Poll: Would You Kill Baby Hitler?

lambsheep

Mar 9, 2010
I would keep him alive because the war brought many things into this world, such as computers. If he wasnt here we wouldnt be talking about this.

GriZZlyWulF

May 17, 2010
If it wasn't Hitler, would've been someone else in his place, so I'd turn him into the anti-Fuhrer to take out the Nazi Reich before they reached power and become ruler of Germany with Hitler as my *****. Curing WW2, saving Hitler's artistic skills and screwing up yer timelines for the lulz :3

MasTerHacK

Apr 15, 2009
Poofs said:
Ok, lets assume that one day you wake up with extremely limited time-travel powers and the only way to gain the full extent of your time-traveling powers is to travel back to January 1, 1890 in Germany and confront baby Hitler

What would you do in this situation?

Would you kill Baby Hitler?
Would you just take your full upgrade and leave?
Would you do something else?

I WANT TO KNOW!

also if you choose option 3 please elaborate in your post
if you choose another option elaborate anyways
The alternative is... Shave his mustache off. Then people would've actually taken him serious and wouldn't let him start the war, expand his army, even though he, AKA Germany, was obliged to not have more than a 100000 soldiers at any given time, after WWI.

MikailCaboose

Jun 16, 2009
No. As horrible as it was, the Holocaust was a major step of learning for humanity. If Hitler had been killed, thus preventing it from happening, it would be risking the Holocaust merely occurring later (and with much more devastating death-counts) for the sole reason that it had never happened, and thus we would have no real comparative knowledge regarding it. It could be...risky to do that.

PlasticTree

May 17, 2009
No. Not because I think it's sad or mean or whatever, but because I like the world where I live in now. And, selfish as it may be: I think that's worth sacrificing 6 million Jews for that. I wouldn't take the risk of getting back to 2010 and finding out that we now live in a Middle Ages renaissance.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
The Holocaust showed us the dangers of government corruption. It's too important of a lesson over which to kill Hitler. Not to mention I would assume killing him in baby form would be heavily frowned upon back in those days.

Shifty Tortoise

Sep 10, 2008
No, but i would kidnap him and take him to England or someplace, that should be enough to keep him out of trouble.

guntotingtomcat

Jun 29, 2010
I really don't care about killing a baby if it will save lives. My "soul" is not as important as ten million innocents.
But there is no garuntee that killing baby hitler would prevent the war, or even the holocaust! Killing him might even result in more death! There's no way of knowing!
Probably safest to kill him, though. He seems to have been the largest factor.

Interscene

Mar 23, 2009
I don't know if this has been mentioned already... Go see "The Boys from Brazil" staring Gregory Peck and Laurence Olivier.

If I wanted to change history - and if I had that ability - I'd choose a far better, cleaner and more certain method than killing a baby.

World War II didn't happen purely because of Hitler but because of massive outbreaks of nationalism, dissatisfaction with post-war recessions and frequent humiliating invasions by France. Although you may prevent the holocaust it might not have prevented the war and its hardly a clean way to manipulate events.

I'd prefer a way of garanteeing Germany's peaceful restructuring and creating an economy and political situation with stability, where Hitler and the nationalists would have been imprisoned by a jury of their peers at a young age for being a bunch of racist fruitbaskets.

Moromillas

May 25, 2010
What the hell are 15% of escapists thinking!? If by some miracle you find yourself temporarily back in time, you should never ever ever touch anything... Even the slightest change can have profound impacts in the future, especially traveling that far back.

Blunderman

Jun 24, 2009
Of course I would simply give the baby a lollipop and then go on to use my powers of time travel to bring so much goodness to the world in an infinite amount of ways that the Hitler kill or don't kill dichotomy becomes entirely irrelevant.

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
If we are talking time travel then no, you can't because it causes a paradox. The only reason you would go back and kill a baby hitler is because of what he did etc. If you killed him he never did it and hence why you would never have a reason to go back and kill him.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Poofs said:
"Oh, you and your moral conundrums - I do so love them!" [cookie for reference :D]

OT I wouldn't because, as many have said, for all the death and destruction that WW2 caused, the world learned so many important things and so much was developed - hell, computers were invented during the war, weren't they? The world could easily be worse off now than it is, however hard the decision to allow countless millions to die would be.

I would just get the upgrade and leave.