Poll: Would you play World of 'StarCraft' if it was released?

Byr0m

Jun 7, 2010
Search-bar approved
OK, I know some of you definitely don't like the idea at all but, for everyone else, what would you do if 'World of StarCraft' was released.
In hindsight, it doesn't seem like too much of a bad idea, I mean Blizzard could kind of use a similar formula to what they did with WoW but make it subtle so its not noticeable, and, in theory, you would have a profitable and popular MMO.

Also, both Warcraft and Starcraft started out as/are MMOs and both have a diverse and complicated enough lore to allow a MMO. IMO, I would definitely buy it, I love StarCraft, am absolutely psyched for SC2 and, when I can afford them, really enjoy MMOs. Plus, playing as a Space Marine would be cool IMO.

TL:DR Would you buy a StarCraft MMO, if yes - why?, if no - why not?, any possible ideas e.g. gameplay mechanics etc

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Definitely.
Starcraft is my greatest game ever, and anything that I could play that would expand the lore and fun would be welcome.
Also, does anyone remember the World of Starcraft April Fool's joke?

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
I'd at least give a free trial a go, but if they did that well, I'd be in love. Someone would die if I couldn't be a Ghost, though.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Volafortis said:
You know what would be awesome? If it was an MMO RTS.
I found a FreeWare game like that somewhere.
One player played RTS format, and gave tactical commands and built NPC units, while the FPS players received the orders on where to go next and who to fight.
It looked pretty interesting.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
Of course! Hell, I played WoW for four years before quitting a few months ago, and I like StarCraft more than WarCraft. I'd get it in a heart-beat.

Byr0m

Jun 7, 2010
Radeonx said:
Volafortis said:
You know what would be awesome? If it was an MMO RTS.
I found a FreeWare game like that somewhere.
One player played RTS format, and gave tactical commands and built NPC units, while the FPS players received the orders on where to go next and who to fight.
It looked pretty interesting.
Theres a few like that - I think there's a free one on Steam (its a source mod) called Empires

Link: http://www.empiresmod.com/

Kagim

Aug 26, 2009
If it was a live action shooter MMOFPSRPG i would love it. I have never seen someone do it well, and i doubt i ever will.

May 23, 2010
Did you actually suggest that Blizzard is capable of making something innovative? teehee
No I wouldn't play it - it'd be a grindy MMO (because blizzard would copy+paste WOW)
- I prefer the 40k universe
- Not a fan of Blizzard's or Activision's exploits