Poll: Will you upgrade immediatly?

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
... Erm.. well.. Erm.. you know if the PS4 would have an ass good launch list as Vita sure. But with the PS3 i did buy it at launch and to be fair the ps3 launch was barren. Here and there a good game but it was very barren! And it took around 2 years before the games finally poured in.

So really what is the game list at launch really!

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
I need to catch up to the PS3 first. From there, I'll wait for a year or two after they're all out and see which console is best.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
I'm not going to upgrade immediately. I might wait 3-6 months before I jump on the bandwagon, mostly because I want to avoid the extremely faulty hardware and by then there should be a small handful of games worth getting.

johnboy424

Apr 25, 2011
DuelLadyS said:
I don't start seriously considering adding a console to my collection without a minimum of 3 must-have titles (or six I'm very interested in.) At that point, I figure out the 'real cost'- becuase it's never just the system, it's the system and a game and maybe an extra controller/memory unit/standard accessory almost everything uses (I'm looking at you, nunchuk!). From there I figure out how affordable the system is for me, and if I should start saving or hunting for sales or just waiting on a price drop.

If the rumors about the new Xbox being anti-used end up true, I won't buy one at all. I LIKE my old systems. I still have an 8 bit Nintendo hooked up to my TV. They're aren't excactly piles of new games around for NES. Why invest in a system that's basically got a 'set shelf life'- oh, new games are out, you can't add to your collection anymore. It sounds awful, I hope it doesn't pan out.
I'm completely with you on that last part. I like to keep my systems long after their shelf-lives are over, so in effect no used games on the new XBox would prevent me from buying any games once they stop making new ones for it.

In general, I tend to wait 2-3 years until I buy a new console. I won't buy any new system until it has at least 5-6 exclusives that I really want to play. Anyway, I'm quite happy with my PS3 right now and there are still a ton of games for it that I want to play.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
I'm not "upgrading" until there are some good games for eighth-generation consoles. Unless there's a compelling reason to buy the PS4/X720/Wii-U, I won't be too fussed. Furthermore I only bought a replacement PS3 recently, gotta get my money's worth out of that too.

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
3DS took, what, 3 months to almost have its price cut in half? I'll wait until I see an exclusive game that I can't live without. Though I do ask a few things about them: are motion controls the standard or an add-on this time, if the former then why would you do this terrible thing, and since graphics have nearly reached a plateau will there be some innovative new forms of interfacing, gameplay, and storytelling going on?

That said, little aside to the developers of Kingdom Hearts 3: You missed an entire f*cking console generation. Release the game already. I don't care if the handhelds are being used to fill in past events, I don't own a handheld and you keep releasing them on different consoles. That's very annoying. Tangent done.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
It's very rarely worth it, but it depends entirely on the release. You never know what might come, would have liked a maybe option on the poll.

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
I see no reason to because my computer, if the leaked xbox specs are true, is years ahead of the next generation.

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
Well I only just upgraded my PS2 to a PS3 so most likely not. I'd love to be able to afford it though.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
I reckon my PS3 has still got a few years left in it yet, hell my PS2 does. I should imagine I'll be waiting it out.

Master_of_Oldskool

Sep 5, 2008
Almost certainly not, because

1)I have an extremely poorly-paid job. In fact, I hesitate to even call it a "job", since all I do is help my grandfather sort scrap metal and occasionally do light farmwork every sunday.

2)My relatives are all tightasses, so there's no chance of getting any next-gen consoles for a gift.

3)Release titles inevitably suck, world without end, amen.

4)I'm really into a lot of titles on older consoles right now (the origins of my username finally explained), and the only more recent games I'm interested in are all PC anyways.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
Haha no silly.
I probably won't even get a new console, the PS3 (and Xbox 360) still amazes me with games like Skyrim or Uncharted 2, (I haven't even played uncharted 3, I can only assume its a big step up). Until the day comes when developers can get no more out of the system, and have run out of ways to use the things they already have used.

That is unless the whole industry drops the current gen like a hot potato because who cares about innovation when there's the possibility of re-packaging and re-releasing games in higher definition.

Dec 21, 2011
Almost certainly not. It just depends on when they decide to release, and at what stage the current generation is at.

I will almost definitely get the PS4, but only once the PS3 has run out of steam. Bearing in mind that the PS2 is only just obsolete, and still has an awesome selection of titles (which I see the PS3 matching eventually), so I don't see myself getting rid of my PS3 for at least a few years. Hopefully around five, if the market allows!

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Too soon to call, I need to know what the 720 has to offer that my 360 doesn't and if there are any games actually worth buying for the first month or two.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
there is a 99% probability i will not upgrade in release day. or the months following.