Poll: Would you date/sleep with a person that has a Physical handicap ?

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
I feel I have to put myself out there and say I will gladly offer my body up to the most stigmatised of disabled people. I am of course talking about women with outlandishly sized breasts.

But seriously, probably not, I'm pretty shallow and my friends already give me enough shit just for chatting with a woman 10 years my senior in a nightclub, if I had sex with somebody lacking a limb I just know I'd have another nickname to contend with and I already have about six.

Anodos

Jul 23, 2011
Funny, i was just thinking about sleeping with a blind woman. I imagine it would be much more senseul, actually, they say they see with their hands.

Thats not even supposing that you LIKE or love eachother.
How is this even a question? lol

Jonatron

Sep 8, 2008
I don't think I would actively look to get into a relationship with someone with some sort of handicap, but if we got chatting and things were hitting it off I don't think it should be an issue.

xXDeMoNiCXx

Mar 10, 2010
Already have, eventually I find out it wasn't her handicap that was a problem. Just the fact that she was a *****.

(Sorry for the language, i'm still a bit frustrated about the whole thing. -_-)

MordinSolus

Feb 10, 2011
krazykidd said:
So straight foward question, would you date or sleep with (sex duh! ) a person that has a physical handicap ? Like, a blind person, a Deaf person, a mute, a person who's legs don't function, or a person missing a limb, etc... Only physical Handicapes apply ( therefore mental handicap does not count ) and in this hypothetcal situation,you have to have met the person after they got their handicap (therefore dating the person before he lost a leg , and continuing afterwards doesn't count ).

EDIT:

Soviet Heavy said:
OP, how about offering your own opinion? What's the point in asking other people's opinions if you don't offer your own? It tends to make these kind of threads look like you are fishing for hits. Ask a controversial issue and then watch the responses roll in.

Even if you aren't going to indulge in the conversation, at least give a reason as to why you would ask in the first place.
Okay , since you asked nicely , i will give you my opinion on this matter,tell you where i got this idea from AND tell you why i didn't write my opinion right of the bat ( starting from the latter).

Incomming wall of text, read if you care about my opinion, just don't attack me over it afterwards.You have been warned.

The reason i didn't put my opinion , is because i know my opinion is going to make me look like a selfish, shallow douchebag and some people would attack me instead of answering the thread, making other people decide to change their answer to not be attacked by other people like that ( iv'e seen this happen , people always like to be accpeted by other even on the internet , Sociology 101 ).

Where i got this idea , well today at work ( i work in retail ) , i saw a guy in a wheelchair ( he had both legs , they just don't function i guess )and he was being accompanied , by a very beautiful lady, and instinctively i thought that it had to be his sister or friend. The guy in question was quite good looking too ,but because he was in a wheelchair i didn't cross my mind that it could be his girlfriend.Which ended up being the case , since i saw her bend down and kiss him ( yes i was watching her, no it wasn't creepy ).And i asked myself how did a guy in a wheelchair get such a beautiful lady to date him.

And before you people tell me , i know that's a terrible thought to have, disabled people are people too, and are deserving of love and affection and should not be shuned. FINE that's all good i'm a terrible person and i know it.But it made me curious about how many people would actually date and/or sleep with a person with a physical handicap.

As for my opinion that i have forshadowed in the wall of text above is no . I could not do it . Maybe i'm a worst person for it because my reasons are VERY selfish but so be it I'm being honest. I could not see myself dating a person with a physical handicap,the stares i would get would kill me , knowing that i would have to constantly do extra things to help that person would annoy me, hell able women annoy me every so often , therefore i could see a disable person annoying me a hell of a lot more.Knowing i would have to do just a bit more than with their able counterpart, turns me off from the idea. Not to mention that a person missing a limb would creep me out if we were ever having sex.

I don't think less of handicaped people, but i for one would not be able to handle dating one. Although every person should be loved, and have companionship if they want it , and i am happy for any and all disable people that have found that.That being said, if i was to ever become disable/handicapped , while in a relationship, i would break it off immediatly. I would not want to put that stress/ hardship on another person. No matter how much i loved that person , i would not want to give them added grief/trouble because of me. If we break up, the other person will get over it with time and move and and be happy. If we don't i would feel like a burden on that person, and i refuse to be a burden on anybody.
Just so you know: Your opinion...I respect it (sincerely, no jk-ing, no trolling, I'm being serious).

OT: No. The general public would stare at us a lot, and even though if someone were to stare at me I'd respond with "If you have something to say, say it. If not, look away," I would not be able to endure a lot of staring. I hate being the center of attention, so no.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
I'm sure I'd be able to see past any physical handicap and appreciate the person within. So, yes I would, if I liked them well enough.

masher

Jul 20, 2009
As insensitive as it probably is, I find dwarves to be some of the cutest people I'll ever meet.

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
yeah i've dated girls with disabilities before. Its not that big a deal really, yeah you have to do certain things etc. because of the disability but it wasn't a huge "burden" as the OP put it.

SuperNova221

May 29, 2010
Despite the benefits of easier parking, no, I wouldn't. It's just something that I would personally want to have to deal with given the choice.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
Eh, depends if the person has sensation below the waist or not. If their junk still functions, then yes. If not, then maybe not so much. I know that their are ways around that problem for the disabled, but I'm not experienced enough sexually yet to say if I'd be okay with that. I want someone to be able feel me having intercourse with her before I die.

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
I honestly don't see why I wouldn't. None of the ones you mentioned are much of anything. Blind? We can still hang and talk. Deaf. Same basic thing. We can do sign language!

Wouldn't make them undateable and unable to have sex.

Except maybe the wheelchair guy, depending on the severity of the paralysis. If he could still feel arouse where it counts, it's easy. I could ride him girl on top every time we hooked up. Wouldn't matter. I'm sure he could do other things too.

If he couldn't feel anything down there, well that would make sex impossible and probably moot as far as this goes.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
I'm currently pursuing someone who's legs don't work properly, problem is that she is already involved with someone. So I know from experience now that that doesn't bother me.

hotacidbath

Mar 2, 2009
As harsh as it sounds it would depend on the severity of the disability. I'm an outdoorsy person that enjoys hiking and camping and I like sharing that with the person I'm with. It would be a lot harder to share that with someone in a wheelchair.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Well, I already have dated a Dwarf.
That brings a whole new meaning to...

"I'm feeling Happy tonight"
"Dude, you're f*cking Grumpy"
"What's up Doc?"

etc, etc...

DrOswald

Apr 22, 2011
I met this girl once who had no arms (cut off at the shoulder, I don't know why, and she didn't have prosthetic arms.) She was super hot anyway.