Poll: Would you kill your clone?

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Why would I ever rob the world of me?
More me means I can do twice as much of whatever I wanted to do, or be in two places at once.
My clone, being completely identical to me would think the same thing, so we'd be in in complete agreement on this.
Plus I'd probably sex my clone.
A lot.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Unless you're gay, WHY would you want to have sex with your clone? That's just... And no, it's not the same as masturbation. Masturbation is stimulating your sexual organs into orgasm by yourself. That is it. As someone said, sex with your clone is a lot more like incest.

Anyway, I'd definitely let him live. I finally have someone that's perfectly matched with me in games. Oh man, I can already see it. They would get so intense as both of our wills to win clash epically. Yeah, living situations might be tough but I'll deal with it.

Stg

Jul 19, 2011
Casual Shinji said:
I think I'd just wait till he's asleep, knock him out, and tatoo 'NOT ARJAN' (my real name) on his forehead. That way I can be assured of a distinction while I bide my time to figure out what to do with him.
If you clone is an exact replica of yourself, knowing you would do this to him, wouldn't he do the same to you - either first or in retaliation?

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
Why would you kill your clone? having a close is awesome! You can work together and have twice the life you have, it's essentially you x 2

Kennetic

Jan 18, 2011
Honestly, I would just hang out with my clone to see what it was like when other people hang out with me. I don't think I'm that bad but it might turn out that I'm a total douche. Or Awesome. Who knows?

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
T0ad 0f Truth said:
I couldn't bring myself to do it. In the wise words of Captain Malcolm Reynolds... I'm just too pretty to die.

What to name him now though.... Decisions...
Same...kind of. The clone is a sentient life-form, so killing is nope. He deserves to have a chance at life, just like anyone else who has ever been born. I don't like the idea of two of me walking around any more than anybody else, but the worst I'd do is forcibly shave him, give him my contact info in case he gets into trouble, give him some getting-started money, then send him far away where there won't be a case of mistaken identity. The world's big enough for the both of us. He'd be my cool distant-yet-uncomfortably close relative and my deep, dark secret!

EDIT: Oh yeah, Clavicus, I suppose. I'd name him Clavicus. :)

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
I don't really buy the argument of 'losing half your life'. I mean, sure, from the start you could argue that you will maybe lose 50% of your current assets, if you treat the situation like a divorce. But after that? Not really a big deal, and possibly some advantages to having someone you know you can work with.

L. Declis

Apr 19, 2012
Does he want my life? And my girlfriend? Then I'd probably try to kill him.

Will he leave me alone? Then I'd embark on a crime spree with a perfect alibi and we'd both line our pockets, go vigilante for a bit, and after we're done, we go our separate ways and never look at each other again. We both pick a country out of a hat, and move there, and not tell the other.

TheIceQueen

Sep 15, 2013
Why would I want to kill myself? I love me! And having another me around just means I can love myself even more!

And I mean that exactly how you think I do.

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
In all honesty, I would probably have sex with my clone...

Don't judge me.

I mean, how else would I know if I were good in bed? I would probably then give him a new name (not far off from mine) and wacky hijinks would ensue. Fuck reality shows, I want a goddamn sitcom, but in real-life (in this hypothetical situation).

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
Nah, he'd be too depressed and afraid (if he shares my memories, personality etc.) of the bigger questions in life to really consider thoughts of killing me.
Besides, I could never bring myself to kill someone, and I imagine that would go for him as well.
If anything, I guess he could adopt a new identity and live somewhere else.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Reminds me of a film with Michael Keaton in, trying to work a schedule with his clone buddies.

Anyhow seeing as my clone would be me entirely, it would do anything that i would think of doing too. Mirroring me almost. The only thing that matters is who acts first. I would have to kill him instantly to garuntee he doesnt just so he doesnt change his mind while im sleeping, assuming he doesnt battle me straight away.
Though, in reality i would probably let him live out of curiousity. Itll get me killed no doubt, but i could experiment with different looks like my personal dress up doll that i could unleash on the public. Oh wait...no we could write some sick music together!!! I must retire to my chambers to think upon this.

Lastly, the popularity of ppl with clone sex fantasies really disturbs my train of thought.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
Well the good news is I have almost no friends, I've never had a girlfriend and no real prospects for finding one before I go off to college. I have nothing which belongs to myself explicitly except for the clothes I wear (of which I have extras so that's not really an issue). My elder brother is currently at college and we never got rid of the bunk beds so we've got a surplus of room for him to stay. I'm so close to my high-school graduation we could just have him lay low until that is over and claim he was spawned afterwards and so the degree would apply to us both. If you say 1 in 10 million has a clone, then it's fairly likely this phenomena is well-documented and as such there are systems in place for A) my clone to get a social security number, id, and other such documentation which he needs to be a fully functional person in this country and B) Negotiations with colleges (as that's sort of the most important impending thing coming up) to account for there suddenly being 2 of a candidate who was not only qualified for but has accepted admission.

Really the only thing we'd need to worry about is food and the psychological effects of one of us being bored off our asses for the next month and a half, as we'd ultimately flip a coin to decide who is going to be the "original" and who is the "clone" (and as such go through some bureaucracy to get his shit sorted) if there is no evidence supporting one of us over the other as either. Might even use the opportunity to take up a new given name.

Tangent: Okay, so I just looked up some names which began with K for ideas, bringing me to a baby-name website and, I swear to god this is real, Kal-el is listed as a suggestion for boys. This makes me so happy I don't even mind all of the other K names which seem to be pulling letters out of a hat or are just perversions on other names' spelling.

So yeah, there's no way in hell I'd kill my clone because now is just about the best time for him to... come in to being I guess is the term. Going forward if we'd manage to attend the same university we'd basically be twin best buddies: not only understanding likes, dislikes, insecurities, strengths and weaknesses, but we could also coach and encourage each other to actually do shit (as I tend to need someone to make me get up to do things, but at the same time when in a group I often am the one trying to encourage others to do just that). Hell, now that I think about it I'd actually like to run into my clone tomorrow and bring him into the family. The next few months would be baller and we'd self improve quite a bit with someone to actually do that shit with.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
nope, I'd have sex with her

I'm not even joking

unless of coarse you consider your clone to be your twin bro/sister which technically they are when you think about it

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
No, I think it'd be way too scary to see what I look like when I die.

I'd fight him, and he'd be up for it, it'd be the lamest fight ever but it would be so awesome for us.

Keiichi Morisato

Nov 25, 2012
well... if i met my clone, and was essentially me, he would be a shut in just like me. so would i kill him? maybe, maybe not, i think i would to save money on food.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
It's certainly something I would consider. Who knows what they would plan to do? I know my initial reaction would be to consider them hostile, which means they'd do the same. And then there would be a sense of paranoia because if I was considering it, then they would be to.

I don't know if I could actually bring myself to do it though, hence my not choosing the definitely kill option.

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
What? Murder?!?! At last, someone I can play co-op games with. Also, a pretty core tenet of my philosophy is that life is something to respect and treasure. Neither of us would be particularly inclined to end the other. And I'd also have way too much respect for the other person's point of view to try anything like that. I mean, its me. And I don't want to die.

(And despite not being gay, we'd probably try having sex at some point)

Ikasury

May 15, 2013
it is an interesting question, i like most of all that you added specification that they ARE completely you as of the moment of cloning, not blank slates but have all your memories and experiences, and likely would be indistinguishable from you, hell they probably believe just as i would that 'i am the real one'

i'd honestly be rather afraid with another 'me' running around, especially when 'technically' either i or them could 'get away' with anything and just blame it on the other... it brings about a grave morality dilemma, the fact that there even 'is' an 'other' me would automatically stimulate a competition to strive proving either my own or their validity as the original...

i've been doing a lot of this in philosophy class lately actually, thought exercises like this, and i remember some of the stuff i learned in psych... by those sciences we as humans in our efforts to identify ourselves as 'the original' MUST destroy the impostor to validate our argument permanently... nature, our psyche, and entire being would demand it... suppose i'd be more weirded out by people saying 'no we mustnt' for some innane reason as 'morality'...

but suppose that is the kicker... i know how i think, i know how i am... i can be bother horribly cruel or the kindest of saints, suppose its only a matter of which identity i take and accept...

suppose another thing that would make this 'moot' is that the moment we are 'separate' we start having 'separate' experiences and then become two different people... then its no longer an arguement about killing a clone but someone disturbingly 'like' me but not 'me' as they are separate from me and out of my will...

i forsee a dark room, a table with a lamp, a knife pointing one way, a gun pointing the other on the table while me and myself sit across from each other and have a rather surreal 'conversation'... how it will end... who knows... i'm very territorial therefore it is likely we both would be... no one would leave that room the 'same' as they went in... one would lose everything and need to craft a new identity, the other the 'victory' who gets to keep the spoils of what is familiar...

edit: you need an 'i don't know' option for the true neutral :p