Poll: Who wants a Red Dead Redemption 2?

DreamerM

Feb 28, 2008
Considering how much success Rockstar had, there is no way that there isn't another Red Dead in development as we speak. And I understand that John Marston will probably not be returning. His story is done. Blessed are the Peacemakers.

Doesn't change those rediculous things we call "emotions" that refuse to listen to reason. I just bought the Undead Nightmare pack, and I was stunned that playing as John again was like reuniting with an old friend, finding he hasn't changed a bit and you somehow like him even more then you remember.

John Marston isn't coming back, can't come back, shouldn't come back.... but I still dream, ya know?

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
Yes, in the sense that I want another game from the franchise. No, to a direct sequel. RDR is not sequel material. That's what made the story so great.

Same (but improved gameplay) on a different map with different characters and a different plot and I'd pre=order that. Especially if they iron out the things that RDR never quite pulled off.

Mr. Mike

Mar 24, 2010
DustyDrB said:
Red Dead Redemption is one of my all-time favorites, but that story is over. You can do a western, but not a sequel. I'd prefer Rockstar make a pirate game, though. Their penchant for characters with a dirty appearance and a dirtier soul is a perfect fit for it.
This. This so so so so so so so much. There are no good pirate games, and given that Rockstar makes awesome open-world games with great graphics and gritty characters, there is absolutely zero reason this shouldn't be made.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
DO WANT.

New characters, though. Maybe make it a fun/cameo twist, like you play the grown up newspaper boy from the beginning, who was inspired by tales about gunslingers like Marston and Landon Ricketts that he read in his trade... enough to try and keep the faith and the west alive himself.

Just something to tie it together loosely enough to be a seperate story, but with a nice tiny throwback to the previous game.

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
Don't really know how they could do a direct sequel to RDR, but I wouldn't mind some DLC containing Jack's own story. He kinda became an outlaw at the end, so maybe he could form his own posse and do something awesome?

SpaceArcader

Mar 2, 2011
DustyDrB said:
Red Dead Redemption is one of my all-time favorites, but that story is over. You can do a western, but not a sequel. I'd prefer Rockstar make a pirate game, though. Their penchant for characters with a dirty appearance and a dirtier soul is a perfect fit for it.
I totally agree with you here. Rockstar and Team Bondi have been creating LA Noire and tha just looks like an instant buy. We just need new experiences I think not new franchises.

jowo96

Jan 14, 2010
I would never say never but there really doesn't need to be another Red Dead game for quite a while I'm hoping that Rockstar keeps trying new things like LA Noire (Although I still want Max Payne 3)

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
RDR was set at the end of the Wild West so the best way to follow up would be with a prequel. The main character could be a Tommy Vercetti-esqe badass who just wants to climb to the top and lord it over the common folk.

The Floating Nose

Dec 5, 2010
No...no no no no keep a sequel away from this game. There is too much sequels today so if Rockstar can keep a sequel away from Red Dead Redemption i hope they will. Because every game that sells well today gets automatically a sequel if Rockstar game can break the mold i hope they will.

SyphonX

Coffee Bandit
Mar 22, 2009
binvjoh said:
I would like a PC version of the original first.

Please? Pretty please?
This.

Higher resolutions, anti-aliasing, texture packs, mods.. and then, I will consider a sequel.

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
A prequel would be nice. Maybe something set before the civil war with Indians and stuff. I know it would spark controversy just because it's a video game and you could kill Indians but when did controversy stop Rockstar? I say they should go for it.

But as wise men before me have said - PC version first!

notebook_holder

Apr 16, 2009
I think a second Red Dead wouldn't be a bad idea... But it would be more of the same ol same ol. Add some new features (if you can) to spice it a little.