Poll: Would you date a transgendered person?

orangeban

Nov 27, 2009
ploppytheman said:
I'm sorry, but I'm not even going to grace this with a response. You hear me internet? You win! I resign, I can't do this, I'm not willing to sit, read and respond to bigotry for my whole life. Stuff this thread, I need to go take a breather.

Look Ploppy, what you have written here is monsterously offensive, stupid and ignorant. I'm signing off before I get myself warned.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Montezuma said:
Kendarik said:
Montezuma said:
Kendarik said:
orangeban said:
MTF people are women.
No, they aren't. They like to call themselves that and they feel that, but they are no more a woman than an 85lb anorexic is fat. Both may believe it with all their heart, but its still not true.
I assume you consider yourself a straight man. For the sake of argument, lets assume you believe this. Well, you're not. You're in fact a homosexual, no matter how much you claim to be straight, you cant change the fact that you're gay. You are not straight, nor will you ever be straight. You may believe it with all your heart, but its still not true.

How does it feel to be treated this way?
Your assumption about me is about as far from correct as possible lol.

But, assuming for the moment I was a straight man in that scenario... your comparison is silly. Only you can say what you feel emotionally, I don't deny that trans people feel the way they do. The question of changing sex however is physical and can be verified by medical examination. Their gender didn't change. Their chromosomes didn't change. They just had cosmetic surgery and hormones to mimic what they would like to be.
You ignored the question, answer it.
You have ignored every logical argument and every legitimate comparison against everything you have said. Not only that, but you brought up a preference, as an argument for genetics, you are trying to say something that is untrue in any manner of thinking, I am not physically, mentally, or emotionally attracted to me therefore I am not homosexual. Transgender people are still genetically their original gender.

Montezuma said:
ploppytheman said:
Montezuma said:
Kendarik said:
orangeban said:
MTF people are women.
No, they aren't. They like to call themselves that and they feel that, but they are no more a woman than an 85lb anorexic is fat. Both may believe it with all their heart, but its still not true.
I assume you consider yourself a straight man. For the sake of argument, lets assume you believe this. Well, you're not. You're in fact a homosexual, no matter how much you claim to be straight, you cant change the fact that you're gay. You are not straight, nor will you ever be straight. You may believe it with all your heart, but its still not true.

They aren't women, they are dudes. They turn their dick inside out so ur literally sticking ur dick in their dick, which is obviously gay even typing it makes me feel sick.
Ah, here's the argument I was looking for.

You're so deathly terrified of homosexuals, that the very idea of them sickens you.

So how's that closet treating you?
Some people are afraid of what they don't understand, some people disapprove of the idea, and all straight men are sexually turned off by the thought of having sex with men. The person you quoted never said they hated homosexuals, they never said they were afraid of them, they said putting their penis inside another penis makes them feel sick.

MartianWarMachine

Neon-pink cyber-kitty
Dec 10, 2010
orangeban said:
ploppytheman said:
I'm sorry, but I'm not even going to grace this with a response. You hear me internet? You win! I resign, I can't do this, I'm not willing to sit, read and respond to bigotry for my whole life. Stuff this thread, I need to go take a breather.

Look Ploppy, what you have written here is monsterously offensive, stupid and ignorant. I'm signing off before I get myself warned.
I know it's not helpful, but... can I at least hug you before you leave? =3

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
ploppytheman said:
Montezuma said:
They just need to figure out what is causing people to be attracted to the wrong gender and fix it already so we can stop having all these stupid discussions and actually do something worthwhile with our time and money.
You claim that homosexuality ( I assume this is what you mean by "wrong gender.") is a problem that needs to be fixed.

Any argument you make here will be tainted with this, Sorry but the world simply does not need bigots like you.
Bigot. Original. Is that how you end arguments?

It is obviously a problem. Any evolutionary benefit homosexuality may have had, and it may not have even had any, is no longer relevant. People are too stuck in their PC mindset to step outside and look at what they are. And deviation from heterosexuality is an error and should be fixed. People argue about gay rights when in reality the problem IS homosexuality.

I mean you say its not a choice, your born that way, so its obviously something that can be fixed when we find the right variables. But this generation is too engrained in PC and afraid to think so maybe the next generation will realize, hey, this is not how my body is supposed to work and I would like it to be fixed, what can we do about this? People make homosexuality who they are rather than a part of them, so they can never let go of it.

Doesn't matter really, I mean how many people who are afflicted by this would take a pill to stop it? I'm sure a lot of people hate they are homosexual or w/e. And in 50yrs once people stop being PC retards they will find a cure for it and this will be archived in libraries where few people even know about. I'd almost be willing to vote for gay rights to accelerate the process.[/quote]

While it is true that the Darwinian fitness of homosexuals is zero I do not think that necessarily makes homosexuality a problem. Society is already facing the problem of overpopulation and we do not need more babies. Please demonstrate that the deviancy of homosexuality is something that needs a cure when the only problem caused by homosexuality is not being able to reproduce through natural means. I agree that if a cure can be invented it would certainly be a boon. Hell, I, as a heterosexual man, would readily take a pill to make me bisexual.

I don't understand why you apparently are unwilling to vote for gay rights. We do not have a way to change sexual orientation yet so where's the harm in allowing gays to marry each other? They aren't harming anything by marrying each other and it's not like having illegal gay marriage will make them not gay.

More on Topic: I don't really have such a big issue with transgendered people but given the choice I would prefer someone with two X chromosomes. There's no substitute for real pussy.

orangeban

Nov 27, 2009
MartianWarMachine said:
orangeban said:
ploppytheman said:

Awww, always willing to return a hug, thank 'e very muchly!

MartianWarMachine

Neon-pink cyber-kitty
Dec 10, 2010
orangeban said:
MartianWarMachine said:
orangeban said:
ploppytheman said:

Awww, always willing to return a hug, thank 'e very muchly!
Yay! *Hugs lots* ^-^

mega48man

Mar 12, 2009
so long as she (MTF) has a pretty face, girly voice, is attracted to me, and something truly stunning about her personality that makes spending time with her something to look forward to.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Why not, I'm not so shallow that I judge a woman based on what she was in her past.
I judge her based on how hot she is.

jedizero

Feb 26, 2009
Love the implication that if you want to date a transgendered person you have to be desperately lonely. Not offensive to anyone else at all.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
jedizero said:
Love the implication that if you want to date a transgendered person you have to be desperately lonely. Not offensive to anyone else at all.
Yes because the other 5 options aren't really there

jedizero

Feb 26, 2009
artanis_neravar said:
*grumble* kind of offensive that its even there.

Why is everyone so refusing to date transgendered people? Half of the guys here would refuse to date someone based solely on that. Why?

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
A problem that needs to be fixed. Well... No, thank you. We've had more than enough solutions.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
jedizero said:
artanis_neravar said:
*grumble* kind of offensive that its even there.

Why is everyone so refusing to date transgendered people? Half of the guys here would refuse to date someone based solely on that. Why?
I voted no, because I want kids of my own. I have nothing against transgender.

Da_Vane

Dec 31, 2007
Para199x said:
Da_Vane said:
Kendarik said:
I don't think I could ever look at them and REALLY see any post op as "their new gender". They will always be victims of a mental illness and medical misconduct to me. As such I will treat them with respect and I will be the first to support them in obtaining equal rights and good treatment, but they will never really be their new gender in my mind.
So you don't support them then? This is the very first decision everybody really needs to make when dealing with another human being - the moment you decide they will NEVER be their new gender in your mind, you have undermined their rights. That's like saying you have decided that they will NEVER be a human being in your mind. You don't have to be dating someone to make this decision - it is common courtesy.

You won't know if someone is pre-op or post-op until they tell you or you are close enough to get intimate with them, but you will be able to determine what gender they are and how they should be treated long before that. If your sense of what gender a person is is based on the status of their genitalia, then you are sadly mistaken, because unless you make the habit of wandering naked, this isn't something people normally see.

There are other gender cues, and these gender cues reinforce gender identity. If in doubt, go for the gender cues in the way people are dressed, and other conscious, deliberate choices they are making to reinforce those gender cues. These are simple things that, while they often come across as stereotypical, and trying too hard, are usually done for a reason - just like any other identity cue.

If ANYBODY feels they have the right to decide that someone else will NEVER be something, then perhaps they should be the ones diagnosed with the mental illness. Because they are obviously lacking in the courtesy and empathy required to be a human being, and maybe they should understand and experience what it is like to be treated as if they will NEVER be something that they care about, as much as they desire it. To never be treated as a reasonable person that has the right to share opinions in public on the state of others should suffice in most cases.
I don't think that saying a genetic male will never be a female is in anyway undermining their rights, they have a right to think they are mentally a female and act accordingly and get cosmetic surgery etc. so they look like that but they will still not be female. That doesn't mean they aren't human and it doesn't mean i think they are doing something wrong or even repulsive just that genes are genes and they are male.

Specifically in your last paragraph, saying that you can't say that somebody will never be something unless you are crazy. That makes me think you are deluded, i can say with absolute certainty that you will never ever be a xenomorph

Again I have no issue with transgender people, do what makes you happy, but that doesn't mean that after cosmetic surgery they actually become what they are trying to look like. It's essentially a very extreme fancy dress. If it makes a person happier go ahead, I will still treat you like a human being and you have all the same rights as anyone else, but you aren't what you are dressed up as.
This all comes down to the fundamental question of what defines a man as a man and a woman as a woman.

Your entire argument comes down to the fact that you will support transgender people in their efforts to change, but you will not actually let them change. They can keep on striving all they want, but they aren't actually going to get anywhere, because you won't let them.

All because it challenges your perceptions of what a man and woman is, and the idea that things cannot change. You are transphobic - not because you have anything against someone with gender issues, but because you have something against people changing and crossing boundaries.

So don't bother with your claims that you support transgendered people, when you don't.

It can be said that identity itself is basically a very elaborate form of fancy dress. We are who we believe ourselves to be. We negotiate our identities based on these facts. Everything we say or do is based on an internal vision of who we believe we are. It is an internal world of make believe called the psyche that allows our ego to remain intact as we go through life.

Everything that makes us human comes from this internal world, because that is where we store all our meanings, based on the symbols and definitions we pick up from our culture and society. If is from this we know who we are and who we want to be. It is from this we can also determine who others are.

The symbology that defines what is a man and what is a woman comes from this internal world of meanings that we have all picked up, that is continually evolving. It is from here that we learn about gender identities and gender roles, and we define what makes a man and what makes a woman. We add these roles and identities to the myriad collection of other identities we learn throughout our lives.

This collection changes as society and people change - if you fear change, and want to cling on to your outdated concepts while still believing you are tolerant, you will fail. You will realise that you are not as tolerant as you would like to believe. All because you stick with outdated, essentialist principles that have been disproven.

It has been disproven that there is a difference between a male to female transsexual and a female on a genetic level. While this may not be every case, it only needs one exception to disprove flawed logic, and there have been exceptions.

And don't try to use absurd reductive arguments with me, unless you want me to start using absurd reductive arguments back. For example, it is pretty absurd to base your argument of the logical pretext that saying you are something doesn't make you something, which it is clear that this is not my argument. But to counter that, the answer is, actually I can, simply by changing the definition of whatever I claim to be so that it comes to define what I am.

This is the basis of Foucault's provocation theory, and has been the driving force between media, advertising, propaganda, and civil rights movements for the past century and a half now. It's all to do with the power of words and their meanings, because we define their meanings based on group consensus. Thus, I can become a xenomorph, simply by changing the definition of xenomorph. Before you wonder how that is possible, never underestimate the meme-tastic abilities of the internet.

Zack1501

Mar 22, 2011
Honestly no
I'm fine with people that are transgender or gay but I am nether. A guy is still a guy no matter what in my opinion. Its more then just the parts down there there are actual chemical differences between guys and girls.
Now if I didn't know at first that might be different but I'm still not sure.

jedizero

Feb 26, 2009
ploppytheman said:
Bigot. Original. Is that how you end arguments?
You sir, are entitled to your opinions. Your hate spewing insulting opinions.

ploppytheman said:
It is obviously a problem. Any evolutionary benefit homosexuality may have had, and it may not have even had any, is no longer relevant. People are too stuck in their PC mindset to step outside and look at what they are. And deviation from heterosexuality is an error and should be fixed. People argue about gay rights when in reality the problem IS homosexuality.
Now, I wonder...What if we decided something about *you* was a deviation and an error? What sort of evolutionary benefit is there for the gamut of fetishes we have ranging from the mundane to the insane? I'm sorry, I don't know what the evolutionary point of voraphilia (Fantasy of being eaten) is, but apparently as long as its not regarding guy on guy (Girl on girl gets a pass, I'm sure.) its completely fine.

ploppytheman said:
I mean you say its not a choice, your born that way, so its obviously something that can be fixed when we find the right variables. But this generation is too engrained in PC and afraid to think so maybe the next generation will realize, hey, this is not how my body is supposed to work and I would like it to be fixed, what can we do about this? People make homosexuality who they are rather than a part of them, so they can never let go of it.
The only reason we should 'fix it', is because you are uncomfortable with it. I frankly believe that if both parties are consenting, and nobody ends up hurt, who really gives a rats ass? Apparently the thought, deep in your head, that somewhere out there two adults are engaging in consenting love. And it bothers you, incredibly so, just because they happen to be guy on guy.

As for 'PC', please take a look at this video, happily provided by this very site.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/2783-Correctitude
Enjoy!

ploppytheman said:
Doesn't matter really, I mean how many people who are afflicted by this would take a pill to stop it? I'm sure a lot of people hate they are homosexual or w/e. And in 50yrs once people stop being PC retards they will find a cure for it and this will be archived in libraries where few people even know about. I'd almost be willing to vote for gay rights to accelerate the process.
Of course. PC is nothing more than being a 'retard', not actually giving a shit about other people. And claiming that you don't like being PC is NOT in fact, a way to try and justify your hateful and hurtful views. That's sarcasm if you don't get it.

Dellaudis

Jan 20, 2011
Da_Vane said:
It has been disproven that there is a difference between a male to female transsexual and a female on a genetic level. While this may not be every case, it only needs one exception to disprove flawed logic, and there have been exceptions.
I'm sorry, I don't follow. Mind explaining this part a bit more?

Da_Vane

Dec 31, 2007
Kendarik said:
Montezuma said:
Kendarik said:
orangeban said:
MTF people are women.

Your assumption about me is about as far from correct as possible lol.

But, assuming for the moment I was a straight man in that scenario... your comparison is silly. Only you can say what you feel emotionally, I don't deny that trans people feel the way they do. The question of changing sex however is physical and can be verified by medical examination. Their gender didn't change. Their chromosomes didn't change. They just had cosmetic surgery and hormones to mimic what they would like to be.
This is where your ignorance is showing, Kendarik. Ignoring the fact you continually try to act smart while sidestepping the question, I will repeat some key facts you seem to be ignoring to preserve your belief:

1) Sex and gender are different - the two terms are not used interchangeably. Sex is the physical characteristics, and you are correct, these have not changed. However, gender is their identity, based on their role in society, and this has changed (although to quite a few, it will be perceived to have never have changed, but instead to have always been different from their sex). This is based on a lot more than just their their sexual characteristics, such as their genitals, but also on other genderised aspects of society.

Secondly, on the matter of hormones, in most cases this is to place them in an appropriate hormonal environment, not only to mimic what they would like to be, but also to restore any hormonal imbalances. Studies have shown that transsexuals often have different hormonal levels prior to treatment that is often remedied by hormonal therapy.

Once again, this brings us back to the argument that you seem to want to avoid, even though you seem to keep focusing on the essential biological medical basis of transsexuality, you don't want to deal with the fact that hormones are also part of the very important biological process, and that these do change.

In fact, hormones have also been know to affect sexuality, and drug testing on animals has been carried out that has allowed for the prototyping of a drug that prevents homosexuality through hormone therapy. The sex hormones have a lot more impact on sex and sexuality than chromosomes ever do, so you might want to drop your essentialist viewpoints while trying to hold on to your feigned tolerance, because it just won't wash.