Poll: Why you would survive a zombie apocalypse (and many others won't)

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
Wheres the "Will most likely die" poll?

Because if everyone answered truthfully, that'd be 100%

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
I don't think I'd survive a zombie apocalypse. I'd most likely "turtle up" at home, protecting my disabled aunt. Running out of food (which could take a while; do you have ANY idea of how much tomato soup we have stockpiled?) would likely be out downfall; the stores would likely be cleared out or infested by then, or the zombie horde would pierce our barricade before or during then.

Poomanchu745

Sep 11, 2009
jestertheork said:
I know in a zombie apocalypse, I'd survive quite well because I made my own plan, and observed other populare plans, then casually added those to my list of DON'T DO's. Why? Because if web site tells you to go to the mall, (because of food and weapons) everybody will, and then a non-undead war WILL break out. And others say go to the gunshop, but the first person to be there will likely be the one who owns it, and he's not gonna share the guns with you as much as hot lead.
Uve actually made a plan in case of a zombie apocalypse? Wow. Sorry to let you know you wasted ur time because zombies are imaginary.

leighjet

Jul 27, 2009
i probably wouldnt survive ..
do you know how hard it is to obtain a gun in australia lol

Yorgmiester

Feb 3, 2009
I'd say i have a good chance of surviving, because i have a very good plan: leave civilization, bring only a few people with you if you absolutely can not leave them behind (i.e. family, close friends, etc.), and head for my local mountain range, the Appalachians. From there we would go head north, always sticking to the wilderness and away from any potential zombies, or zombie-producing areas, until we hit Canada. Then we keep going north until either there is no more human life for hundreds of miles, or we can't deal with the temperature getting any colder. Any variation of this would work fine as long as it involves this basic theory:

(zombie) -------->(you) as fast as possible and as far as possible

:)

But on the second hand i don't have many survival skills, so i might not do well out in the woods. It would be better than getting eaten alive, though.

Connosaurus Rex

Jul 20, 2009
Going with Max brooks zombie survival guide zombies I'd take all our stoked up food and move it to the big old tower in the woods nearish to my house then bolt and barricade the 1 inch steel/metal door so no zombies could get in. I'd bring a latter since they can't climb and just use my bow and arrow and homemade arrows(I'm trying to learn to make them now) and fend off any zombies that come my way.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
IMO my best strategy would be to hole up in an abandoned multistory building(cleared of zombies first of course), destroy the first floor stairs and replace with rope ladders and manual cargo lift. Have an armed team scout the surrounding area for supplies and another team for retrieval.

jestertheork

Sep 1, 2009
making a zombie plan allows me to use what i know most (like weaponry and vehicles) though i know it would never happen, i enjoy the knowledge of having an opinion

Robert632

May 11, 2009
get a gun and enough ammo to sevice a small army, find a bow and some arrows to hunt animals(why waste my gun ammo, huh.) and hide in someplace near a forest or other places where animals live.

Fluffee

Aug 9, 2009
a Crowbar will save us. becuase its sturdy, can pry things open and hurts with a zombie face slams into it. And Leaving the city wont work, because all the other 30 million people in the city think the same thing, and 50,000,000 people trying to get out of a city at the same time will have a massive traffic jam The Zombie Buffet. so you die while we live and have fun.

LilGherkin

Aug 15, 2008
I'm thinking I get a sniper rifle get a cruise ship with plenty of food go a bit away from the coast, far enough so they can't get and kill in the down time.

Fluffee

Aug 9, 2009
wont work, if you arent killed by zombies on the way there youll be killed by the gun-weilding staff of the gun shop, because rednecks will do anything to save their guns, and no one that dosent have a long family history of Downs Syndrome and Tourettes should know that you do go up against 15 heavily armed, well trained marksmen with enough ammo to raid a south american coutry.

rampantcreature

sticky-fingered filcher
Apr 14, 2009
If I could, I'd steal a horse. Efficient if nervous transportation that will run like hell at the smell of the dead, and probably sense the zombies before I can. Oh course, this was more feasible when I went to college, as there was a stable on campus (women's college with a riding team), and not so easy now that I'm back home in an uber-populated city. Then again, I can always get a boat and get out of here.

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
I'd hit the grocery store then the gunshop before making my way outta town, now to find somewhere I can hole up and not worry about those damn pesky zombies!

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
I think all dudes between the age of 13 and 30 have a zombie survival plan. I got one, but it's more of a guideline then an actual set in stone procedure. I live only about a mile from one of those giant super "we have whatever you want inviolving the outdoors" sports stores, load up on guns and ammo and camping supplies. There are also a ton of car dealerships around here where I could get a vehicle if needed. Theres a few people I would gather on my way out of town, then off we go. Of course plans never go right when the zombies arrive so who knows.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I am too awesome, good looking and intelligent to die/be zombified. I would kill all the zombies in my path on the way to Brooklyn Naval Yard as zombies aren't known for being good swimmers.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
Meh, I'd leave the city, go somewhere remote and install some L4D style safehouse doors.