Poll: Would you enjoy the universe if it turned into an anime?

Marcus Kehoe

Mar 18, 2011
Great I can have a harem of girls. a giant Robot, and a sidekick animal.

All good as long as its none of that violent crap.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
You could say it's already like an anime. A really boring slice-of-life anime.

I hate that type the most.

AlAaraaf74

Dec 11, 2010
If I had been born into an anime universe, I wouldn't mind, cuz that would just be how my life always was.

If the universe now turned into an anime? I would KILL MYSLELF. Besides two exceptions, I HATE anime!

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I would likely bleed out on a daily bases what with all of the suddenly huge breasts surrounding me. Other than that it'd be nice to know that my limits as a human would be striped away. Or maybe I'll forget about being an esper and look for Pokemon! Actually if all anime rules apply than I guess I can get into super villainy. Not the really bad kind, I'll just stalk and shibari-up random chicks over-and-over until I have a sort of friendship with them or my encounters become routine. Mmmm...delicious shibari...

Jessta

Feb 8, 2011
Wait... so it would involve the rules of ALL the anime universes? because anime universes have like no laws of physics and others are pretty much down on the ground, like what power level of anime are we talking here? like... Death note where everyone is just basic people but there are powers out there you can pick up along the way, or Dragon ball where you are either born as a godlike planet destroying monster or your a piece of shit human like Krillin where no matter how hard you work no one will give a fuck about you?
Or is it some place in between like Kino's universe where its all fairly close to basic real life logic but with some interesting inventions thrown in?
I would have fun in a world like Kino's journey, I wouldn't have a lot of fun in a world like Berserk or Dragon ball, in fact I think I would suffer from permanent depression in those kinds of worlds.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
CulixCupric said:
Would you enjoy the universe if it turned into an anime? the universe would not just look like an anime, but it would act like an anime, an follow all the rules of anime. for example: every single anime trope would be as real as physics, etc. you get the idea?

let's also discuss what such a universe would entail, and it's rules, limits, or lack thereof.

you might want to take this quiz too:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/121-What-JRPG-Character-Type-Are-You
No. Anime is too full of misogyny, annoying hyperactive kids, and pointless fighting for my taste.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Can't say that I would. Really don't enjoy anime, and turning the universe into an anime would just be a hellish nightmare.

Wereduck

Jun 17, 2010
As soon as the mechas start walking out of the factory I'm off to join the army / space-vy / wherever I can get hooked up with the giant robots and catgirls.

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
Oh dear. That's way too much hentai...
Yeah. I think I'd have fun being able to jump fifty thousand feet in the sky, pilot robot mechas (as I am in High School, it's a natural trait developed then), and all the swords I can use because I am now an automatic badass.
But it'd be horribly cliche with ecchi, friendship and half of people would be depressed hero/anti-heroes. And no one would die, even when they're decapitated for the 40000th time.

Dragonforce525

Sep 13, 2009
No, everyone would look identical except for absolutely ridiculous hair.

And after every sentence people would gasp with their mouths wide open in shock for 10 seconds.

I would enjoy all women wearing revealing outfits, but my hatred for everything else anime would make me shoot myself so I wouldn't be able to enjoy it for long.

Hectix777

Feb 26, 2011
NO!!!!!! NO, nope, nyhet, nine, not happenin'. Comics, eff yes; Cartoons, eff yeah; Video Games, oh you better believe it honey child; anime, no! I do not want to be surrounded by whiney emo brats, horny schoolgirls, women that string me along, giant bloody robots, demons, ninjas, and other tropes synonymous with anime. Including that one guy who is always happy, if it was an anime world I would start everyday with a good supplex. And before you say," No willing schoolgirls? What are you gay?" No I'm not ya homophobe. I appreciate a girl that takes time to win over, that relationship has to be built first before I can cross the bridge. Sure I want excitement in my life but I don't want androgynous teen angst being the center point! Not all anime is like this, I know. I like Ghost in the Shell and stuff like that, serious stuff with a serious world that has serious flesh and addresses serious issues, I'm s00per srs bra!1! Long story short: No, never, and I will beat the man senseless if they wish for this and this wish comes true.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
No way, I'd probably die very quickly if such a thing happened.

Zack Alklazaris said:
cliches around every corner,
Oh come on, it's not like N. American based media is any better in that regard. Just because the cliches are different doesn't mean there's any more or less of them.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
A universe where fat neck-beards and whiney "otakus" would instantly gain a handle on things and, in turn, rise up as the rulers of the universe?

NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
pro: every girl would have MASSIVE boobs

con: theyd all be incredibly annoying

its just not worth it