Poll: Worst place to live in fictional America?

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
Stillwater, living there is suicide in itself. At least in the other places you have shot at living.

TMAN10112

Jul 4, 2008
You mean like the way their portrayed in videogames(like GTA4)?

p.s.you should try adding a bit more discussion to this, at leat explain a few examples.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
San Andreas. Gang violence at this scale is nothing compared to the mafia wet works in Liberty City.

Sombra Negra

Nov 4, 2008
DC. I think nukes, horrific mutants, mini-dinosaur things, evil robots, bands of merciless raiders and whatever the fuck else there is are worse than a few hundred crooks with guns.

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
Sombra Negra said:
DC. I think nukes, horrific mutants, mini-dinosaur things, evil robots, bands of merciless raiders and whatever the fuck else there is are worse than a few hundred crooks with guns.
And attack choppers, and rocket launchers, and automatic shotguns, and oh yeah, regenerating health.

ioxles

Nov 25, 2008
well, in Fictonisia the place I would most like to live is Brentford. None of the other choices really cut it.

What I would give for a pint of Large at the Flying Swan.

SecretTacoNinja

Jul 8, 2008
Liberty City (GTA 3 version). It's a dirty fucking dump. At least Vice City has the beach and San Andreas has the desert.

needausername said:
I would have said BaSin City...
Oh yeah, that's worse than Liberty City... And cooler somehow.

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
I actually like the idea of Post-Apocolyptic wasteland DC. Am I strange? I'd like to live on the edge of survival fighting with a group of other survivors to make it in a world of utter devestation. It'd be less dreary than everyday life, and there is less assurity your going to be murdered than most of the other gang ridden cities if you keep your head. I can see the arguments against my views and they are valid but death in a real life scenario (Car hitting you, bullet in your brain) are nearly inevitable in these madness ridden cities, whereas I see the chance of survival in the Capital Wasteland much more plausible, given everyone is in more or less the same situation and guns and weapons on sorts are everywhere. Also you cant get ran over when 1) There's no cars and 2) There's nothing to drive them on. Raiders are the biggest threat by far but just band together with other survivors in a settlement and they'll likely leave you alone. Quite a cowardly bunch really, if they did attack you have more chance of surviving, not many people are willing to protect you in a gang war and where will you turn? The war is happening INSIDE the settlement, reducing chances of survival even futher.

I chose Stillwater based on the likelyhood of survival in a 10 minute span. So much carnage, I'll never get the blood stains out.

Edit: Im aware I was quite contradictory. It all made sense in my head as I thought it =P By lots of guns being equal to less chance of getting shot I was alluding to everyone having a more or less even playing field. You can defend yourself.

Silvertongue

Jul 2, 2008
I think that it would be Lovecraft's fishing town of Innsmouth, in the 1920's. I mean...either you allow yourself to be assimilated into a people who breed with ancient fish-things, or you get brutally slaughtered or sacrificed...sounds like a no-win, right there.