Poll: Would you rather...

Molikroth

Nov 1, 2008
nikomas1 said:
Immortality, Id get a gun and kill of some people I hate, Then declare myself the dictator of Earth and claim I'm godsend or something. Then id shoot myself in the head on live TV to prove that I'm indeed entitled to rule the earth, Then say that if anyone doubts me "Bring a weapon and try to kill me". Otherwise id slowly destroy the world.
Without some prior preparation (i.e. gaining powerful friends) you'd likely spend a few milennia in a cage being studied.

nikomas1

Jul 3, 2008
Molikroth said:
nikomas1 said:
Immortality, Id get a gun and kill of some people I hate, Then declare myself the dictator of Earth and claim I'm godsend or something. Then id shoot myself in the head on live TV to prove that I'm indeed entitled to rule the earth, Then say that if anyone doubts me "Bring a weapon and try to kill me". Otherwise id slowly destroy the world.
Without some prior preparation (i.e. gaining powerful friends) you'd likely spend a few milennia in a cage being studied.
The first thing that id do is kill a bully of mine but sure id prepare of course. Also think of all the religious extremist you could sway to your side?

foolishnun

Oct 18, 2008
Jharry5 said:
An eternity of being alone would drive you insane, meaning that your situation wouldn't mean anything to you. I wouldn't be able to endure a thousand years of torture, so I'd have to opt for living forever...
You're assuming that you'd be a happy lunatic. Maybe it would be eternity in torment.
nathan-dts said:
foolishnun said:
a) Be tortured for 1,000 years in agonizing pain, and then die.
So am I to assume that I cannot die at all during this time and that my captores can also not die during this time?
Sure I guess so, but that's not really the point.

Hang on what the hell am I saying? There isn't really a point to any of this.

Tomw1812

Nov 9, 2008
i'd live forever, even if i was floating around space i can entertain myself every easily, that's why i think all games are AWESOME!!1!!!!!11!

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
Wait, how is this hard? I suppose that this is a valid point:
notyouraveragejoe said:
I'm going for be tortured for a thousand years. The single reason I couldn't do the live forever thing is because I see all my loved ones die and then I love again and they die...I wouldn't be able to handle it.
but I think that spending the time with those loved ones and everything else would be worth it. Think about it, if you can go through all the tragedies of life once, wouldn't you be able to do it again and again, if nothing changes. As long as the tragedies are balanced with the good things, it's the same as one regular lifetime, just again and again and again.

And I don't care if Earth was destroyed by a meteor or the sun blew up or something, I would be able to lead humanity in a mass exodus to another planet and terraform it, and just jump from planet to planet indefinetly as needed. And even if I couldn't, I would just go to sleep and drift through space until I found another inhabited planet.

Gotham Soul

Aug 12, 2008
Immortality. But wait, do I still have to fill the basic needs of a human e.g. food, water, shelter? Because if so, that means I have to find a job I really, really, really like.

Yeah, immortality. I'll get to do all the things I couldn't do because I was restrained by society and mortality.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
Most of the time I'd say no to living forever, but if the other option is alot of pain then this is a simple question.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
I'm pretty sure both would have you end up going crazy, but I still choose immortality.

If you wanted to end it then just go to sleep and don't wake up. With the drugs we have today, I think immortality would be sweet.

The only thing I would be afraid of is being assaulted by a group of people and trapped in a coffin or something forever. That would suck.

May 17, 2007
That's the easiest question ever. You might get sick of life after a few thousand years, but not as sick as you would get of torture after a few seconds.

foolishnun

Oct 18, 2008
Gotham Soul said:
Immortality. But wait, do I still have to fill the basic needs of a human e.g. food, water, shelter? Because if so, that means I have to find a job I really, really, really like.
Let's say you don't need to eat, because you heal yourself, but you'd still get hungry, so that would hurt a lot. If you didn't drink O imagine you'd get delirious with thirst but never actually die or have any permanent physical effects.

PrimeSynergy

Aug 24, 2008
Please tell me I wasn't the only who thought of Lost Odyssey when reading about the immortality.

That game made immortality depressing and something I would avoid, but compared to 1000 years of torture it sounds like heaven. Immortality it is.