Poll: Worst TF2 Class?

x434343

Mar 22, 2008
The damn announcer is the worst class. I've been playing for a year and a half and I haven't played as her once. Damn server system.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Snipers have a tendency to be useless jackasses. Not all of them of course, but that class seems to attract the worst possible teamplayers.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
The soldier, because it's the closet thing TF2 has to an overpowered class.

S_K

Nov 16, 2007
piscian said:
I disagree with spies being useless. They can seriously make or break a game as they are the only true defense against engineers.
You've obviously never been part of an organized team medic charge then. It's called [strong]team[/strong] fortress for a reason, how useful a class is suddenly becomes very different when a team is working together effectively.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
Yea I guess in terms of what's most broke that'd be the overpowered demoman.

But you know who I have the most fun playing as?
DEMOMAN??

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
S_K said:
piscian said:
I disagree with spies being useless. They can seriously make or break a game as they are the only true defense against engineers.
You've obviously never been part of an organized team medic charge then. It's called [strong]team[/strong] fortress for a reason, how useful a class is suddenly becomes very different when a team is working together effectively.
didn't it ever occur to you that you could do the same job with a spy without taking the time to charge an uber? a well timed spy/pyro charge can be much more effective, over with much quicker, attracts less attention and doesn't remove a valuable heavy/medic pair from combat

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
hURR dURR dERP said:
Snipers have a tendency to be useless jackasses. Not all of them of course, but that class seems to attract the worst possible teamplayers.
piscian said:
Snipers don't really serve a particular purpose in the game. If they weren't there the gameplay wouldn't change much. They're almost just there to drag snipertards in from other games who will only play the sniper class.
you know what? you guys are right! ok, now i'm voting!

iJosh

Nov 21, 2007
It has to be the Spy hands down. I tried to spy it out and totally sucked tits.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
There isn't.

I don't think there's ever been a better balanced multiplayer game.

WolfLordAndy

Sep 19, 2008
To those saying soldiers are useless and slow... Learn to rocket jump and you'll find you're the 3rd fastest class, with the best ability to climb and get in interesting places. Also, if you learn to shoot the ground and round corners you can beat most classes before they get near you or able to see you.

Those saying scout is useless... well, if you're good at double jumping and strafing then you should have no problem getting in close, the main thing to do is use the terrain to your advantage. If you get in the right position you can actually circle strafe a sentry and kill it without taking any damage (obviously helps if theres no engi to get in the way!

As for snipers and spys, well, they can be the most useless or more usefull classes. Snipers can take out medics, heavies and engis very quickly, making everyoneelses job very easy. Its the same for spys, but they have the added bonus of being able to destroy sentries too (although harder for spys to get in position).

For those that moan about Pyros, yes they do require a bit less skill on smaller maps, but with the invention of the airblast and there other new toys, and extra layer of skill has appeared. You can now rocket jump with airblasted rockets, flare someone in the air, then as you land chop em with your axetingwisher for instant gib. - But that is the top end, at the bottom end, we get those that run at scouts flames a going, never quite gonna reach them...

There is no worst class, there is no best class, there are only different play styles. I've seen Heavies duel snipers and win (and it was a good sniper, but the heavy was just very apt at ducking) I've also seen medics that could take on half an enemy team (bluttsuckers are great, lol). Some classes prefer flat open areas, others prefer close corners and others still prefer high peaks to jump around.

TF2 classes are purely down to how you play and how the enemy play.

CompanionCube

Aug 5, 2008
All classes are somewhat balanced. If your hating on the Pyro, join the club. I would suggest strafing backwards and not charging into him like a mad cow.

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
Good way to boil my blood with all the sniper hate here. (what the hell did we do to you...oh wait)

And to answer your question. None they're all good depending on the player.

magicaxis

Aug 14, 2008
Apart from the soldier, theyre all fair balanced. The soldier sucks because theres just nothing to him, he has no particular strategic value, speciality, or gimmick, he's just...dull! They shouldn't IMPROVE him, persay, but maybe just dress him up a little more, like..idk..make him be able to dispence ammo or something

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Other.

None.

Anyone who said Demoman is shouldn't be allowed to play online.

PsiMatrix

Gray Jedi
Feb 4, 2008
Demoman, Soldier and Engineer but only for the fact they haven't recieved their class updates yet which means being stuck with default weaponary.

Aside from that I'll echo most who said "There is no bad class, only bad players". My personal choice would therefore be Sniper but only cause I end up on games with much better snipers who've already found the good spots (and are usually on the enemy team).

What I loathe is all the pyro-hate. Almost every match I play in seems to have a fairly decent enemy spy who kills half the team leaving cries of "Why aren't the pyros spy-checking?" (funny in one instance where the reply was "because we don't have any"). I usually end up switching because pyros seem to be the leper class of TF2.

WolfLordAndy

Sep 19, 2008
magicaxis said:
Apart from the soldier, theyre all fair balanced. The soldier sucks because theres just nothing to him, he has no particular strategic value, speciality, or gimmick, he's just...dull! They shouldn't IMPROVE him, persay, but maybe just dress him up a little more, like..idk..make him be able to dispence ammo or something
Do you by anychance play a consul version of TF2? On the PC its pretty easy to rocket jump around, giving you a huge height advantage (and the floor acts as a backboard for your shots on lower targets).

the protaginist

Jul 4, 2008
I'm going to go with Engi's, because if your playing a game where Spies are disabled(and playing on the 360, there is no way to recognize this until your at the pick-a-class screen...) there is no way to destroy a level 3 turret. Even Heavy's and Soldiers can't do enough damage to destroy them before the Engi can get to it...

Of course, that may just be the Scout in me weeping.