Poll: Why do you swear/curse?

Xcelsior

Jun 3, 2009
I tend to swear when I'm really pissed off, although I've come to notice that I have quite the potty mouth and am now trying to actively change that.

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
I don't ever. In my opinion swearing is just poor diction, indicating a limited vocabulary. Unless of course you have just suffered physical trauma.

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
i just feel like it

i hate it when people over react to cursing, they act like they caught me killing a kitten. it's just words, so why is it such a bad thing? if it really offends people, they can go live their sheltered life somewhere else cause i won't stop just because they don't like it. right to free speech *****.

open trap

Feb 26, 2009
I swear because it adds a bit more meening to it, if i yell crap does i t sound as serious as me yelling shit.

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
When I get worked up.

That can mean angry, estatic, or having rather pleasurable things happening upon my person while eating pudding.

The Arc of Eden

Jun 7, 2010
It helps the comedy. And just like any other "Extreme" words their use makes something normal into something incredulous.

(some of)My friends and I challenge ourselves to come up with uniques combo's and generally hurtful phrases.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
To prove a point. Nothing is wrong with cursing. I curse with someone to goad someone into telling me to stop. I then enter an argument with them which I end up winning and go home happy.

imagremlin

Nov 19, 2007
A professor of mine used to say that swearing does have a legitimate place in language. Say you get out of bed in the middle of the night, fumbling along, half asleep, in the dark, you hit the door frame with your pinky toe. That's what swearing is for. There is no other construct in the language to cover the situation.

General Recluse

Aug 21, 2009
I just do, Like really theres no other reason, its used for enhancment and it works.

I went to a party, Reaction of listener:thats nice
I went to a fuckin party, Reaction: this guy had fun

although I try not to in public

Eumersian

Posting in the wrong thread.
Sep 3, 2009
More often than not, because I think it's funny. I'm never ever serious about stuff, but sometimes I do get angry, which is when I make parents hide their children due to the fruitful variety of words I use.

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Anger or comedic effect. I have noticed if you swear in a joke, it probably makes it much funnier, but also depends on the way it is said. However, I really swear when I am angry.

Rune342

Aug 26, 2008
I don't curse. I feel that I can say what I need to say with enough meaning, even without cursing.