Poll: Would You Push The Button? (Moral Dilemma)

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
No, not now, not ever.

Money isn't worth the infinite value of loved ones. Besides, no money could fix the guilt of what you've done.

TheDarkestDerp

Dec 6, 2010
Why the hell not? Mother, dead. Father, disowned me, possibly dead. Brother never liked me either and seems to be on his third or maybe fourth divorce...

*jams on button like it's goin' outta style*

chinangel

Sep 25, 2009
most of my immediate family and I don't really get along so i probably would. as long as it wasn't my brother or daddy.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I would need to know how they would die before making a decision like that. Would it be painless, or would they suffer?

A painless and instantaneous death is the best you can ask for, considering all the things a human being can die of.

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
The answer is hell no

Change it to some random person in the world I do not know and the answer is still hell no, although I must admit that the odds of me slugging the person asking would go down slightly.

Change it to me getting to pick who dies and I'll come back with a list of fifty or so illegal drug tycoons, warlords, and similar scum.

Change it to some random person who's currently suffering, going to die soon anyways and for whom a swift death like this would come as a relief, and then I will have something to hesitate over.

P.S. This seems appropriate

Pirate Of PC Master race

Rambles about half of the time
Jun 14, 2013
Hmmmmmm yes.

First of all, I am not that attached to my family members.
I am pretty sure I have to go through grieving phase someday, might as well as go through it now.

SonofaJohannes

Apr 18, 2011
Most assuredly not, I love my family; no amount of money could make me do it. Besides, I don't go to carnivals.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Nope, I couldn't do it, my family has been way too good to me. No abuse, neglect, or anything like that from any of them, I couldn't live with myself. Besides, a million dollars sounds nice at first, but you can't do too much with it, and still have a comfortable life.

For a random person in the world, I still probably wouldn't do it, but I could consider it if I were in dire need of it.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I wouldn't press it unless I could choose who died from my family. I'd press it for only $10,000 if I knew my brother would die.

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
Not for my family, no. If I got to choose, I would press it. Lots of people out there don't deserve to live. ... But then again, people could argue that I don't, either... So, if I got to choose who it would be, yes, I'd press it. But I'm not a good person.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
No. As much as I don't particularly care for my father and sister, I still wouldn't take any amount of money to perhaps kill them.

Simon Pettersson

Apr 4, 2010
I can't do it for any money, maybe if someone else that I didn't like or someone I didn't know died. But I doubt I would do it even then.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
I would not. I would do almost anything for a million dollars, but guaranteeing the death of someone close to me is not one of them.

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
No amount of money. Not for my family. We're not especially close and I'm not especially attached. But they'd still leave a a strange void if they were gone. I couldn't knowingly let that happen.

At least... not for my immediate family.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Jezzy54 said:
That's not a moral dilemma, that's just sick.
Amen.

This isn't a "classic moral dilemma". It's a sicker version of the button dilemma. However, in the real version someone who you don't know dies. That's what makes it a real dilemma.

Really, this isn't as much a question of "would you do it?" as "do you hate your family enough to do it?". Plus, unless you're part of some religious group who doesn't believe in protection where families have like 15 members, you're only going to make something like 5-7 million out of this at best. No sensible person or anyone who had a decent upbringing would do this.

And neither would I. Family are something you have to really hate beyond reason to ever even consider killing. No amount of money or riches in the world will replace them. No one will ever know you like they do. Once they're gone, you've lost a part of yourself.