Poll: Worst TF2 Class?

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
Scout is the most annoying class ever. It's like someone took a UT character and put him in TF2. I hate playing scout, and I hate fighting scouts.

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
Id say soldier, to generic everyone has some outstanding factor apart from him, hes to average.

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
As far as gameplay goes, the pyro is the worst class. Positioning is the only strategy a pyro needs. I hate to say it, but beyond that, it's just W+M1. They lack the depth of other classes, except maybe the sniper, but at least the sniper needs to aim.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
I think you should change it to 'What're you worst at?'. Me it's either engineer or or sniper.

What's a w+m1 pyro?

ChillinMargrave

May 18, 2009
I can't really say there's a worst like most of the guys statet, because each class has a bad side and a good one.

I've been able to single out a entire time, without medic as heavy.
Mangled masses of people with spy, and made it to the top of the list as sniper leaving the enemies defensive and offensive acts in the dirt due to well aimed shots.

So, I repeat the others statement, there's no bad class, there's only bad players.

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
They all have a use, but I don't think that the sniper's job really needs to be done.

Deathsong17

Feb 4, 2009
The soldier, as it isn't the bane of any specific class. But I say this by an incredibly thin margin.

bobknowsall

Aug 21, 2009
Mr.Black said:
There really isn't a bad class. But I do hate retards that w+m1 Pyro and think they're good at the game. I also hate 2Fort and the never-ending Sniper wars that happen.
Yeah, the W+M1 Pyro is quite possibly the most annoying player in the game. They nail you once or twice when you're playing Spy, and suddenly they think they're the world's best spy-checker. But maybe I'm biased against Pyros in general.

(Okay, that isn't true. I have great respect for Pyro players who know how to use the more advanced strategies. If they can set me on fire, airblastme into the air, and score an Axtinguisher hit in the space of a few seconds, I take my hat off to them.)

OT: There is no such thing as a bad TF2 class, only a class that people play badly. As a result, I'll say "other". I do find the Heavy a little simplistic at times, but I also realise that there are ways to play him that I just don't know yet.)

Projo

Aug 3, 2009
Hybridwolf said:
It's hard to say, but I dislike the demoman, simply because I can't use his weapons well. Aside from that I'd say all the classes are useful, and you can't favor/dislike any of them, as they all have their uses.
This. I hate the demoman purely because I can't play him well, save for brief flights of dominations followed by a someone getting revenge on me and ruining my run. That said, one good demoman can completely turn a losing team around.

Flux289

Jul 30, 2009
Scouts definitely, but i can't believe demoman has the 2nd highest number of votes even though he's the best class, sure he takes some time and practice to get good at but you will rape everyone if you're a good demoman!

yosophat

Apr 15, 2009
piscian said:
yosophat said:
pyros are useless you don't need them in the game.
Pyros counter-balance the Spy. Pretty much their sole purpose, but they still rank as my favorite class.
Any class can take care of a spy pretty easily and all a spy has to do is avoid pyros. It's not like other classes can't spy check. C'mon

Phoenix Arrow

Sep 3, 2008
orangebandguy said:
Spies and Snipers, it's not the class itself, but the people who use them.
Mmm.
Believe me when I say the spy update was the worst thing to happen to the spy. I mean, I play the class like I always did, using the default weapons, dashing behind enemy lines, killing off waves and destroying sentrys before they can come into play. 80% of the people who play spy now just camp out with the C&D and just go for cheap kills and it gets on my nerves more than it should. They also all use Ambassadors but don't headshot. Why? I mean, seriously? Dead Ringer has some merits if you use it well, but I'm not great at the whole mindfuck confusion method. I just try to cut down the enemy lines.
People don't understand how much spies save their asses.

As an aside, Razorback? Really? It takes 3 shots to kill a sniper. You can usually get two shots off before he even zooms out. It is a bit flow breaking but over the SMG and Jarate? Pointless.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
ironmace1 said:
But the pyro is gay! Because on 2fort every single one is a bloody spy checker!
Well, that is their job. Just take extra care to avoid pyros, keep moving, and stay cloaked as much as possible.
I don't really have a problem with any of the classes, but the Demoman is my least favorite. His stickies do a ridiculous amount of damage and he can easily fire around obstructions, which are both bad if you're fighting him. However, he lacks any sort of gun and just has "launchers", which makes mid-range fighting or fighting out in the open an incredible pain if you're playing him. It just seems like they came up with a weak class and then balanced him out by making him capable of doing a stupid amount of damage.

PsiMatrix

Gray Jedi
Feb 4, 2008
Megacherv said:
What's a w+m1 pyro?
W is the default "move forward", M1 is mouse button one (left on standard two-button mouses). So it's a running pyro who tries to burn everything neglecting the other weapons at at pyro's disposal like the longer ranged shotgun/flaregun and the axes.