentioned Rikimaru...then I sure as hell would've.

IMO the first two games need a next gen remake/ reimagining.

What did you think of Wrath of Heaven (PS2) by the way?
lol I thought Wrath of Heaven was awesome, personally, tho that's only because my copies of Stealth Assassins and Birth of the Assassins on PS1 were both busted, so it was the best* (*Rwad: Only) ninja game I could get my hands on which was any good at all.

IMO if anything, Ubisoft should make a next gen ninja game and I've already expressed this on a number of threads at the Escapist, but just the thought of how much effort they'd put into it, both historically detailing the wgameworld and the quality/amount of gameplay you'd get from a ninja game made by Ubisoft Montreal is just gargantuan.
Why is it not happening now?? Oh yeah, because they're currently making distributing Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood/Assassin's Creed 3. The onyl stealth game to date that lacks a crouch button.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
47, he can kill his targets from longer range because he has a sniper. (and other modern weaponry)
He can kill anyone, anywhere and anytime without anyone ever noticing and take their place.

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
Nova from starcraft. She can literally turn invisible, She has a silenced sniper rifle and she can control peoples minds.

Lolth17

Queen of the Underdark
Nov 10, 2009
Chaos-Spider said:
Lolth17 said:
Snarky Username said:
To be honest with you, that's kinda why I liked Altair.

No whining, no crying, no goofy stares every time he passes a female.

Also:
He not only found a hot Templar chick, he knocked her up. Gotta give the man props for that.
Wait...What? When does That happen in Assassin's Creed 1?
Doesn't. Happens in AC2.

NooNameLeft

Sep 15, 2009
Nieroshai said:
I'd say Ezio wins in the AC universe, because Altair was a better-than-average Masyaf assassin who just so happened to be resistant to the Apple, but Ezio was in truth the most skillful by the end(and actually knew how to swim) and could do anything Altair could and then some. That and Ezio is just COOL! As for the main from Hitman, never played the series. Sorry.
You do realise that Altair is known as one of the best Assassins of all time?
Anyway my vote go to the tf2 Spy.

HarmanSmith

Aug 12, 2009
Thane Krios. He's like a futuristic 47, but with a relatable personality, perfect memory, and a sweet prayer. So, he's like 47, but better in every way. Ezio and Altair? They don't have sniper rifles.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
For the 'realistic' assassin:
I almost said Ezio because he has more gadgets to play with but then I thought, why not Sam Fisher?

For the unrealistic assassin:
Starkiller from the force unleashed.
"Oh, you're sending an AT-ST after me? Ok, I'll just jump onto its head and do a backflip off of it, land 20 ft away, sprint under it and jump up with such force that I cut it in half and push it down to the ground in a crumpled heap."

Amerikhan

Sep 2, 2010
47 by miles. If he went up against Ezio or Altair they'd have a bullet cavity in the side of their head before they ever got a chance to do a wicked awsum jump liekomg.

Jaded Scribe

Mar 29, 2010
Since the title left me thinking of Assassin's Creed, I limited my choice between Ezio and Altair. While I loved both games, I think Ezio is by far better.

Altair was 2-dimensional, had a bad habit of monologing after each and every assassination, and despite being incredibly athletic, and wearing very light armor, if he landed in water, he couldn't even manage a dog-paddle back to shore.

Ezio has a richer character development, doesn't monologue as much, and doesn't sink like a stone.