Poll: Would you join the Space Marines?

kingcom

Jan 14, 2009
Personally if I had a choice, I would be signing up for the Inquisition, I do my job right and smart, I get freedom, quality of life and I might just make it out alive.

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
I'd rather live and have freedom,also i'm lazy so i probably won't even go through the training.

And also i want to keep my brain for myself.

chaosbedlam

Apr 15, 2009
Hell yeah! and when i suffer mortal wounds i would hope to become a Dreadnought and be seriously badass!

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
I'm about two feet too short and I'd need 100% more supersoldier-related gene therapy... so no.

But living in the Imperium of Man would suck regardless. Given my background in the real world, I'd wind up as a damned flashlight operator.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
I'm pretty sure if I were to enter any military group it would be them. I mean, Space Marines.

Quijiboh

Mar 24, 2011
I'd prefer to become a gue'vesa for the Tau. It seems like it would be much less awful.

AdeptaSororitas

Jul 11, 2011
Aris Khandr said:
Going to go with no. Adepta Sororitas, on the other hand, sure. I'm at least properly 'equipped' for that one.
Emperor be praised!

Cheshire the Cat said:
Your personality is pretty much wiped by psycho indoctrination
Unless you're space wolves ^.~ Drink and be merry, for tomorrow we may die!

karamazovnew

Apr 4, 2011
What do you mean JOIN? I'm already a Captain in the Ultramarines :)
Seriously tho, as long as I feel no pain and can start from the latest checkpoint every time my vision gets grey (I mean die), HELL YEAH! But enough talk, it's back to the game for me.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
matell said:
well the Imperium IS going down the drain, with more and more rampant psychers, and the Golden Throne not being what it once was, IMO the end will be a galaxy in which only the necrons and the tyranids continue to battle.
So I guess I would join (become?) the Orkz, they have the most fun even when losing battles.
In your end of days scenario you need to also factor in chaos because both the necrons and tyranids don't mess with the warp. Also I figure the necrons would win simply because the tyranids would lose all their biomass (not like they can feed on the necrons).

OT: In a heartbeat, sadly I don't have the physical strength required though they could solve that through steroids. They'd want me for my mind and I figure I'd advance quickly through the ranks though my love of battle might cause an accusation that I work for Khorne.

The Forces of Chaos

Mar 25, 2010
Iron Hands if it had to be loyalist. The Word Beaerers if chaos. Being an imortal god on the battlefield is tempting and a chance to become a daemon prince even more so. Dark Eldar have it pretty good if your on top in the food chain in commorragh though.

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
So, you're technically asking me if I want to be a badass alien-killing machine who is also a religious fanatic? Sounds like fun!

Petter Johan

Aug 28, 2011
As said previously, you do not join the space marines.
You're cloned from the emperors own flesh.
You dont get turned into a 9 foot tall monster, in basic training,
you're born that way.
Then the training starts. - Ultramarines forever

Caverat

Jun 11, 2010
AdeptaSororitas said:
Aris Khandr said:
Going to go with no. Adepta Sororitas, on the other hand, sure. I'm at least properly 'equipped' for that one.
Emperor be praised!

Cheshire the Cat said:
Your personality is pretty much wiped by psycho indoctrination
Unless you're space wolves ^.~ Drink and be merry, for tomorrow we may die!
Space Wolves FTW!

Alkali

Nov 25, 2009
Space wolves are absolutely where it's at.
Failing that, jump ships, get a bit of Thousand Sons going.

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
i was under the impression that the space marines were one of the few groups still clued in as to the fact the emperor isn't a deity. but from the posts here it seems I am wrong.