Poll: Would you have sex with your cousin?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Kelz0r said:
Deformities from incest show up through generations of incest. It's more likely with siblings, but still, we're talking generations. Cousins used to be normal. 3rd cousins is pretty damn distant.
The risks are similar to a woman in her forties or fifties having a baby with someone who isn't her blood relative, just to put in context. That does only apply to one generation, but since you brought it up, thought I'd mention.

So I'm not worried about flipper babies. Just...Ew...

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
Jebediah Springfield: People, our search is over! On this site we shall build a new town where we can worship freely, govern justly, and grow vast fields of hemp for making rope and blankets.
Shelbyville Manhattan: Yes! And marry our cousins.
Jebediah Springfield: I was- wha... what are you talking about, Shelbyville? Why would we want to marry our cousins?
Shelbyville Manhattan: Because they're so attractive. I... I thought that was the whole point of this journey.
Jebediah Springfield: Absolutely not!
Shelbyville Manhattan: I tell you, I won't live in a town that robs men of the right to marry their cousins!

Caffiene

Jul 21, 2010
If it was 4th or 5th cousin I dont think Id ever even know... I dont even know who my 3rd cousins are, that I can think of.

Closer than that... the logical part of me says theres no problem, but Im still not sure Id do it.

Kelz0r said:
Deformities from incest show up through generations of incest. It's more likely with siblings, but still, we're talking generations. Cousins used to be normal. 3rd cousins is pretty damn distant.
Yep. Actually, I seem to remember hearing from a reliable channels that the "genetic risk" of first cousins having a child together is less than the genetic risk of a woman over the age of 50 having a child. Cant find the source though.

Aug 1, 2010
I only have one cousin my age, but if I was given the chance, ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY!

I don't care that she is blood. I don't care that she is my first cousin. I wouldn't even care if people found out.

She is one of the hottest people on the goddam planet.

Plus, we already showed things to each other when we were really little...

Oh yeah, and protection would be required. No matter what.

Slaanesh

Aug 1, 2011
Kelz0r said:
I'm not for this, but I just wanna clear something up.

I'd still say no, because culturally we are shaped to dislike this kind of thing. Unless she's your dream girl or something, is it really worth all the trouble?
There would be no trouble, and I am NOT HAVING GOD DAMNED KIDS. I'm not even pursuing a relationship, its sex, thats it.
Danz D Man said:
Why is there no plain "yes" option?
That said, I don't know.
added one

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
I don't even think I've ever even met my 3rd cousins or anything beyond that. My second cousin once removed is pretty hot. That's about it though as far as hot relatives (that are dudes anyway). He's married though. :/
ravensheart18 said:
If people think we need to concern ourselves with eugenics...I mean genetics... then we should all be tested prior to having kids/marrying/dating instead of just picking on certain relationships.
Wasn't Uma Thurman in that movie?

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Man, why all this talk of relationships marriage, and procreation? The guy just asked about fucking. I don't have any attractive female cousins, so I couldn't say for sure, but my gut tells me casual and protected- yes. Marriage and procreation- moot point, don't want that with anyone.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
ravensheart18 said:
Oh I forgot about that movie. Gattaca was fantastic.
I love the scene where the doctor says he wished his parents had ordered him a penis like the main character's. Seriously, could you imagine that: "OK, now how big do you want your son's penis to be? The 9 inch model is only $20,000 more than the 8 inch one."

hexFrank202

Mar 21, 2010
lithium.jelly said:
American culture is full of the weirdest hangups.
And there's culture in the middle-east that consciously intends to chaotically destroy civilization.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
As Stephen Fry once said: The short answer is no. The long answer is fuck no.

Or addendum, I guess: If I didn't know then obviously that's different, but once I found out it's definitely a no.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
l3o2828 said:
Incest, therefore no.
According to the law, 4th cousin and beyond is legal, since by that point you're so distant that blood ties are almost nonexistant.

CODE-D

Feb 6, 2011
I have one girl cousin(a 7.7/10) and Im going through a promiscuous period so.....maybe.
Dont judge me, blame hormones.
In the long run its just sexual experience.....unless babies are born.....o_o

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
A distant one that I didn't put in the family zone? Sure, why not? A cousin cousin? Like a first cousin? *thinks about the choices and shudders* Absolutely not in a million years. That would be a terrible idea on so many levels.