Poll: Would you enjoy the universe if it turned into an anime?

GigaHz

Jul 5, 2011
I'd probably kill myself, or everyone I met.

Everyone would talk with such an annoying cadence, Women would have unrealistic proportions, Animation (or reality as we would perceive it) would be repetitious and choppy, People would get into over-the-top fights sprinkled with unnecessary effects, for incredibly stupid reasons, and last but not least, People would spend 15 minutes at a time explaining their actions and thoughts before doing ANYTHING.

That sounds like a terrible reality I would never want to be a part of, unless I had a hand in destroying it.

Plazmatic

May 4, 2009
CulixCupric said:
Would you enjoy the universe if it turned into an anime? the universe would not just look like an anime, but it would act like an anime, an follow all the rules of anime. for example: every single anime trope would be as real as physics, etc. you get the idea?

let's also discuss what such a universe would entail, and it's rules, limits, or lack thereof.

you might want to take this quiz too:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/121-What-JRPG-Character-Type-Are-You
CulixCupric said:
Would you enjoy the universe if it turned into an anime? the universe would not just look like an anime, but it would act like an anime, an follow all the rules of anime. for example: every single anime trope would be as real as physics, etc. you get the idea?

let's also discuss what such a universe would entail, and it's rules, limits, or lack thereof.

you might want to take this quiz too:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/121-What-JRPG-Character-Type-Are-You
yeah a quiz that makes your computer lock up and give you a white screen while also attempting to give you a virus, nice job! was that script exploit easy to find?

Soluncreed

Sep 24, 2009
CulixCupric said:
JoJoDeathunter said:
I'd probably be the perverted comic relief guy.
and i'd be the mysterious rival, so says this quiz: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/121-What-JRPG-Character-Type-Are-You
I'm apparently the sex symbol.....

PUR3_GAM3R33

May 23, 2009
Being able to do all the crazy **** I've always dreamed of doing?

Oh,You bet your *** I'll enjoy myself! :D

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
The world of Berserk would be a nice change, then again I have a little something for dark fantasies. Or the Gundam UC's timeline wouldn't be so bad. And for goofiness, Gintama's world would be so damn sweet to wake up to lol.

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
Hell no I could not deal with all the winy little bitches for their over compensating swords. Not to mention the school girls getting raped by tenticals would not be somthing I would like to witness on a daily basis.

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
I own a sword. It's too big, gaudy, unbalanced and over-the-top to ever be of any practical use in a fight.

I would be godsdamn unstoppable.

Garchomp445

Jun 28, 2011
Hmm... May I be the overpowered maniac who goes around killing people? Please? I promise everyone would be dead in a month or two.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
Damnit, this thread made TV tropes eat another 3 hours of my life... On the plus side, I tested as the hero, so I get all the winning forever, and can never be killed! (at least, not permanently.)

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
Nimbus said:
I own a sword. It's too big, gaudy, unbalanced and over-the-top to ever be of any practical use in a fight.

I'll one-up you. Not only am I in possesion of a sword, it is a sword that originally belonged to my father and is subsequently treated as a family heirloom. I'm hitting all of the sword cliches here.

Then again, it is fairly reasonably sized. I suppose that makes me the villain here. Still fun, though.

jumjalalabash

Jan 25, 2010
Yes. Then I could walk down the block and stumble upon an ancient magical superpower or a giant prototype high tech robot suit. I see no flaw in this logic.

bubba145

Jan 4, 2010
unfortunately the whole anime as a whole thing leaves a lot of rules fighting each other. now if you said a specific one then it would be an easier choice for some. Just gonna say some basic ones that i liked.
Naruto: yes, but i probably wouldn't be a ninja most likely a samurai or archer type person. Rules follow some basic laws of reality but enough lye-way for awesome fights.
Hellsing: Maybe leaning towards yes. I like the physics in this one and it doesn't follow a lot of the rules in regard to cliches but the whole vampire turning requirements cheat. Basic requirements are hard to figure there have been to many variations to accurately gauge what it would take.
Gundam: Giant Mecha yes please.
Full Metal Panic!: Maybe giant mecha hell yeah but high school angst and otherwise no way.
High School of the Dead: NO. Zombies cheat.
I have watched others and have liked them but i think this will cover some basics.

CODE-D

Feb 6, 2011
If I get to be a saiyan with the tetsusaiga have a cyber brain and have a fully awakened magenkyou sharingan....then yes.

CulixCupric

Oct 20, 2011
Plazmatic said:
yeah a quiz that makes your computer lock up and give you a white screen while also attempting to give you a virus, nice job! was that script exploit easy to find?
Wha? it's just an escapist quiz. what exploit? i don't know jack about web-coding.

Hal10k said:
Nimbus said:

I'll one-up you. Not only am I in possesion of a sword, it is a sword that originally belonged to my father and is subsequently treated as a family heirloom. I'm hitting all of the sword cliches here.

Then again, it is fairly reasonably sized. I suppose that makes me the villain here. Still fun, though.
forgot this cliche: "it was forged of starmetal (meteorite) by the world's only master smith after going on a side quest to prove you are the hero worthy of such a blade."

z121231211

Jun 24, 2008
If it means I can replace my high school memories with Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and then have every half year be a new awesome 24-episode anime then Fuck Yeah I would enjoy it.

But considering the most popular anime are stupid shounens (Naruto, Bleach, etc.) it'd turn into one big stupid shounen that I'd just wish would end.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
God-no, I'm an American nerd, I'd get killed off in the first episode of the world as a generic extra killed by the big bad or some monster (possibly on just on news footage of international incidents that is airing in Japan).

Shadow flame master

Jul 1, 2011
It really depends on what type of anime I'll be living in. I can honestly say that I would hate being in an harem-type anime with out a doubt.

I guess if I could have a giant robot to pilot, like the Gundam series, then it would be enjoyable. Also, having magic, giant monsters, dual-weilding swords, transmuting things, and traveling in time would be awesome.

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
CulixCupric said:
Hal10k said:
Nimbus said:

forgot this cliche: "it was forged of starmetal (meteorite) by the world's only master smith after going on a side quest to prove you are the hero worthy of such a blade."
I'm going to assume on principle that that one applies as well.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
Nouw said:
Oh god, the world would be a scary place. Everyone would have the craziest hair-dos and the ones with the craziest would be the strongest. [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AnimeHair]And don't even [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BuxomIsBetter] start on breasts. [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BoobsOfSteel]

On a more positive note, DigiWorld here I come! *Anime starry eyes. As long as I could escape to there, I wouldn't mind. The real-world would however...
you forgot the adults that look like kids...
O.T. hmmm probably be a bad idea I'm not gonna be standing around shouting for days just to finish a fight but I do know the spikier and bigger your hair the more powerful you are

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
ccggenius12 said:
Damnit, this thread made TV tropes eat another 3 hours of my life... On the plus side, I tested as the hero, so I get all the winning forever, and can never be killed! (at least, not permanently.)
Was it me? If so, *maniacal laugh. I hope it didn't bother you too much :)