Poll: Why do you (not) eat meat?

RaffB

Jul 22, 2008
Same reason I eat any type of food....it tastes nice..

Although I will draw a line if the preparation/collection of said food is guaranteed to cause suffering to the animal i.e. foi gras..

Luke3184

Jun 4, 2011
Aris Khandr" post="18.352228.13956522 said:
Because it is tasty. Why do I eat anything? I like how it tastes when I put it into my mouth.[/quote

This

And

Giggity

And

I've always found vegitarianism to be pointless, milk still results in the death of animal etc etc.

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
I'm a vegetarian because I dislike eating meat. There is no moral reason at all. I have nothing against anyone who does eat meat.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Sightless Wisdom said:
I eat meat because it's easier to have a balanced diet when including protein and iron from meats. Additionally they are delicious and provide many options for meals. That's all there is to it really.
This, besides, why the hell not? Animals eat animals and we are no better, well perhaps a little smarter.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Red meat makes me sick in what I've been told is a condition similar to lactose intolerance.

I eat fish and poultry occasionally, but their similarities to something that makes me sick....

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Because Cows are stupid and deserve to be eaten.

I like meat, I like the taste of it and don't feel bad eating it.
I do go out of my way to by free-range and Organic Meat though as it's better quality and I like to think the Animal was looked after properly.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
I eat it because it's a good source of protein and minerals that you can't really get in non-animal products. Plus, I'm an omnivore as nature intended. It's kind of an essential thing. I would say I eat more fruits and vegetables though.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Because it feels good to sink your teeth into some juicy animal flesh. Humans are supposed to be omnivores, no doubt about it.

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
craftomega said:
Soods said:
Greetings humans. Today I would simply like to know, why do you eat meat? And if you do not eat meat, you can tell why not.

I do not eat meat because I believe it is harmful for the environment. And I hate the greasy taste it leaves in my mouth. Also: "Look at me! I'm so hipster for not eating meat!"

Now your turn!
How is it harmful to our environment, did you even take basic biology?

Dead is a natrual part of life and natrual selection, humans have been eating meat for as long as the species has existed.

If an entire kindom of living creaters specializes in breaking down dead things, and a many other animals who have been eating meat for millions of years existed, how can it be harful to the environment?
Right off the top of my head:
1) Mass-producing meat leads to massive increases in pollution which is bad for the environment (multiple sources)
2) Moving meat from where it is raised to where it is eaten removes the nutrients of the original ecosystem (not as valid a point for most 1st world countries, but still for some)
3) Meat is less energy efficient, in that eating a kilo of meat will give you less energy than a kilo of corn.

As for the OP: I like meat. I see no reason to stop. Its a valid food source and like it or not we are what we are now as humans because of our carnivorous nature. If you don't want to eat your pigs I will gladly take them.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Well, aside from it tasting good...I doubt I'd properly survive without it.

Within a few days of no meat, I become ridiculously tired and I will snap at almost anything. Why? Who knows.

krellen

Unrepentant Obsidian Fanboy
Jan 23, 2009
I eat meat because I don't want to be responsible for the extinction of cows, pigs, chickens and other domesticated food animals. If we did not eat them, they would be gone.

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
Well, in short I love meat. I don't try to justify it by being an omnivore, or protein/iron intake, nor do I need some ethical vegan educating me on how it's bad for environment and how poor old Bessy #246 suffers.
I tried vegetarian dishes, and I think they're delicious, but ultimately I enjoy variety. Also, being raised in a coastal city I'd find it very difficult to give up seafood.

KiKiweaky

Aug 29, 2008
I eat meat and I enjoy it.

I can understand why somebody wouldnt want to eat it though, I mean have you ever seen a slaughterhouse? Pretty grim stuff it must be said :|

StrixMaxima

Sep 8, 2008
Like others have stated, we are omnivores by nature. Meat has a huge role on why we became humans in the first place.

Besides the evolutionary and sociocultural reasons, meat is nourishing and delicious. It clicks that ancient button deep inside our reptilian brain which means because of this mouthful, you'll be able to live another day.

Meat has amazing texture and depth. You can make amazing dishes using it. So, i choose not to suppress my inner carnivore, and I eat meat, in small, very rare cuts, almost every day.

In a meal, balance is everything. And, for a perfect meal, meat IS required. You can substitute it, surely, but not with the same nutritional qualities. Lean cuts of meat are very healthy, despite what some rabid groups say.

Finally, if you overeat meat, you are insane.

Mar 9, 2010
I eat meat because it's stupid not to. Okay, I'll give you that you might not like the taste but I find it hard to believe you can't find a single variant that doesn't suit your pallet.

Fuck ethics, they're all bullshit anyway. There are more pressing matters regarding the environment that I don't give a shit about to consider the impact of me eating meat.