Poll: Why do you swear?

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
I used to swear a lot, as in every other sentence involved some sort of swear word. But I've grown up since then and I've found myself swearing only when either joking with friends or if I'm seriously annoyed they tend to slip out.
I don't really see the point in using swear words for emphasis if anything I find it has a detrimental effect to your argument and I tend to either not pay much attention to people like that or build up an idea about them that is less than pleasant.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
no oneder said:
My option wasn't in the poll.

I'm guessing it's an age thing to swear. It makes me feel adult.
Really, because I find that swearing all the time is immature, thats why the kids on x-box live are so annoying. In fact I when I was in middle school I was very unpopular and someone told me one of the main reasons was because I didn't swear enough. Swearing is very immature.

Blindswordmaster

Dec 28, 2009
Because I can *****! I mostly curse when I'm pissed, which is all the time, when I'm trying to make a point, or as an explicative.

pwnzerstick

Mar 25, 2009
Because I like to imagine that if I yell loud enough and use harsh language right in someones face, then it well blast their hair back and peel the skin off their face.

cyber_andyy

Dec 31, 2008
I swear to add emphasis. If im honest however, I can't fathom the reason behind why you cannot use a certain word, so I don't really care if I swear or other people do.

Hessmn212

Apr 16, 2010
I swear when someone or something pisses me right off. Sometimes I'll just swear as much as I can in one sentence just for fun.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I don't swear regularly.

I only swear when I'm furious (I rarely get really angry) and when I've hurt myself in a stupid manner. Usually when a hammer is involved.

I have been known to swear around friends who swear a lot but I'm far more restrained than they are.

no oneder

Jul 11, 2010
drisky said:
no oneder said:
My option wasn't in the poll.

I'm guessing it's an age thing to swear. It makes me feel adult.
Really, because I find that swearing all the time is immature, thats why the kids on x-box live are so annoying. In fact I when I was in middle school I was very unpopular and someone told me one of the main reasons was because I didn't swear enough. Swearing is very immature.
You maybe see it as immature because you're older. You have gotten to an age when everything is too loud, and too fast and you have to be at bed early so you can't die in your sleep, and you have to use chairlifts, walkers.

Basically Abe Simpson actually.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
I swear when I feel like it, when my mind dictates that it's the most accurate method for me to express myself at a given point.

Hurray Forums

Jun 4, 2008
I don't cuss in real life, though I do online at some times, usually for emphasis. I blame the internet for being a bad influence and turning me into a potty mouth.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Because in all reality, there's actually "Nothing" wrong with words... Any of them! There is no bad voodoo behind the words. We only see them as bad because our parents punished us or told us it was wrong when we were younger. So we live the rest of our lives with this strange feeling that these words are evil, whether we use them or not.