Poll: Would You Kill Baby Hitler?

satanslawer123

Aug 6, 2009
no i wouldnt world war two was thew best thing that happened to this wolrd yes millions got killed but with out it were not be as advanved as we are so id go forward into time and go to when he whants to kill him self then teleport him to now

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
Kill the dictator? But he is just the product of festering political unrest. Kill the dictator, and another one will appear in his place. Kill him too? Why not kill everyone and invade Poland?

Farfelkugeln

Aug 10, 2009
No, haven't you played Red Alert?
I actually suspect something to that effect might happen if you where to travel back in time and kill Hitler.

And as some already pointed out earlier in this thread, I think we might lose an important experience by doing so.

Nunny

Aug 22, 2009
1: By killing hitler then he would not be involved in what was to follow, so then there would be no need to kill him.
If there is no need to kill him then it would not have been done and we are back at 1.

yay eternal loop.

Manbro

Oct 23, 2008
Why not just go back in time and raise him yourself? Surely that's more kind than killing him and involves a lot less bloodshed. Make him be a Doctor, or let him be an artist. Just a thought.

Ciler

Nov 16, 2009
Hitler actually made some big mistakes had some serious flaws that helped to end the war much quicker. If someone more competent and less egomaniacal was in charge, things could have been much worse.

Check out "How Hitler Lost the War": http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0243976/

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
I'd just take him with me.
If he's not there, he cannot grow up and become evil.
I would place him in care in someplace where they taught him propper morals, which would prevent him form becoming the evil hitler we all know about.

Porygon-2000

I have a green hat! Why?!
Jul 14, 2010
I believe Tv Tropes has an article on this very subject - Hitler's Time Travel Exemption Act

(on bringing this up, based on the mass of comments already here, I assume on probabilities that I have been ninja'd)

Aaaanyway, No, not really. Not to avoid messing with history, but cause I really just don't want the time travel powers. I wouldnt be able to wrap my head around the tenses, man!

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Talshere said:
To kill a figure of such historic importance could forever cripple us in ways we cannot imagine. Now the USA not constantly trying to relive its only true major military victory would probably be a good thing but god look at all the things round the word we attribute to the war. The fact the cold war never went nuclear is a testament to Nagasaki and Hiroshima. The current EU might never have become possible. NATO might never have been formed. The cold war might never have happened.

Yes by removing Hitler before the second world war ever kicked off could have saved millions, prevented the holocaust, but, what would have happened if we had never learnt those lessons when we did? What could we have done without the ability to look back on what happened?

Id much rather have the history we know, no matter how dark it might be, than risk provoking something far far worse.
Without Germany, Russia would have been the main power in Europe and would have taken most of Northern Europe. Russia was never our allies, we just shared a common enemy.

EboMan7x said:
I'd take him to Israel.
You mean Palestine?

Alade

Ego extravaganza
Aug 10, 2008
I would never take the risk and change anything in the past, too many ways to get yourself killed by eliminating your present self.

PS: Yes I value my life over all the lives he took, but then again I value my life over all 6 billion + on the planet now.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
See, I think that Hitler did some good. Wait, read the rest. I am Jewish, and my family did survive the war, and holocaust. But, because of this, (correct me if I'm wrong) the state of Israel was formed, and iff it hadn't been, my parents wouldn't have moved there, meet, get married, have me, etc. So, no. I wouldn't. Jews died to get a Jewish state formed. Not a fair trade I guess. But if I had time travel powers and it would not screw up everything, then I would give him to another family. It wasn't his fault, it was his upbringing.

Isalan

Jun 9, 2008
If Star Trek has taught us one thing, and one thing only, DO NOT FUCK WITH HISTORY.

OT: Nah, Tabula Rasa. Babies are a blank slate. I'd go back and pretend to be Jewish and be nice to him.

Ampersand

May 1, 2010
Obviously i'd kidnap baby hitler, raise him to be less genocidal and train him to become my sidekick as i fight crime with my time traveling superpowers.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
No, I would stop his father violently beating him on a regular basis, give him money so he dosnt have to beg on the streets of munich and finally help him get into that art school he got rejected from.

If that fails, slash the tires on his bike during WW1 so he dosnt deliver the message and get promoted for bravery (and possibly get shelled).

and if that fails...
Cut his throat while hes in hospital after the mustard gas attack.

Why kill him for something, when I could try and stop him doing it in the first place.