Poll: Would You Kill Baby Hitler?

InfernoJesus

Aug 18, 2009
The world needs a non-religious and still relevant figure to hate on.

No one remembers him for the wonders he did for Germany in morale, economy, and pride. No one remembers him as the man who led a nation on a near-continental conquest out of sheer charisma. They simply despise him because he lost the war and was the most relevant person to direct hate on at the time.

Anyone who finished Code Geass R2 should be familiar with this concept.

Also, to quote the Dark Knight:
"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now...and so we'll hunt him...because he can take it...because he's not a hero...he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...the Dark Knight"

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
No, as killing one man you think you'd save history, but with the millions saved x2 30 years of population who knows what other disasters could have happened because of over population, what person might start what new war or new atrocity...

To man factors. History happened...leave it be.

gabe12301

Jun 30, 2010
I would kill him, but WWII did help the U.S. out of the depression by creating jobs and the world learned a lot from the war.Plus I play COD so....

Ponch

Mar 31, 2010
Nope. By altering the past, I would be changing the future in which I attained my powers in the first place.

Ciran

Feb 7, 2009
No, I wouldn't. There's no telling how the future will be affected and it could turn out to be something far worse than what happened.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
No. What would happen if Hitler died? WWII might have been prevented, or it could still have happened. Hell, we might have actually had to go against someone who actually listened to their generals. If WWII never happened, who knows what today would have been like? We might have have nuked each other multiple times if it weren't for Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Diligent

Dec 20, 2009
Absolutely not. It's easy to say yes without thinking, but can you even really picture yourself killing a baby? I bet you can't even really consider how you would do it...at least I hope you can't...
Anyway, butterfly effect etc. etc.

Also, this songs lyrics sums it all up nicely:
Time travel will be
the death of man,
only the devil fools
with the best laid plans.

Kagim

Aug 26, 2009
No.

Because World War 2 dragged a number of countries out of an economic depression and was a huge leap forward in technology and medicine.

As well Germany would have snapped eventually anyways. The war Guilt Clause was horribly crushing. It pretty much condemned the country to an eternity of poverty. If it wasn't Hitler someone else would have eventually made a move.

World War 2 is an important time in history. As much as we wish it had never happened its very important that it did.

FriendlyAntagonist

Jul 18, 2010
I would kill him if he was in his teen years and not have a problem with doing so just to see what changes in the time line I am interested in that sort of thing but I don't think I could Kill a baby or a child.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I like the world the way it is; I wouldn't go back in time to kill Hitler. Besides, what's to stop an even worse person, like Himmler or Goebbels, from taking his place?

doodger

May 19, 2010
If i killed hitler, the soviet union would have grown unchecked and beaten up all of europe, creating a much worse world war 2. This is plausible, by the way.

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
Killing a baby Hitler wouldn't change history much, some other baby would just turn into an evil dictator and cause a world war in an attempt to bring their country pride and glory. Who knows this one might be worst, or win. Besides back when Hitler was a baby he had a chance to not turn evil, there are infinite possibilities in all things, and anything can change or happen differently.

Nifarious

Mar 15, 2010
I offer something else:
LOL

Besides, Germany didn't get that way just because of one man.

scythecow

Aug 30, 2010
I'm not the violent type, let alone the baby-killing type. Not the drastically-changing-history type either. Save, you know, preventing something like annihilation of the human race. There's nothing that guarantees removing Hitler from history wouldn't just make everything worse. I don't think time travel would be enough to resolve the many flaws of the human condition...

And even knowing everything, who can kill a baby in cold blood? I'd just say hi to baby Hitler and then leave.