Poll: Will we ever be one planet?

Madcat75

May 7, 2010
Interesting question this, will we ever get rid of the countries we know and use the planets resources for the good of all the people on the planet and not for just a fortunate few who live in a certain part of the planet.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
I cannot see it myself: Humanity is just too far and too diverse. However, just because I cannot see it, does not make it true. It is very possible that Humanity will one day unite. I just cannot see it happen.

Dr. UBAR

Dec 24, 2008
Not until we find something else to fight, i.e. aliens. Or perhaps when humans colonize two planets.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Maybe once we discover alien life. Maybe.

Or when one country conquers the world of course.

Darkgoosey666

Jul 18, 2010
nope. As long as the countries have the opportunity to keep power, they will.

after a disaster then maybe. yeah i will put that.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Unless some muddafuckin aliens come down and become a universal enemy then yes.

Hopefully soon though because The Great Old Ones been asleep for a good while

TeeBs

Oct 9, 2010
I would say if global warming is as catostrophic as some people predict, then all countries will come together, and become one. After that though, the piece will end.

Jackalb

Dec 31, 2009
I'd like to think and hope that one day we will, I doubt in our lifetime but it would be nice.

oreopizza47

May 2, 2010
In the technical sense--my personal favorite sense--we are one planet, because we don't yet have humans colonizing any other planets.

From an ideological stance, we can never be one planet. This comes down to discrimination and prejudice, two things which we can never logically rid ourselves of. We lock onto something to hate abour everyone to make ourselves feel good, and that's a human trait I doubt we are getting rid of anytime soon.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
I can scarcely believe it. Too selfish.

There is something that we call teh 'too-far-from-my-bed-show' here in Holland. It's when someone doesn't, or better said, can't care for things that happen too far away from him.

And the world is a big place.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
Even after the buggers come along, we will still be fighting one another.

Cookie for reference.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Not when people are killing groups of people because of different beliefs, no.

No disaster, amazing event will ever unite people with the extremists who would rather die than see others live by different rules.

Hell I bet if Aliens came to earth, terrorists would suicide bomb them because they don't look human.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
Not until we find at least 1 other species or colonise another planet.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
No. For one thing, people don't want to lose their culture.

For another, the people that lead good lives would lose some quality of live if everyone was equal, and frankly they don't want to. The average human only has the capacity to picture 150 people as, well, people, (and therefore care about them) and that doesn't tend to include people they've never met in their life. Not everyone is like that, but the majority.