Poll: Why isn't Australia in any shooters?

Danceofmasks

Jul 16, 2010
Bobic said:
Give me a couple of months and I'll have released 'Kangaroo hunter 3000'. Patience is all that is required.
I'd totally play Kangaroo Hunter 3000.

No other country has its national animal run rampant in plague proportions, and subsequently has a bunch of hunters cull them.

Then there are the restaurants that sell Kangaroo dishes.
Red meat with extremely low fat content!

See this thing on the back of our coins?
Yeah, we shoot and eat them. Also, we had a prime minister put his hand on the Queen's lower back.

Classy, eh?

jordz0005

Mar 18, 2011
Quote from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas "The US government is threatening to bomb Australia, despite scientific proof; it wasn't they're fault."

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
To put it simply, nothing really happens in Australia. No offense, they just don't ruffle any feathers, it's a compliment really.

Omgsarge

May 11, 2009
zHellas said:
[quote="Zekksta" post="9.281494.11019653"

Yeah, but compare the size of America to other nations. The dialects might differ slightly for Germany or Italy from town to town, but with how far apart some regions are to each other, it's like speaking another whole language.

tl;dr version: Because the U.S. is bigger in landmass (hopefully that's the right term), the dialects differ much more from each region.
*Correction mode active*

I'll have you know, from my own experience, that there are a wide variety of different German and Italian dialects (or in Europe, for that matter), many of them having contrasting pronunciations and words not found in other accents from that country. So much so, that it can be very difficult to understand the speaker if you don't know anything about the accent that he speaks. The degree of how different local accents are from one another doesn't necessary have anything to do with the space inhabited by a group of people. A great deal of factors are involved in the forming of an accent and a big landmass can influence that but its not the only factor by far.
My grandmother has a very thick Bavarian accent and I have often found it difficult to understand what she is saying (and not because she is old).

*Correction mode off*

DefinitelyPsychotic

Apr 21, 2011
PunkRex said:
You can say the same thing about alot of countires. I live in England and im quite surprised at how few games we feature in even though we've got alot to do with American history. We aparently make a few preatty bad ass cameos in COD but I never played them. Were the bad guys sometimes which is cool but often its not stated whether theyre English or just posh.
No you don't. You've got nothing to do with American history. In 1776 we declared our independence from you and started our own country. You've had nothing to do with our history since then.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
DefinitelyPsychotic said:
PunkRex said:
You can say the same thing about alot of countires. I live in England and im quite surprised at how few games we feature in even though we've got alot to do with American history. We aparently make a few preatty bad ass cameos in COD but I never played them. Were the bad guys sometimes which is cool but often its not stated whether theyre English or just posh.
No you don't. You've got nothing to do with American history. In 1776 we declared our independence from you and started our own country. You've had nothing to do with our history since then.
Calm down yankie, I dint mean nutin. Im just talking about stuff like conspiracies and the founding of said country in general. Not to mention the general relationship of our two countries since your independance, what with all the wars.

DefinitelyPsychotic

Apr 21, 2011
PunkRex said:
PunkRex said:
Calm down yankie, I dint mean nutin. Im just talking about stuff like conspiracies and the founding of said country in general. Not to mention the general relationship of our two countries since your independance, what with all the wars.
Fact #1, George Washington is the father of my country
Fact #2, Christopher Columbus "found" America.

And please don't call me a Yankee. I am called an American. I'm not mad, therefore I don't need to "calm down". I just don't like when people try to rewrite history. Also, our country's relationship as allies has been long and prosperous. Because of this, we should be careful about how we speak of the other.

God Bless America, and God Save the Queen!

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Also, our country's relationship as allies has been long and prosperous. Because of this, we should be careful about how we speak of the other.

This can't be serious. And don't say God Save the Queen, no one takes it seriously (especially not the Aussies). Why do Americans even say God Save America anyway? You don't have an official religion, and you have a constitution that should guarantee government secularism.

OT: I dunno, what's interesting about Australia? The country's on the arse end of nowhere, they don't seem to have any "enemies", etc. etc.

DefinitelyPsychotic

Apr 21, 2011
Woodsey said:
Also, our country's relationship as allies has been long and prosperous. Because of this, we should be careful about how we speak of the other.

This can't be serious. And don't say God Save the Queen, no one takes it seriously (especially not the Aussies). Why do Americans even say God Save America anyway? You don't have an official religion, and you have a constitution that should guarantee government secularism.
You've never lived one day as an American. You've lived your whole life under the crown, so how could you possibly think that you know anything about living in my country, other than the few things that you may read in the newspaper or watch on TV.

And it is not "God Save America" it is "God Bless America". And we don't have to have an official religion to say that.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Woodsey said:

You've never lived one day as an American. You've lived your whole life under the crown, so how could you possibly think that you know anything about living in my country, other than the few things that you may read in the newspaper or watch on TV.

And it is not "God Save America" it is "God Bless America". And we don't have to have an official religion to say that.

The point is, when you have a secular government guaranteed by a constitution (and no official religion), why is the motto (well, not motto, but its batted about a lot by public figures) of your country "God Bless America"? And I mention the lack of an official religion because it implies that you do have one, and that your government is governed by one (I mean, why is the President saying it?!).

And I don't know why you're babbling on about American life, I didn't mention it. Nor did I mention "living under the crown" (you seem to take that a tad too seriously).

"I'm Definitely Psychotic "

No comment.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
PunkRex said:
PunkRex said:
Fact #1, George Washington is the father of my country
Fact #2, Christopher Columbus "found" America.

And please don't call me a Yankee. I am called an American. I'm not mad, therefore I don't need to "calm down". I just don't like when people try to rewrite history. Also, our country's relationship as allies has been long and prosperous. Because of this, we should be careful about how we speak of the other.

Well if you want to get technical, it was the Vikings who first discovered it in the sea faring sense landing in Canada and North America and in fact North America was first settled in by what were most likly stone age nomads from Europe who went up through Russia and across the ice seas. What I was refering to were the first settlers from England. I cant remember where exactly it was but theres a pub up there named after the first ship. Its really cool because they have a ship manifest or something. Then theres all the French and Spanish who settled.

Sorry if Yankie is offensive.